Despite numbering its members in the 100s of 1,000s, the Brahma Kumaris so called University has little or no external or internal review procedures and is not recognized as a university by any nation. Indeed, it regards any external influences as impure, unenlightened and dangerous.
Operating from behind a shifting number of front organizations or campaigns, in which recruiting members often play various undisclosed roles, and calling heavily upon the credibility of its limited relationship with minor offices within the United Nations, the BKWSU has neither any obvious formal nor transparent structures of accountability.
At public events, Brahma Kumari leaders will regularly present themselves not as Brahma Kumaris but representing some other element of their movement, or under the disguise of their day to day professional roles. They will use gullible non-BKs, especial those they consider to be VIPs and who are quite unaware of their actual agenda, as covers or spokespeople for their campaigns. BK adherents call such individuals “microphone souls” and they are encourage by their spirit guides to seek them out.
This site respects and defends the need for places in society where individuals might “retreat”, whether temporarily during periods of need or permanently and to offer others that facility, “ashrams” in the true meaning of the word. It does not even dismiss any positive benefits some individuals might experience, especially during the “Honeymoon Period” of Raja Yoga and through following a more disciplined or religious life.
However, a number of concerns arise on the grounds of;
- the experience of those leaving,
the treatment of the families and friends of those that chose to join such a cult, and
the exploitation of individuals who become dependent on or are manipulated by the cult’s leadership, especially those encourage to hand over properties and large sums of money in the belief that they are ensuring a “high status” in their next heavenly life.
We express this concern through our desire to document the religion in accurate and objective detail, part of which includes the many fronts it and its followers use to attract new members and influence established organizations.
For an recently update list of such titles, see: Front Organizations and Alternative Names.
Recent Discussion Posts
- Re: I need help. But cannot share my current problem yet
- Re: Before you get sucked in by the Brahma Kumaris ...
- Re: Brahma Baba Manipulated By Brahmakumaris
- Beauty in the beholder's eye
- Official: The Anti-Party have taken over the BKWSU
- Re: Ask Dadi Janki (censorship of questions to BK elite)
- Re: Brahmakumaris shifting from World Destruction Theory
- Re: Brahmakumaris RajYoga is a self-hypnosis
- Responses to request for information from non-BKs
- Re: [Campaign] Murli requests from BKs to BrahmaKumaris.Info
- Re: Mrs. Pokardas
- Re: Is the BKWSU's Brahma Baba different from Hindu God Brah
- Re: The hypocrisy and paradox of BKs: Food issues
- Re: Gyanamrit Cover Pages Full Of Pics Of Famous Personals
- Re: Class Action case: Scientology
- Re: Please help me save my family member
- Re: A message to the BK Media Team and more marriage news
- Re: BKs about Brahma Kumaris Info
- Re: Fear
- Re: Donor influenced by guru centre wins his own house back
- Re: The dawning of the truth
- Child Abuse: "It's never to late to report abuse"
- Re: Who is the God of the BKs?
- Re: Living Value Education Program
- Re: What is the status of BKWSU in different countries?
- Re: Mr. Kirpalani and Krishna, a strange twist
- Re: 'We Will Forget' (End of the World movie)
- Re: We're in the Money
- Re: Can Meditation be Bad for You?
- Re: Disassociating general meditation practice from BK metho
- Re: Spiritist mediumship & dissociative identity disorder
- The A to Z of Sex and the Brahma Kumaris
- Re: BK cover up
- Re: Marc Fourcade Alpha Point Meditation and Leadership
- Re: Derren Brown Fear and faith
- Re: I want to become a Brahma Kumari
- Re: Interview with BK Shivani
- Re: Brahma Kumaris' "Message for Haiti" after major earthqua
- Re: Cult control and Brainwashing: "Doctrine over Person"
- Re: Janki: Biggest Trophy or Biggest Hypocrite?
- Re: Feel Like I Wasted My Life - but it's not all bad!
- Re: Taped speeches of Lekhraj Kripalani.
- Re: Learn Meditation Online.Org
- Re: Mythomania
- Re: Buddhist Monks