Despite numbering its members in the 100s of 1,000s, the Brahma Kumaris so called University has little or no external or internal review procedures and is not recognized as a university by any nation. Indeed, it regards any external influences as impure, unenlightened and dangerous.
Operating from behind a shifting number of front organizations or campaigns, in which recruiting members often play various undisclosed roles, and calling heavily upon the credibility of its limited relationship with minor offices within the United Nations, the BKWSU has neither any obvious formal nor transparent structures of accountability.
At public events, Brahma Kumari leaders will regularly present themselves not as Brahma Kumaris but representing some other element of their movement, or under the disguise of their day to day professional roles. They will use gullible non-BKs, especial those they consider to be VIPs and who are quite unaware of their actual agenda, as covers or spokespeople for their campaigns. BK adherents call such individuals “microphone souls” and they are encourage by their spirit guides to seek them out.
This site respects and defends the need for places in society where individuals might “retreat”, whether temporarily during periods of need or permanently and to offer others that facility, “ashrams” in the true meaning of the word. It does not even dismiss any positive benefits some individuals might experience, especially during the “Honeymoon Period” of Raja Yoga and through following a more disciplined or religious life.
However, a number of concerns arise on the grounds of;
- the experience of those leaving,
the treatment of the families and friends of those that chose to join such a cult, and
the exploitation of individuals who become dependent on or are manipulated by the cult’s leadership, especially those encourage to hand over properties and large sums of money in the belief that they are ensuring a “high status” in their next heavenly life.
We express this concern through our desire to document the religion in accurate and objective detail, part of which includes the many fronts it and its followers use to attract new members and influence established organizations.
For an recently update list of such titles, see: Front Organizations and Alternative Names.
Recent Discussion Posts
- Re: Stupidity of so called Seniors
- Re: Non-BK concepts of Krishna
- Re: Why I continue to be a BK
- Re: Why do the BKs deny access to their teachings (Murlis)?
- Re: Brahmakumaris shifting from World Destruction Theory
- Re: The BKs to Narendra Modi
- Re: Science of Vibrations
- Re: I LOST to the BKs' CULT
- Re: Anything the BKWSU possesses is coming directly from DON
- Re: Hi, I joined BK 3 months back.
- Re: Apologies from raistlin75
- Re: Leaving the BKs
- Re: Soul operates two bodies at once according to Brahma Kum
- Re: How can we attain peace despite having negative environm
- Re: Apparently, GOD HAS ARRIVED!!! (Movie)
- The BKs in Poland - statistics
- News about the BKs in Poland
- Re: Relation status of BK Brothers and BK Sisters in Satyug
- Re: "Mr Sexy" Launches BK Pledge for Peace campaign
- Re: Message to BK Simon Blandford, Learningspirit & others
- Re: Psychic addiction, its similarity to BKism & how to brea
- Re: Brahmakumaris fooling people (Hindi feedback)
- Re: Non-stop remote viewing and abuse
- Re: I want my spouse not to believe
- Re: MSU Intelligence: BK Mike George's new book
- Re: RelaxKids gets public funding, Brahma Kumarism by Stealt
- Re: Brahma Kumaris now ripping off Buddhism: BKWSU & Mindful
- Re: Brahma Kumaris attitudes towards animals
- Re: Debunking BKWSU myths: "first women spiritual leaders"
- Re: BK 'service' only means one thing
- Re: Rajneesh on the BKWSU changing date of Destruction (1980
- Re: BKs Magistrate Court & High Court (1938 - 39) criminal c
- Re: BK Arrested for Extortion Cashing in on Indian Rape Hyst
- Re: BK Anthony Strano dead
- Re: Brahma Kumaris: Domestic servitude and labor trafficking
- Re: Is masturbation allowed for a Brahma Kumar?
- Re: Raksha Bhandan
- Re: Why am I always worrying?
- Re: BK and corruption - really?
- Re: BK Joy Genese from London, UK also dead
- Re: When and how can a BK travel for free and when and why n
- Re: Message to the anonymous BK cult adherent "Learningspiri
- Re: "God" in person (according to Brahma Kumaris) on Youtube
- Re: Violation of structural norms and denial of services to
- Re: Revelation of GOD through the Holy-Trinity