In the 40s, the Brahma Kumaris taught that WWII was the End of the World. Then, that there was a “12 year sacrifical fire” and the End of the World was to come in 1950.
During the mid to late 1960s, the BKWSU taught that “Destruction” would happen in 1976, at the end of a 40 year Confluence Age. In the early 80s, it was stated the channelled messages called “the Murlis” which the Brahma Kumaris use as their scriptures that Destruction would take 50 years, and Creation of heaven 50 years. This then failed and re-written so that Destruction was “50 to 60 years” since the start of the Organization in 1936. Again the End of the World did not come despite their leaders persistent exhortations that it would come in “2 to 3 years …”
Following the 1980s to 1990s failure, in the run up to Year 2000, BK followers were encourage to empty bank accounts, buy food and water containers in preparation. The leadership wrote to all centers warning followers to stay in centers, about the impurity and criminal intent of non-BKs. Apart from personal memories, numerous original teaching aids and Murlis remain to reference this.
These failed predictions of the End of the World are kept hidden from newcomers. They are re-written by BKWSU leaders in the versions of the channeled psychic messages adherents are expected to listen to each and every morning for the rest of their lives.
No public record is kept of the revisions. Followers of the cult are not told about their editing. Instead, they are led to believe these teachings called “The Murlis” are the unadulterated “word of God” and failure is their fault for not having made enough efforts.
The revision team have also removed political incorrect references their which god spirits or, allegedly, deceased millionaire founder has made about handicapped and dark skinned individuals, historical characters such as the Congress Party and Gandhi, other religious founders and so on.
The organization continues to bank the money and properties donated by followers given in the faith that doing so will wash away their sins or earn them high status in the forthcoming Golden Age. Even during the year 1976, when the leaders were encouraging the followers the End of the World will come, head Janki Kirpalani was overseeing the purchase of freehold property in London at followers expense.
A culture where adherents will deceive outsiders as to their real believes has been encouraged, for example the re-marketing of “Destruction” – the annihilation of all of humanity except for Brahma Kumari adherents – as “Transformation” to outsiders.
Recent Discussion Posts
- Re: Why am I always worrying?
- Re: BK Anthony Strano dead
- Re: Non-stop remote viewing and abuse
- Re: Message to the anonymous BK cult adherent "Learningspiri
- Re: "God" in person (according to Brahma Kumaris) on Youtube
- Re: Violation of structural norms and denial of services to
- Re: Revelation of GOD through the Holy-Trinity
- Re: The experience of meeting BapDada
- Re: Can science explain consciousness?
- Re: Black people are the most impure - Dadi Janki
- Re: In the end, I left BK ...
- Re: Love without borders
- Re: Woman raped at Brahmakumari Ashram
- Re: Was it too late?
- Re: Kindred Spirit Magazine 2014 Award for Spiritual Communi
- Re: My doubt, a question
- Re: DJ honored with Bharat Gaurav Award?
- Re: BMC to take action against Brahma Kumaris
- Re: Lekhraj Kirpalani: constant Prostitute & Brothel referen
- Re: Life with a BK: Grounds For Divorce Under Hindu Marriage
- Re: Lekhraj Kirpalani's "cinema is the depths of hell" quote
- Re: Father of the Atomic Bomb Quotes Hindu Scripture.
- Re: Good quotes
- Re: Why are so many Indian Brahma Kumaris fat or obese?
- Re: Brahmakumaris shifting from World Destruction Theory
- Re: BKs reported spending $2,000,000 on TV advertising
- Re: Wrong concept of mind given by BKs
- Re: The difference between discussion and argument
- Re: Prior references to Sangumyug in Bhakti before BKs
- Re: New Asia Retreat Centre in Malaysia
- Re: Global Peace Index 2014
- Re: Everything happens for a reason
- Re: The House is Full of Yogis
- Re: Bhumika: I genuinely think people here are misguided her
- Re: BK threaten child while centres illegally occupy playgro
- Re: BK is definitely in the money
- Re: BK Ruins Family Life
- Re: "Touchy-feely" PR erupts into BK Living Values controver
- Re: 12,000 year old Göbekli Tepe: most important world monum
- Re: Storms in UK unearth 4,500 to 6,000 year old forest
- Re: Universe recreated in massive computer simulation
- GALLERY: THE OLDEST LIVING THINGS IN THE WORLD
- Re: Sister Shivani please guide me
- Re: A question from the wife of a BK adherent
- Re: Led Zeppelin