Despite numbering its members in the 100s of 1,000s, the Brahma Kumaris so called University has little or no external or internal review procedures and is not recognized as a university by any nation. Indeed, it regards any external influences as impure, unenlightened and dangerous.
Operating from behind a shifting number of front organizations or campaigns, in which recruiting members often play various undisclosed roles, and calling heavily upon the credibility of its limited relationship with minor offices within the United Nations, the BKWSU has neither any obvious formal nor transparent structures of accountability.
At public events, Brahma Kumari leaders will regularly present themselves not as Brahma Kumaris but representing some other element of their movement, or under the disguise of their day to day professional roles. They will use gullible non-BKs, especial those they consider to be VIPs and who are quite unaware of their actual agenda, as covers or spokespeople for their campaigns. BK adherents call such individuals “microphone souls” and they are encourage by their spirit guides to seek them out.
This site respects and defends the need for places in society where individuals might “retreat”, whether temporarily during periods of need or permanently and to offer others that facility, “ashrams” in the true meaning of the word. It does not even dismiss any positive benefits some individuals might experience, especially during the “Honeymoon Period” of Raja Yoga and through following a more disciplined or religious life.
However, a number of concerns arise on the grounds of;
- the experience of those leaving,
the treatment of the families and friends of those that chose to join such a cult, and
the exploitation of individuals who become dependent on or are manipulated by the cult’s leadership, especially those encourage to hand over properties and large sums of money in the belief that they are ensuring a “high status” in their next heavenly life.
We express this concern through our desire to document the religion in accurate and objective detail, part of which includes the many fronts it and its followers use to attract new members and influence established organizations.
For an recently update list of such titles, see: Front Organizations and Alternative Names.
Recent Discussion Posts
- Re: Drishti experiences?
- Re: BKs open factory sized centre in Leicester
- Re: BapDada fails to arrive for Foreigners' Seasons 2014?
- Re: Will Hodgkinson on ex-BKs
- Re: Is this site run by Shankar Party? Evil spirits in Mount
- Re: Please Help me....
- Re: Spiritual snobbery?
- Re: Should BKs be Vegan?
- Re: Brahma Baba Manipulated By Brahmakumaris
- Re: We are not Gurus, do not worship human beings, no photos
- Re: Unwanted Dissidents
- Re: The roleplaying of Mr. Aznar
- Re: Dacoity (banditry) at BK Centre
- Re: Good quotes
- Re: Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief
- Re: BKWSU UK: "Charitable spending £0 - Generating income £2
- Re: Ex-I & Mr Green
- Hindi speakers/writers wanted for Hindi/Indian language site
- Re: BKs advertising Aruna Ladva degree from Biggest Quack Sc
- Re: Small kid abused by Brahma Kumar in public
- Re: Update on Kali Yuga
- Re: Awakening: the response of a recent BK supporter
- Re: Another BK Puppet Show: Samadhan with Suraj Bhai and Rup
- Re: BK Anthony Strano dead
- Re: Lee James and BKWSU Australia
- Re: A Muslim responds to BKWSU's fallacious account of Islam
- Re: Is BKism tends individuals to become what they claim?
- Re: Introduction
- Re: Characteristics of Post-Cult Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Re: BKWSU Australia; $25 millions assets, $1m per year and .
- Re: BKs get into the Business of Education
- Re: BK threaten child while centres illegally occupy playgro
- Re: Starlight
- Re: Sex, sexlessness and marriage
- Re: Shock of the Kalpa ... BKs refuse offer of free land!
- Re: Wonderful "spiritual" Mother India ... (Delhi bus rape)
- Re: BK missing from last 12 days
- Re: I am in a band
- Re: A Letter to the President 3: Mr Bush Snr & Mr W Bush Jnr
- Re: Islam and BK
- Re: The Brahma Kumaris and the United Nations
- Re: The Brahma Kumaris and the Arya Samaj
- Re: Can someone please explain the "cycle" to me? Thanks : )
- Oldest cities in the world?
- Re: Archeologists Find Earliest act of Copulation 380m years