In the 40s, the Brahma Kumaris taught that WWII was the End of the World. Then, that there was a “12 year sacrifical fire” and the End of the World was to come in 1950.
During the mid to late 1960s, the BKWSU taught that “Destruction” would happen in 1976, at the end of a 40 year Confluence Age. In the early 80s, it was stated the channelled messages called “the Murlis” which the Brahma Kumaris use as their scriptures that Destruction would take 50 years, and Creation of heaven 50 years. This then failed and re-written so that Destruction was “50 to 60 years” since the start of the Organization in 1936. Again the End of the World did not come despite their leaders persistent exhortations that it would come in “2 to 3 years …”
Following the 1980s to 1990s failure, in the run up to Year 2000, BK followers were encourage to empty bank accounts, buy food and water containers in preparation. The leadership wrote to all centers warning followers to stay in centers, about the impurity and criminal intent of non-BKs. Apart from personal memories, numerous original teaching aids and Murlis remain to reference this.
These failed predictions of the End of the World are kept hidden from newcomers. They are re-written by BKWSU leaders in the versions of the channeled psychic messages adherents are expected to listen to each and every morning for the rest of their lives.
No public record is kept of the revisions. Followers of the cult are not told about their editing. Instead, they are led to believe these teachings called “The Murlis” are the unadulterated “word of God” and failure is their fault for not having made enough efforts.
The revision team have also removed political incorrect references their which god spirits or, allegedly, deceased millionaire founder has made about handicapped and dark skinned individuals, historical characters such as the Congress Party and Gandhi, other religious founders and so on.
The organization continues to bank the money and properties donated by followers given in the faith that doing so will wash away their sins or earn them high status in the forthcoming Golden Age. Even during the year 1976, when the leaders were encouraging the followers the End of the World will come, head Janki Kirpalani was overseeing the purchase of freehold property in London at followers expense.
A culture where adherents will deceive outsiders as to their real believes has been encouraged, for example the re-marketing of “Destruction” – the annihilation of all of humanity except for Brahma Kumari adherents – as “Transformation” to outsiders.
Recent Discussion Posts
- Re: Is getting control over Kaam Vikaar essential?
- Re: One Week Course BK Jagadish Chander
- Re: Janki: Biggest Trophy or Biggest Hypocrite?
- Re: Brahma Baba Manipulated By Brahmakumaris
- Re: I need help. But cannot share my current problem yet
- Re: Before you get sucked in by the Brahma Kumaris ...
- Beauty in the beholder's eye
- Official: The Anti-Party have taken over the BKWSU
- Re: Ask Dadi Janki (censorship of questions to BK elite)
- Re: Brahmakumaris shifting from World Destruction Theory
- Re: Brahmakumaris RajYoga is a self-hypnosis
- Responses to request for information from non-BKs
- Re: [Campaign] Murli requests from BKs to BrahmaKumaris.Info
- Re: Mrs. Pokardas
- Re: Is the BKWSU's Brahma Baba different from Hindu God Brah
- Re: The hypocrisy and paradox of BKs: Food issues
- Re: Gyanamrit Cover Pages Full Of Pics Of Famous Personals
- Re: Class Action case: Scientology
- Re: Please help me save my family member
- Re: A message to the BK Media Team and more marriage news
- Re: BKs about Brahma Kumaris Info
- Re: Fear
- Re: Donor influenced by guru centre wins his own house back
- Re: The dawning of the truth
- Child Abuse: "It's never to late to report abuse"
- Re: Who is the God of the BKs?
- Re: Living Value Education Program
- Re: What is the status of BKWSU in different countries?
- Re: Mr. Kirpalani and Krishna, a strange twist
- Re: 'We Will Forget' (End of the World movie)
- Re: We're in the Money
- Re: Can Meditation be Bad for You?
- Re: Disassociating general meditation practice from BK metho
- Re: Spiritist mediumship & dissociative identity disorder
- The A to Z of Sex and the Brahma Kumaris
- Re: BK cover up
- Re: Marc Fourcade Alpha Point Meditation and Leadership
- Re: Derren Brown Fear and faith
- Re: I want to become a Brahma Kumari
- Re: Interview with BK Shivani
- Re: Brahma Kumaris' "Message for Haiti" after major earthqua
- Re: Cult control and Brainwashing: "Doctrine over Person"
- Re: Feel Like I Wasted My Life - but it's not all bad!
- Re: Taped speeches of Lekhraj Kripalani.
- Re: Learn Meditation Online.Org