In the 40s, the Brahma Kumaris taught that WWII was the End of the World. Then, that there was a “12 year sacrifical fire” and the End of the World was to come in 1950.
During the mid to late 1960s, the BKWSU taught that “Destruction” would happen in 1976, at the end of a 40 year Confluence Age. In the early 80s, it was stated the channelled messages called “the Murlis” which the Brahma Kumaris use as their scriptures that Destruction would take 50 years, and Creation of heaven 50 years. This then failed and re-written so that Destruction was “50 to 60 years” since the start of the Organization in 1936. Again the End of the World did not come despite their leaders persistent exhortations that it would come in “2 to 3 years …”
Following the 1980s to 1990s failure, in the run up to Year 2000, BK followers were encourage to empty bank accounts, buy food and water containers in preparation. The leadership wrote to all centers warning followers to stay in centers, about the impurity and criminal intent of non-BKs. Apart from personal memories, numerous original teaching aids and Murlis remain to reference this.
These failed predictions of the End of the World are kept hidden from newcomers. They are re-written by BKWSU leaders in the versions of the channeled psychic messages adherents are expected to listen to each and every morning for the rest of their lives.
No public record is kept of the revisions. Followers of the cult are not told about their editing. Instead, they are led to believe these teachings called “The Murlis” are the unadulterated “word of God” and failure is their fault for not having made enough efforts.
The revision team have also removed political incorrect references their which god spirits or, allegedly, deceased millionaire founder has made about handicapped and dark skinned individuals, historical characters such as the Congress Party and Gandhi, other religious founders and so on.
The organization continues to bank the money and properties donated by followers given in the faith that doing so will wash away their sins or earn them high status in the forthcoming Golden Age. Even during the year 1976, when the leaders were encouraging the followers the End of the World will come, head Janki Kirpalani was overseeing the purchase of freehold property in London at followers expense.
A culture where adherents will deceive outsiders as to their real believes has been encouraged, for example the re-marketing of “Destruction” – the annihilation of all of humanity except for Brahma Kumari adherents – as “Transformation” to outsiders.
Recent Discussion Posts
- Re: BKs use Texas University Claim Again
- Re: Server migration notice: Expect forum to be offline
- Re: BK knowledge is meant for real Indians
- The Brain Dictionary
- Re: All people hear my thoughts
- Re: Oldest cities in the world?
- Re: Brahma Kumari spin on the Universal Declaration of Right
- Re: Thanks
- Re: About my life
- Re: Lost and found
- Re: Location of the soul
- Re: BK Denise Lawrence on Morality and Ethics
- Re: Schizoaffective Disorder
- Re: We create our destiny through our thoughts
- Re: BKs' own production of self-promotion
- Re: Megan and Grace Phelps Leave Westboro Church
- Re: The Path - a Cult TV series about a Cult.
- Re: Madness or spiritual journey?
- Re: How To Recognize Characteristics of Reptilian
- Semantic deception
- Re: My son is totally depressed, what should I do?
- Re: I am a new recruit of the BKs
- Re: Scottish National Party rally for Brahma Kumaris?
- Bks on Facebook
- Re: How much money does the BKWSU have? How much yearly inco
- Re: The Truman Show? Reformist BKs news site
- Re: History of the Practise of BK Raja Yoga + PBK Practise
- Re: Hindi speakers/writers wanted for Hindi/Indian language
- Re: Good quotes
- Re: Schismogenesis: from 'Understanding Cults & New Religion
- Re: Soulchemy, another Brahma Kumari business front
- Re: Cults: closer to totalitarianism than religion
- Re: Questions on Quora
- Re: Guru as Mother? Co-therapeutic approach to ex-cult heali
- Promoting secularism as a self-defence against BKs & cults
- Re: Piyu or Piu? Brahma Kumaris first Medium of their god sp
- Re: Reincarnation & ‘sanskaras' or genetic memory?
- Re: The Brahma Kumaris in Portugal/Portuguese
- Brahma Kumaris Australia; what happened to Rory Moore's cash
- Re: European BKs seek to Block Site from Google Search Resul
- Re: Who created Shiv Baba
- Re: Experiences of those surrendered, living at the center?
- Re: A flyer about Brahma Baba by BKs with clarifications by
- BK World aflutter as "God" speaks in Sister Gulzar's Voice
- Re: Shared Delusional Disorder and its treatments