BK Speak

for ex-BKs to discuss matters related to experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.

Mr Green

ex-BK

BK Speak

Post31 Aug 2007

ex-l[size=100] wrote:I know a few oldtimers who still say Baba is making them think (" ... the thought came to the soul" ... "Baba gave the soul the vision ..." etc). It used to make me puke.[/size]

Hey, you forgot the most puke worthy ... "Baba gave me a touching!!!!" ... or you must have been touched by Baba :lol:.

Cue nasty jokes heheheh.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post31 Aug 2007

mr green wrote:Hey, you forgot the most puke worthy ... "Baba gave me a touching!!!!" ... or you must have been touched by Baba

Oh, please ... "Baba gave the soul a touching."

I spent the first 6 months in Gyan trying to work out who the hell the Sisters was talking about.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post31 Aug 2007

Another one was, "The thought comes ..."

Instead of saying, "I think" every thought is filled with the importance that it came direct from God himself. Where did this stuff come from? Who started it? It took ages to learn to speak like that. ... more checking.

abrahma kumar

friends or family of a BK

Post01 Sep 2007

Does: "The soul has left Baba" qualify as BK speak?

bkti-pit

Independent, free thinking BK

Post01 Sep 2007

I had a good laugh with that one Abek. (I just read your other post)

What about "The name of this body is ..."?
The manner in which a pukka BK introduces themself by indicating that their name is NOT the name of the soul (which has no name) BUT the name of their body only. Consder to be the soul-conscious way.

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post01 Sep 2007

:lol: :lol:

Or how about when one gets praised for service, then the standard is ..."No, Baba is doing".

andrey

PBK

Post01 Sep 2007

Very often in a group it comes particular language like identification. For example, as children we used to have some expressions only we could understand. It adds to the feeling of belonging to the group and closeness.

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post04 Sep 2007

You must be a second birth Brahmin, ...or your a very old soul. A good friend of mine once coined the phrase "I used to be an heir soul, now I am just an a***hole :lol:. Don't forget the omens of Rahu and the rings of Uranus.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post05 Sep 2007

"To bring benefit" ...

Yuk. This is what happens when a BK merely graces a non-BK (or Shudra) with their presence, either individually or collectively. BKs don't just meet other people or do lectures, they "bring benefit" to others. Closely related to "service" which means proselyte or "do PR" or promotional work for the BKWSU. As in;
    "BK Benny went home to 'serve' his lokiks, 'brought benefit' to his old school friends and 'gave Baba's introduction'".
Which means,
    "Benny went home to see his parents at the weekend to make the BKWSU look good because they were worried he had joined a cult and tried to get his friends to do the 7 Days Course".
"Be Stable in Drama ...", which means;
    "I think I am going to cry but I am not allowed to show it ... and no body else do it or else it will set me off".
Usually restricted for the death of another Senior Sister.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post05 Sep 2007

"Take the pulse" ... meaning try and guess how much 'service' or 'Knowledge' you can get away with in a conversation or meeting without freaking the non-BK out and making them think you are some religious nut.

paulkershaw

ex-BK

Post05 Sep 2007

We could always start our own ex-BK 'speak' or language similar to the T-Shirt slogans we came up with a few months back ... but with our own particular meaning ... I think Mr G should start it off ... 8).

pilatus

non-BK

Post06 Sep 2007

Dear all,

I think this is a really good idea/development. In my early days in Gyan, I tried to get to grips with Hindi and got a BK document from GCH with translations of common Gyani words/phrases from Hindi into English. Maybe we should develop an informative and/or humorous ex-BK dictionary/thesaurus?

I've had endless hours of amusement with those dictionaries which translate English idiom directly into (say) French or Dutch and then give the French or Dutch expression, which is actually used to mean the same thing, and then doing the reverse for French or Dutch idioms. My favourite is the Dutch equivalent of "it's raining cats and dogs" which translates directly into English as "it's raining drainpipes"... 8).

Love and best wishes,

paulkershaw

ex-BK

ex-BK speak

Post06 Sep 2007

pilatus wrote:I think this is a really good idea/development. In my early days in Gyan, I tried to get to grips with Hindi and got a BK document from GCH with translations of common Gyani words/phrases from Hindi into English. Maybe we should develop an informative and/or humorous ex-BK dictionary/thesaurus?

Here goes (to start off ...)

'Sit for Yoga' - The undefined art of sitting on the same spot for endless hours staring at some little light in stuffy conditions and trying desperately to hold onto your gas, but having to adjust your buttocks into a more comfortable postition and accidentally letting one out anyway. Hopefully silently.

'Amrit Vela' - a dynamic opportunity to meet other members of your clan in early morning silence and see them au natural, with morning breath et al, and then thinking constantly about those that are still sleeping. And wishing you had the courage to sleep through as well. Otherwise called 'Judgement Hour'.

'Traffic Control' - a spiritual 3 minute break when eating gassy, fatty foods that allows your body to rest in-between mouthfuls and think about what you'll have to eat at your next meal. Otherwise, an ideal opportunity to put down your shopping bags from the nearby village and unobtrusively try to remove the cow-dung from your new sandals.

'Gyan' a deeply knowledgeable spiritual person who's learnt to keep their head down and avoid conflict with their tribe members. They usually present as shy and quiet in nature but on the inside could be raging hormonal tigers with sharp claws.

zhuk

non-BK

Post09 Sep 2007

how about:

"Banish negative sanskars" - Supress all those niggling gut-instincts/intuitions which are warning you not to ignore your common sense or powers of reason/discrimination

ex-l

ex-BK

Post10 Sep 2007

"Not Royal" ... closely related to "Avyakt" (angelic). An excuse not to do something or used to describe some activity that a BK does not want to do and does not approve of, e.g. working hard or manual labor is "not royal" or "not Avyakt". Also used as a subtle put down of others. "His behavior was not royal" ... "laughing is not royal".

Many BKs believe they are going to become Golden Age royalty in their next life surrounded by servants and so they like to practise "being royal", acting like kings and queens, now in this life.
Next

Return to Commonroom