Imitation ... insincere & unflattering: Brahma Kumaris Forum

for discussing revisions in the history of the Brahma Kumaris and updating information about the organisation

ex-l

ex-BK

Imitation ... insincere & unflattering: Brahma Kumaris Forum

Post31 Jan 2014

Brahma Kumarism is a hot-potch religion, made up on the hoof by its uneducated founder and leaders from bits and pieces of other religious in response to whoever turned up at the time or whatever needs it had, possibly just to hook individuals in but more than often for financial benefit or facilitate its social climbing.

From asset stripping Hinduism for its more marketable concepts and iconography, since expanding into the West the BK have diversified into pillaging other tradition not known by its founder ... and it must be point out that when their god first exposed himself on earth he did not even know about Judaism and still has no place in his tree of life for other great religions as Confucianism, Zoroastrianism, Taoism and others ... to nicking from the New Age, and co-opting corporate coaching snake oil.

There's an old saying "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery", however, in the case of the Brahma Kumaris it is hard to believe that it fits and that anything their leaders do is sincere. What appears to matter most to them is whether an idea is expedient or not (i.e. useful for those financial and status climbing purposes), there is little integrity to their purloining. Their god might say that all other religions are "impure", of little to no benefit, even "stumbling in darkness" and "paths of ignorance" ... but that doesn't stop his adherents from contradictorily borrowing their language and ideas, liberally and without acknowledgement.

Where BKism fails, is weak or does not sell to foreign markets, it can be patched up with bits and pieces stuck on from elsewhere. For example, Taoism or Zen is "cool" whereas Krishna and Ganesh are not? No problem, just steal their style and language. Have no theories to explain the anomalies of 5,000 Year Cycle? No problem, just borrow arguments from whacko Born Again Christians ... it's where they took monotheism and millenarianism (End of the World-ism) from anyway. And there is no shame to absolute u-turns either, e.g. Gandhi the "unpatriotic traitor", "the dictator of the crow race" in yesteryears now becomes an icon and a figurehead of "peace" and wisdom to quote ... after he won.

BKism is not what is says it is, it is how it acts ... surfing along on a pattern of dubious deeds and ill gotten gains, later hidden and even literally buried from newcomers; outsiders widely misled.

The BKs have redefined "pure" to mean something without pure intentions, and "truth" as a constantly changing falsehood or illusion, malleable credos the emphasis of which is on submitting to unquestioningly ... because the leaders don't have any answers to rational questions, and their status as money earners cannot be questioned.

And so the spirit of the BKWS extends right down to us ...

Despite being universally condemned, criticised, constantly slandered and conspired against in most unspiritual ways, Brahma Kumaris Info remains an inspiration to the BKs that they just cannot ignore. Whether is it in it is their 'faux academia' PR borrowing from our historical research, or the BK IT team copying our website, it's Brahma Kumaris Info not their god spirit which appears to be the subject of their Yoga and inspiration.

It's not strange and paradoxical ... It is somewhat sad or pathetic. And I suspect typical of how they have always acted from the very beginning, e.g. Lekhraj Kirpalani copying the oft criticised Sadhu Vaswani's sincere girls' school with his Om Mandli school.

When the Brahma Kumaris leaders' legal attempt to suppress us failed, the BK Nerds consciously plotted and advised on how to try and drown Brahma Kumaris Info out of search engine rankings, in order to hide the primary source of objective truth about and reform of their religion. The BK global hive mind was set a buzzing and into action.

They even want to be seen as the source of their meagre reforms when, in fact, theirs leaders lead the cover ups.

The insincere and unflattering imitation of the BK robo-nerds went as far to copy our discussion forum using the same the format, software, descriptions, and even meta tags. Theirs, they claimed was the independent forum too. (I complained, they changed it).

We have a Library section, they proposed a Library section. They even discuss copying our original drop box download area.

We have a Wiki-like Encyclopedia, they have a wiki-like encyclopedia using, again, exactly the same software ... laughably emphasising its "objectivity" too. Wait for the world "objective" to be re-defined by the BKs again to something like, "what ever Dadi Janki says".

We have a dictionary, they have a dictionary (coming soon folks).

And so it goes on in tandem with coordinated efforts to whitewash public sources of information such as the BKWSU Wikipedia topic, filling them with "facts" even they now know are false or misleading our input, our source, our inspiration, our causal factor hidden and unacknowledged by them.

What a joke. How desperate can you get? What I don't understand is how mature adults can honestly believe such actions and mentality are in some way "divine", "Godly" and in service of humanity. How much Yoga are they having with us!

There's a famous George Carlin quote ... and, trust me, George Carlin is unlikely to be on the BK rip off list ...
George Carlin wrote:Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

So the same might be true of trying to reform a group of individuals with no integrity ...
Never try and reform a group of individuals with no integrity. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with decades worth of experience.

It's even worse when attempting to reason with demented cult members who genuinely believe all their wasted time and efforts are going to be rewarded with servants, jewel encrusted golden palaces and mind control flying machines in some 'ever soon to be' heaven on earth for eternity.

Or it is just motivated by personal egos now?

FYI, I've recently been officially upgraded from "disgruntled ex-" to not just angry but "ferocious" ... I think for openly questioning the ethics of a chosen few BK being allowed to marry in marriages of convenience, marriages with one has to assume are not romantic or sexual ... nor even the service of humanity ... but rather just to circumvent immigration laws ... as legal eagle Hansa Raval did ... and as part of the greater Brahma Kumari co-prosperity world.

Is the question of equal opportunity, whether all Brahma Kumari slave girls are given the option of emigration to the West via marrying some eligible Westerner, or American resident too "ferocious" to ask? The BKs have plenty of spare bachelors going round ... and a few willings too Sister it seems.

Perhaps it is just not "royal", in BK terms, to cry "hypocrites!".

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: Imitation ... insincere & unflattering: Brahma Kumaris F

Post31 Jan 2014

Oh, and just in case the Brahma Kumaris ... after 81 years of the 'highest' university level research ... cannot come with an explanation of when the dinosaurs existed ... (answer: allegedly 2,500 years ago and due to genetic mutations caused by exploding Silver Aged nuclear power stations according to the university's more informed students ... they could always borrow a few ideas from Eddie Izzard.

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post01 Feb 2014

of course they will be your servants in sat yug!

Pink Panther

Post02 Feb 2014

... they could always borrow a few ideas from Eddie Izzard. Jesus and the dinosaurs.

Very Funny!! He is both the messiah and a naughty boy!! :D

ex-l

ex-BK

Post02 Feb 2014

Pink Panther wrote:Very Funny!! ...

Or as we say, ferociously funny ... raa-ar.

I think many people just hang on in the BKWSU because they haven' got anywhere else to go to. They cannot believe in it. Their actions defy that they do. They just enjoy whatever sense of importance or ego trip they need so they stick with it. It's a place where you can be a real odd ball and everyone, sort of, has to put up with you and have positive thoughts for because you are one of "Baba's children". Although I have been told even BKs make fun of Simon behind his back ... my question is how they accepted the marriage business.

Do they still allow marriages in the BK? Don't the unmarried Brothers feel jealous, or the Sisters who are still stuck in developing nations feel it's a bit unfair?

Perhaps no one has told them it is going on, which is why the BKWSU will always need us ... until it can become honest.

Pink Panther

Post02 Feb 2014

When some BK marries and continues as a BK, there is outward accommodation and acceptance, congratulations and words spoken. But each ”full” BK knows the teachings. They will consider the newly wed has chosen marriage in this life and sacrificed ”fortune” and status. There is a kind of schadenfreude as everyone sees them as having left their place in the line so the rest can move up one position in the ”rosary".

I was not there when Ranjana got into her relationship with JB and vacated her position as Dadi Janki’s PA, her position quickly filled by those next in line.

I wasn't there to see it but I heard of it and can easily imagine the way the looks and words and nuances were manifest by those people around at that time - most whom I knew well, most still there.

Knowing their personalities, I can easily picture each’s way of shunning or shutting her out, their particular glances and tones of voice that each would have employed, superficially "polite", "spiritual", always suggesting at what was ”known” about ”her past”. She, who was obviously more intelligent, better educated, compassionate and talented than they, would need to be kept in her place if she wasn’t to regain favour. I even venture to suggest that such behaviour was ”not discouraged” by the old crones, who could've set an example.

Tragically, Ranjana couldn’t see herself clear of the Gyan and community she’d become enmeshed with, the social ostracism that is built into BK Gyan and culture, she made the ultimate statement about her predicament.

If Simon or anyone else finds true love, that’s a beautiful thing. If they do not have the wit to recognise the profound contradiction, maybe that’s for the better. It will keep them safer than those tormented by inner conflicts because they actually have deeper insight into the inherent implications of such innocent actions when they also give value to beliefs which make criminal what is innocent in nature.

The BKs will fete anyone who gives away their money, time, skills or wealth. The more that person identifies as a BK the more they will freely give, so the BKs will not say or do anything that's let them think they are not fine with everything.

If that married person had no talents that were particularly needed, little money and little free time, they’d be given short shrift - tolerated at best, unlikely to be brought into the inner circles.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post03 Feb 2014

Pink Panther wrote:If Simon or anyone else finds true love, that’s a beautiful thing ...

I suppose giving another individual a British visa is a kind of love but who knows what's really going on until the BKs are willing to be open and honest about it and clearly systemise such activities. But can they be if, a) they are not legal, or b) it contradicts the disciplines demanded of the majority of slaves in their system?

From a BK point of view, it does raise questions about the individuals' level of awareness and enlightenment (by BK standards), their commitment or motivations ... which would then, one presumes, effect other aspects of their behaviour.

In the old days, such conduct would have been absolutely 'verboten' and even donations from such individuals would not welcomed. As you say, even associations with that individual would be discouraged out of concern that the "virus" of dissent against the leadership's will might spread, e.g. food prepared by such individual would not be accepted, other BKs would be "warned" about them. Some, most certainly, have even been refused entrance to centers.
... If that married person had no talents that were particularly needed, little money and little free time, they’d be given short shrift - tolerated at best, unlikely to be brought into the inner circles.

I think it's worthwhile examining such cases and think it's a shame that they and the leadership cannot discuss such matters more openly and honestly in order that others can understand how the BKs really work, e.g. the favoritistic decision making processes that goes (who gets to/who does not) or why they don't advertise it more widely as an option, and that greater equality of opportunity exists for all.

In short, such cases expose their actual value system ... who they are not and what they do, not what they say they are.

In theory, one could say Brahma Kumarism was about the purity or sincerity of intention starting with an absorption in their god spirit. Sadly, some BK use the excuse of absorption in their god spirit to carry out actions which are unethical or even illegal (i.e. the idea that "there's no bad karma if you do it whilst remembering Baba" or "for Baba" ... Baba is said to take responsibility).

An emotionally inspired marriage ... i.e. a focus or attachment to another individual than Baba, or the carrying out of a legally dubious marriage ... i.e. a marriage of convenience to circumvent immigrations laws as per Hansa Raval and others, would surely signify a serious weakness or fault in said individuals' consciousness or attitude. Don't the BKs even the term "adi-kumar" and "adi-kumari" to signify a "half-brother" or "half-sister"?

Within such a context, I find the marriage of their accountant and trustee even more interesting (not Ramesh but the UK's one).

In the old days, or at least their middle period, the BKs expressed a strong reluctance to accept donations from non-committed individuals because said donations were "impure". It was even one of the avowed principles or guidelines. As their financial needs have increased, that has apparently been relaxed and I think the greater the value or the money, property, land etc the more it tends to be relaxed. I suspect this principle arose from problems they experienced, e.g. trouble from non-committed individuals who gave but then demanding things back or "trades".

I also suspect that 'in secret' the Kirpalani Klan leadership has always operated to a different system to the one they tell others to follow.

So how does this work with regards the leadership accepting "service/s" from such individuals? Are those service/s not in some way spiritually tainted? Translating "taint" into a more worldly 'risk prone'. At risk from karmic repercussions from impure spiritual consciousnesses?

I can imagine how it goes ... individuals know it is verboten and so carry out actions in secret. Rumours spread quickly. They are summoned or surrender themselves to Janki or Jayanti Kirpalani and confess. Janki or Jayanti put on a stern face and humiliate or reprimands them, perhaps put some fear into them about loss of status etc ... then what?

Do Janki or Jayanti then sit there and do a quick [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cost–benefit_analysis]cost-benefit analysis[/url] of what it is worth to the BKWSU if they accept and allow it before passing judgement?

That "cost–benefit analysis" might be direct, e.g. "how much money/property etc will they give us", or indirect, e.g. "what is the value of the services or social benefits (worldly status) they provide".

But there is something beyond just that, I think, and that is the willingness of the leadership to hang on to such individuals allowing them to carry out dubious or dirty actions on their behalf, e.g. the legal case against us with both married Simon and Hansa involved themselves; the latter for her own personal benefit and the former knowing this.

That suggests the leadership is slightly less pure in their intentions than one might assume ... that they consciously accept such indulgences and malfeasance if there is something in it for them.

What's been clear from the Brahma Kumaris' Wiki-war, and I think this website/internet presence business, is that it has become extremely personal for Simon. He's stated as such, "I want ... blah blah blah". His accusations and effort to discredit me are highly personal. He has been willing to state falsehoods in public and knowingly cast aspersions, e.g spreading doubt about the veracity of our findings.

It would be very difficult for him to argue that many of his efforts are beneficial in attaining soul or god spirit consciousness, or are in any in service of humanity (Can an Age of Truth be built out of lies?).

Yet the leadership appears to be going along with that ... in short, accepting the level of consciousness/behaviour being carried out ... if it appears to benefit them.

That's not very spiritual or pure in my books.

Of course, from their point of view, like some criminal underworld, the willingness to carry out legally dubious actions - or even plainly illegal actions - might even be considered a sign of commitment to the organization and rewarded, e.g. in Hansa's case, her personally inspired legal action was given official support despite the leadership knowing of her past.

Pink Panther

Post04 Feb 2014

ex-l wrote:In the old days, or at least their middle period, the BKs expressed a strong reluctance to accept donations from non-committed individuals because said donations were "impure". It was even one of the avowed principles or guidelines.

I clearly remember Janki's Sunday mornings being completely taken over by private meetings after Hindi class with the many Hindi-wallah "Sunday Brahmins”; many being hard-working shopkeepers, business people, drivers - whatever - already fatigued and barely keeping it together ... guys who gave up their one sleep-in of the week, often with a spouse who spent her weekday free time (and money) at the BK centre. Many had years in Gyan and had young children (which says something). The meetings were ”granted" expressly for buttering these guys up and getting donations -playing on the Hindu cultural norm of giving donations to temple & priest etc. These meetings were joked about by some of us, ”I wonder how much so and so is getting squeezed out of him”.

I remember one guy (whose name eludes me) a tall guy from a Jain background who drove trucks internationally for a crust. He said to me once, when we talked about his meeting - "I don't mind, it’s what I can do". He later died in a trucking accident - very likely driver fatigue, which is a major cause for most of these, and he always looked "wiped out" ... so.

In those days, Hindi & English classes started together with a class from DJ or whoever, splitting up later for separate Murli reading. Things were sometimes said beforehand in class like, "OK if you can’t make it to class regularly or follow all directions perfectly etc (one assumes that’s includes celibacy) etc because of your role/circumstances/duties" (thereby creating a feeling of failure or inferiority) ... "by helping Baba’s work in other ways you can earn your eternal brownie points” ... (thereby creating an easy solution) - with "other ways" being a euphemism for giving money etc. But it was made quite clear. You didn’t want it to be so vague that the point could be missed, but not be so ”unroyal" as to say straightforwardly ”give us your money”!

”Royalty” was a quality BB was admired for. DL is always described as being ”royal”. His (personal, human) teachings on ”being royal” as described by some of the elders were things like "use signals, hints, speak quietly etc” - don't be upfront or straightforward.
An emotionally inspired marriage ... i.e. a focus or attachment to another individual than Baba, or the carrying out of a legally dubious marriage ... i.e. a marriage of convenience to circumvent immigrations laws as per Hansa Raval and others, would surely signify a serious weakness or fault in said individuals' consciousness or attitude.

Another culturally regressive value system brought to you by the BKs.

Although you mention both, emotional (love) marriages are, in this community, definitely inferior to ”duty” marriages.

In fundamental religious attitudes - of all persuasions - the world’s laws and values are mere obstacles, inferior to "God’s” laws and values - unless they serve to protect the safety and interests of the fundamentalists.

That is, the religious fanatical mindset puts "God" above Caesar - and any misuse or abuse of legal and social norms are justified if they bring ”Glory to God”. ( I have always wondered why God needs to be glorified!? Does he suffer from low self-esteem?).

The radical Jewish rabbi, Jesus of Nazareth, famously told his followers ”give to god that which is god’s, give to Caesar that which is Caesar’s” (Caesar, the Emperor of Rome, ruled over Israel-Palestine at the time). This means many things but, mainly, don’t confuse the realm of the spiritual with, or at the expense of, the realm of the secular/pragmatic. You have responsibilities to both.

In the BK world, Dada Lekhraj professes to be both World Emperor and the spokesman/medium/incarnation of God.

Now there’s a conflict of interest if ever there was one!!

ex-l

ex-BK

Post05 Feb 2014

Pink Panther wrote:Although you mention both, emotional (love) marriages are, in this community, definitely inferior to ”duty” marriages.

So, is getting another BK into the country, or hooking up with them to make money, "rewardable" or a "duty" ... if the Kirpalani Klan gets a commission out of it either in terms of free labor or financial benefits?

If so, it's a wonder they are not all married off to Indian imports to double the ranks of the BKWSU ... "Two girls for every boy ..."!

Are there not tax benefits for couples as well?

Of course, they could do something *more* noble and humanitarian ... like marrying poor unwanted daughters, or free untouchables from the caste system, or save ex-prostitutes ... rather than just choosing nice ones or useful ones, even if they were only to turn them into unpaid house servants like the rest of the unpaid BK slave girls.

But the whole idea of two BKs marrying out of personal choice is surely wrong and would incur karmas, not free the souls from their karma ... and being BKs, surely the karmic rewards of doing so would be even worse than a non-BK doing so. And disservice to Baba.

The radical Jewish rabbi, Jesus of Nazareth, famously told his followers "give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and give to God what belongs to God." (Caesar, the Emperor of Rome, ruled over Israel-Palestine at the time). This means many things ...

The one I like is "that which was Caesar's" was "the sword" and, hence, Jesus was actually suggesting the revolution he was prophesied to bring by rebellion. Perhaps the BKs ought say, "give to Dadi what belongs to Dadi, and give to God what belongs to God".

Back to the BKs and their forum, I just think it is a shame that the BKWSU as a whole ought suffer from reactions against individuals who are not fully following the principles of the BKWSU either in word or spirit.

My Heart Life Earnings Belong to Dadi ...

Return to The BKWSU