In the 40s, the Brahma Kumaris taught that WWII was the End of the World. Then, that there was a “12 year sacrifical fire” and the End of the World was to come in 1950.
During the mid to late 1960s, the BKWSU taught that “Destruction” would happen in 1976, at the end of a 40 year Confluence Age. In the early 80s, it was stated the channelled messages called “the Murlis” which the Brahma Kumaris use as their scriptures that Destruction would take 50 years, and Creation of heaven 50 years. This then failed and re-written so that Destruction was “50 to 60 years” since the start of the Organization in 1936. Again the End of the World did not come despite their leaders persistent exhortations that it would come in “2 to 3 years …”
Following the 1980s to 1990s failure, in the run up to Year 2000, BK followers were encourage to empty bank accounts, buy food and water containers in preparation. The leadership wrote to all centers warning followers to stay in centers, about the impurity and criminal intent of non-BKs. Apart from personal memories, numerous original teaching aids and Murlis remain to reference this.
These failed predictions of the End of the World are kept hidden from newcomers. They are re-written by BKWSU leaders in the versions of the channeled psychic messages adherents are expected to listen to each and every morning for the rest of their lives.
No public record is kept of the revisions. Followers of the cult are not told about their editing. Instead, they are led to believe these teachings called “The Murlis” are the unadulterated “word of God” and failure is their fault for not having made enough efforts.
The revision team have also removed political incorrect references their which god spirits or, allegedly, deceased millionaire founder has made about handicapped and dark skinned individuals, historical characters such as the Congress Party and Gandhi, other religious founders and so on.
The organization continues to bank the money and properties donated by followers given in the faith that doing so will wash away their sins or earn them high status in the forthcoming Golden Age. Even during the year 1976, when the leaders were encouraging the followers the End of the World will come, head Janki Kirpalani was overseeing the purchase of freehold property in London at followers expense.
A culture where adherents will deceive outsiders as to their real believes has been encouraged, for example the re-marketing of “Destruction” – the annihilation of all of humanity except for Brahma Kumari adherents – as “Transformation” to outsiders.
Recent Discussion Posts
- Re: Experiences of those surrendered, living at the center?
- Re: El fraude de la Psicología Positiva
- Re: [Campaign] Murli requests from BKs to BrahmaKumaris.Info
- Re: Paris attack and political BKWSU
- Re: Who created Shiv Baba
- Re: Buying property
- Re: BK Community Survey 2015
- Re: When to tell a friend to wake up
- BK Shivani in book: BKs still up to same game (no surprises)
- Re: Parla centre, Mumbai: Brahma Kumari (CULT) Exposed
- BK Mohini Panjabi B/P a private business out of a BK center
- Re: Marriage in jeopardy
- Sleeping less than six hours a night skews activity of genes
- Re: Debunking BKWSU myths: "first women spiritual leaders"
- Re: The Four Horseman of the Non-Apocalypse
- Re: Statistics: One Million page views, one thousand members
- Re: 1965 recording of "God" speaking through Lekhraj Kirpala
- Re: Baba saying, "Who will press the button (for Destruction
- Re: Good quotes
- Re: Is BKism a Mental Illness?
- Re: Good Quotes
- Re: The Brahma Kumaris in Portugal/Portuguese
- Re: Partner of BK member
- Re: BKs receive $6m government funding of Mount Abu power pl
- Re: Didi Nirmala Australia
- Re: Can anyone please tell me why my post/topic has disappea
- Re: Islam and Bk
- Re: BKs rewarded obese leader ... $10,000s of surgery & serv
- Re: What is CERN?
- Re: Books, movies and websites
- Cattle Herders & The BK Cattle - "Holy Cow"
- Re: "No unconditional love in South Asian families"
- Re: Studies
- Re: Sister Shivani please guide me
- Re: Please help a grieving mother
- Re: ex-BKs, "Imbeciles using talented slander beast Mouths"
- Re: Pay for Healthcare & Luxury Spa services at BK Headquart
- Re: Inside Cults: with Rick Alan Ross.
- Re: Black magic?
- Re: Dolly Bindra claims God came for her autograph
- Re: Desperately need your help Sister Shivani
- Re: BK Australia's $6,000,000 new freehold property
- Re: Om Shanti as Omertà - The BKWSU Family as a "Mafia"
- Re: BK Hansa Raval; cancer cure claims & tax free future
- Re: Brahmakumarisresearch.org closed down by BKWSU?