In the 40s, the Brahma Kumaris taught that WWII was the End of the World. Then, that there was a “12 year sacrifical fire” and the End of the World was to come in 1950.
During the mid to late 1960s, the BKWSU taught that “Destruction” would happen in 1976, at the end of a 40 year Confluence Age. In the early 80s, it was stated the channelled messages called “the Murlis” which the Brahma Kumaris use as their scriptures that Destruction would take 50 years, and Creation of heaven 50 years. This then failed and re-written so that Destruction was “50 to 60 years” since the start of the Organization in 1936. Again the End of the World did not come despite their leaders persistent exhortations that it would come in “2 to 3 years …”
Following the 1980s to 1990s failure, in the run up to Year 2000, BK followers were encourage to empty bank accounts, buy food and water containers in preparation. The leadership wrote to all centers warning followers to stay in centers, about the impurity and criminal intent of non-BKs. Apart from personal memories, numerous original teaching aids and Murlis remain to reference this.
These failed predictions of the End of the World are kept hidden from newcomers. They are re-written by BKWSU leaders in the versions of the channeled psychic messages adherents are expected to listen to each and every morning for the rest of their lives.
No public record is kept of the revisions. Followers of the cult are not told about their editing. Instead, they are led to believe these teachings called “The Murlis” are the unadulterated “word of God” and failure is their fault for not having made enough efforts.
The revision team have also removed political incorrect references their which god spirits or, allegedly, deceased millionaire founder has made about handicapped and dark skinned individuals, historical characters such as the Congress Party and Gandhi, other religious founders and so on.
The organization continues to bank the money and properties donated by followers given in the faith that doing so will wash away their sins or earn them high status in the forthcoming Golden Age. Even during the year 1976, when the leaders were encouraging the followers the End of the World will come, head Janki Kirpalani was overseeing the purchase of freehold property in London at followers expense.
A culture where adherents will deceive outsiders as to their real believes has been encouraged, for example the re-marketing of “Destruction” – the annihilation of all of humanity except for Brahma Kumari adherents – as “Transformation” to outsiders.
Recent Discussion Posts
- Re: About my career
- Re: Millenarianism and the age of transition
- Re: Disassociating general meditation practice from BK metho
- Re: The Brahma Kumaris and the United Nations
- Re: Why am I always worrying?
- Re: Found - the oldest known piece of Planet Earth
- ‘Holy Hell’
- Re: Bhumika: I genuinely think people here are misguided her
- Re: BKs want my property & turning my family against me
- Re: Brahmakumaris shifting from World Destruction Theory
- Re: Definition of cheating
- Re: Cannot handle any esoteric stuff anymore?
- Re: What are the lenses with which we are trying to authenti
- Storms in UK unearth 4,500 to 6,000 year old forest
- Re: Jokes
- Re: Do all Brahma Kumars and Brahma Kumaris masturbate?
- Re: Are all BKs perfect? Are any BKs perfect?
- Re: Ethicality and credibility of some ex-BKs in question
- Re: Message to the anonymous BK cult adherent "Learningspiri
- Re: Parent’s love is genuine or selfish
- Re: ex-BK Yuktis
- Re: Dalai Lama to Jayanti Kirpalani ... its not "working".
- Re: BK member for five years
- Re: A letter to the President 2 [President Vicente Fox]
- Re: Parla centre, Mumbai: Brahma Kumari (CULT) Exposed
- Re: Google boy
- Re: Apparently, GOD HAS ARRIVED!!! (Movie)
- Re: Imitation ... insincere & unflattering: Brahma Kumaris F
- Shopping for god
- Brahma Kumaris meddle in Savita Halappanavar abortion death case
- "All Brahmakumari sevikas are lesbians"
- 2013 Social Attitudes Survey shows 48% non-religious
- Re: How great your mind is in fooling you
- Re: How great your mind is in fooling you
- Re: BK is definitely in the money
- BK Rape Brahma Kumari leader absconds after forcing abortion
- Re: Bk cult is planning to invade ... Iran
- Re: Watching BapDada Milan (meeting with God) at local BK ce
- Re: Hello
- Re: Brahma Kumaris / Pachamama Partners
- Re: Visions of Brahma Baba & Shiv Baba lend support to BK tr
- Re: I want to become a Brahma Kumari
- Re: Atheism: A Rough History of Disbelief (Jonathan Miller)
- How to reveal a......???
- Re: Politics and Religion - hard to separate