The Best Way to Treat Someone Infected by BKism

for ex-BKs to discuss matters related to experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.

ex-l

ex-BK

The Best Way to Treat Someone Infected by BKism

Post15 Jul 2018

"When the whole world doesn't believe in God, it'll be a great place ... I am exactly the opposite of religious, I am anti-religious. I find religious people hideous. I hate the religious lies. It's all a big lie ... It's not a neurotic thing, but the miserable record of religion — I don't even want to talk about it. It's not interesting to talk about the sheep referred to as believers.

When I write, I am alone. It's filled with fear and loneliness and anxiety — and I never needed religion to save me.

- Philip Roth, novelist

Roth may have been too exaggerated in his views for many - including exiting BKs weaning themselves off the BK god spirit's teat - so let us try a short term experiment in the meanwhile.

Let's try 25 years without all the religious parasites feeding on us, our time and our wallets. 25 years not of "religious freedom", but freedom from religion, just to see what happens ... to see whether the sky falls on our head ... the world comes to an end in doom or nuclear boom ... or whether, in fact, we are all released from a huge imaginary oppressive burden.

For many, exiting BKism can takes a long time so deep is the indoctrination and insecurity. Others, in other cults, have said that recovery is a life time process. Certainly, one can never get back the precious time lost and undo the hurt done to others, the stupid and embarassing decisions made from within their infective delusion.

I hope they do finally wear themselves out but, boy, they take time to, coming back years later to mug you at a vulnerable moment.

It has been our experience, time and time again, that once someone has been infected with BKism, it's almost impossible to snap them out of it. One can only let the disease run its course until the time they get better and can leave.

Perhaps the best thing we can do is just to stop others going in, in the first place. Prevention, rather than a cure. For anyone suffering the loss of a loved one to the Brahma Kumaris, perhaps the best thing you can do is to isolate the patient, protect the family's or partnership's assets from the avariciousness of the BK cult's accountants (to stop it being squandered on their vain follies), and to stop the disease spreading to others in your circle.

Start by at least putting them in a virtual quarantine. Be subtle, but attempt to restrict the BKs access in order prevent them being infected further or re-infected (. This might include effectively stopping their access to the BKs "push technologies" eg email, text, telephone). If that does not work, I have come to the conclusion - and it is open to discussion here, please - that the best thing is to cut them off and cast them out. Accept that they are as dead as the BKs want them to believe - demand that they leave completely and with nothing, but assure them it will all be there for them again if and when they choose to return.

Do not support the addiction of family and friends to BKism in any way. Offer them "tough" conditional love if required ... us or the BKs. Do not compromise with the BKs. Keep the BKs out of your home. Do not accept anything from them. Not even a pleasantry. Do not give them any ground.

The BKs have spent 85 years refining their operation. They will feed your loved ones with tactics and strategies to fool you, to lull you into a false security, to lead you to believe your loved one is still there ... likely they are not.

Inside them, they see you as dead, asleep, ignorant, even evil. Do not be fooled by the well polished mask and PR spin.

BKism is not religion as you understand. You will likely be out of your depth, going in one against many if you try and fight them. They see the world in a black and white "Us and Them" scenario. If your loved one chooses BKism over you, then this is the attitude they too will have adopted.

Help them by making them choose who they want to be. But don't become an enabler for the BKWSU. Let your loved one find out how little the BKWSU cares for them in their own time.

One way or the other. There is no middle ground. If you think they are existing in a middle ground, they are just fooling you, and perhaps themselves.

That is my opinion to date, having watched closely over 12 years of individuals, families, couples and friends being split apart by the BKs.

(In answer to an emailed request for assistance)

GuptaRati 6666

Re: The Best Way to Treat Someone Infected by BKism

Post22 Jul 2018

Ex-I,

I also think there is the factor of the inner authentic voice that never gives up no matter how powerful is the indoctrination. How well the individual who becomes the BK listens to her or his inner authentic voice depends on their intuition.

Some souls are able to see it on day 1 and will usually plan an exit pathway from day 1 until they leave at year 20, 30, or 35 without much self trauma nor exploiting others or even sucked into self-aggrandizement.

For me, I became brutally honest about implementing my exit or getting onto my rescue craft when false accusations where directed to me on issues of service.

Pink Panther

Post23 Jul 2018

GuptaRati 6666,

My experience with the "inner authentic voice” is not so much that we don;t listen to it, rather we filter whats going on around us in the BKs to suit that voice.

We continually expend a lot of effort to reconcile subtle or glaring inconsistencies and contradictions, unethical activities and simply crazy weird stuff just so we can, using our outer BK persona voice, continue to tell our ”inner authentic voice’ that we’re not making a mistake by staying so long, by compromising so much. Things will turn out as ”promised”.

We tell our inner authentic voice to keep trusting, to be patient. Then one day, an inner voice of the inner voice says "stop lying to yourself, this is not working. Wake up”.

It amazes me how many long term BKs never reach the stage of ”calling BS” . They tell themselves it's they who know what BK-ism really is, (even that ”god” is wrong” or was simply acting in mysterious ways!).

They will withdraw a little from the mainstream BK activity and just keep doing what they have always done, with the same devices and ideas they've used for decades.

GuptaRati 6666

Post23 Jul 2018

Pink,

You have presented an excellent response on the inner authentic voice. Many BKs, especially Western BKs do as you have observed; they try to sweeten the truths of the inner voice as it refuses to be silenced. In my case my inner authentic voice was telling me that my life mission required me to be else where and I should not think of the BKs as the ultimate authorities on the soul, God, and the grand cycle.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post24 Jul 2018

Pink Panther wrote:We tell our inner authentic voice to keep trusting, to be patient. Then one day, an inner voice of the inner voice says "stop lying to yourself,this is not working. Wake up”.

The great danger in this is that we finally come to distrust our own intuitions, our own inner guides, and at that point we are either lost - at least for a period of time - or damaged.

We become confused by intuitions and inhibitions.

They achieve a process of separation, not just separating us from our kith and kin (family and like-minded individuals), but also internally, separating us from our own safeguards and guidance ... which, if not spiritual in nature, might at the very least be 1,000s of years worth of evolution passed down from generation to generation.

GuptaRati 6666

Post27 Jul 2018

The power of soul mateship in family and friends can sometimes be underestimate, especially when a soul is intoxicated with BKism. However, the power of soulmateship in family and friends can have the potency to assist in empowering a soul to recover from the trauma of BKism.

human being

Post13 Jan 2019

Hi,

Happy new year.

I know I am a bit late to this discussion but I will try my best to be a bit more regular from now on.

So far, as my experience goes, the mind of the person is conditioned in a certain way. The BK is more likely to assume that the non-BK is an 'Asura' and hence they expect them to behave in a certain way. What I have found is that if after leaving the BKs you don't become bitter, hostile and unsuccessful ... which I know is a difficult thing but still if you can somehow maintain a sense of happiness and general well-being around you ... it really confounds the existing BKs and they get really attracted to you because in their sub-conscious all of them know their philosophy to be flawed to a great extent ... but the fear psychosis prevents them from listening to their 'inner voice'.

They lie to themselves that they want to salvage you but in reality what they are truly seeking is their own salvation at your hands.

If there is still hope that they won't be condemned to eternally play 'traitors to GOD', and other bullsh** planted in their minds, a large portion would gladly leave the organisation ... especially the ones who have really closely seen the manipulations etc up close.

Pink Panther

Post14 Jan 2019

human being wrote:They lie to themselves that they want to salvage you but in reality what they are truly seeking is their own salvation at your hands.

Every person that becomes a ”BK" or even speaks positively about the BKs - "cooperative instrument" reinforces the BK's belief that they are on the right path.

Every critic, ex-BK or even those apathetic to the whole thing are easy targets for the ego’s derision. They're merely ”subjects" (at best), or ”bhagats" (devotees with no idea of ’truth') or ”shudras".

Those who are happy and successful in this life and not responsive to BK messaging are ”first birth souls” - lowest of the low in The Cycle of spiritual attainment (talk about inverted envy!).

There’s a "class” in which everyone can be pigeon-holed.That’s how you develop non-judgemental, equal vision for all!! (n.b - sarcasm).

ex-l

ex-BK

Post15 Jan 2019

human being wrote:What I have found is that if after leaving the BKs you don't become bitter, hostile and unsuccessful ... which I know is a difficult thing but still if you can somehow maintain a sense of happiness and general well-being around you ... it really confounds the existing BKs and they get really attracted to you

Although people come on here to voice and address specific emotions, and some have suffered serious, considerable loss, and others have even taken their own lives ... the "weak bricks" that "exploded in the oven", is what BKs say about them ... I am pretty sure it does not define the vast majority who survive whole life.

Therefore, I agree with you. It's better to be free, and happy, and show them what a full life can be.

The biggest problem we have is with people whose family member or loved one is being sucked in or trapped by the BKs and how they should deal with it. Those who don't understand it from the inside and are just confused and upset by what they see on the outside.

What would you suggest to them?

I do, however, agree that they prepare you in adance with all these well worn, pre-conceived ideas, "boxes" to stick people in. Another one is, that if the ex-BK is fortunate in life, they are merely "eating unripe fruit" ... the good karma they earned being a BK ... and that one day it will run out and they will come running back to Baba.

Life goes up and down for everyone. It is largely random and often beyond our control, eg we are subject to politics, the economy or the environment etc, not made up ideas about "karma".

Return to Commonroom