In the 40s, the Brahma Kumaris taught that WWII was the End of the World. Then, that there was a “12 year sacrifical fire” and the End of the World was to come in 1950.
During the mid to late 1960s, the BKWSU taught that “Destruction” would happen in 1976, at the end of a 40 year Confluence Age. In the early 80s, it was stated the channelled messages called “the Murlis” which the Brahma Kumaris use as their scriptures that Destruction would take 50 years, and Creation of heaven 50 years. This then failed and re-written so that Destruction was “50 to 60 years” since the start of the Organization in 1936. Again the End of the World did not come despite their leaders persistent exhortations that it would come in “2 to 3 years …”
Following the 1980s to 1990s failure, in the run up to Year 2000, BK followers were encourage to empty bank accounts, buy food and water containers in preparation. The leadership wrote to all centers warning followers to stay in centers, about the impurity and criminal intent of non-BKs. Apart from personal memories, numerous original teaching aids and Murlis remain to reference this.
These failed predictions of the End of the World are kept hidden from newcomers. They are re-written by BKWSU leaders in the versions of the channeled psychic messages adherents are expected to listen to each and every morning for the rest of their lives.
No public record is kept of the revisions. Followers of the cult are not told about their editing. Instead, they are led to believe these teachings called “The Murlis” are the unadulterated “word of God” and failure is their fault for not having made enough efforts.
The revision team have also removed political incorrect references their which god spirits or, allegedly, deceased millionaire founder has made about handicapped and dark skinned individuals, historical characters such as the Congress Party and Gandhi, other religious founders and so on.
The organization continues to bank the money and properties donated by followers given in the faith that doing so will wash away their sins or earn them high status in the forthcoming Golden Age. Even during the year 1976, when the leaders were encouraging the followers the End of the World will come, head Janki Kirpalani was overseeing the purchase of freehold property in London at followers expense.
A culture where adherents will deceive outsiders as to their real believes has been encouraged, for example the re-marketing of “Destruction” – the annihilation of all of humanity except for Brahma Kumari adherents – as “Transformation” to outsiders.
Recent Discussion Posts
- Re: Aham brahmashmi
- Re: TV documentary on cults: anyone want to take part?
- Re: Arson attack causes £5,000 damage to Brahma Kumaris busi
- Re: The Battle of recovering from Cult Brainwashing Goes On
- Anomie: Margaret Singer on Recovery from Cults
- Re: BKs become landlord to followers in houses made by donat
- Re: Jokes
- Re: Virginity & Literature
- Re: The Burden of Proof
- Re: Married only two years and am three months pregnant
- Re: How to get my family member out of the BK cult?
- Re: Cannot handle any esoteric stuff anymore?
- Re: Merry Christmas
- Re: I am a new recruit of the BKs
- Re: The Truth about Life?
- Shop early ... Kirpalanis Kristmas Kounters
- Re: Father of the Atomic Bomb Quotes Hindu Scripture.
- Re: Anyone from Australia on here?
- Re: Message to BK center in charge
- Re: Angry or aggressive responses from BKs
- Re: Never Build Ashrams!
- Re: My experience of the Brahma Kumaris: Pros and Cons
- Re: Child Abuse
- Re: Another BK suicide - open letter to Jayanti
- Re: The Evolutionary Tree of Religion (Faith, Myth & Mystici
- Re: Cult Witness movie (2011)
- Re: The House is Full of Yogis by Will Hodgkinson
- Re: Questions
- Re: Brahmakumaris shifting from World Destruction Theory
- Re: Mothers in cults: influence on Mother-Child Relationship
- Re: Anti-Brahma Kumaris Facebook Page
- Are cults a hidden epidemic? Truthloader debate
- Re: A Memorial Service for Dead Gods ... or their Followers?
- Re: What's next? Moving on
- Re: InspiredStillness.com - another Brahma Kumari Shop Facad
- Re: The Satyug will come soon (... a world free from the BKs
- Re: देहरादून पुलिस ने नहीं लिखा एफ़आईआर, बर्बाद हो रहा परिवा
- Re: aboutaboutbrahmakumaris.com - a new BKwatch-like site?
- Re: The beginnings of the BKWSU in Poland
- Re: Rape motive suspected in BK killing - RIP BK Dawn Griggs
- Re: BapDada fails to arrive for Foreigners' Seasons 2014?
- TV production-team producing documentary
- Re: Non-BK concepts of Krishna
- Re: Why don't and did not the BKs teach Western BKs Hindi?
- Re: How To Recognize Characteristics of Reptilian