BK Speak

for ex-BKs to discuss matters related to experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post10 Sep 2007

"Take drishti" !!!!!!!! What the hell does it mean?????????? You look vaguely in the direction of someone who you're supposed to look up to, who is looking at you.

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post11 Sep 2007

"He's got a good stage!" - he is not self-inflicting 'Maya' on himself :lol:.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post13 Sep 2007

"See the soul" ... Difficult to define. Literally, a way of looking at another human being that excludes any influence on the mind of attraction, distaste, judgement, a seeing of an individuals highest potential.

Often used as in "Dadi sees the soul in front of her in its deity form ..." to suggest that the Seniors have super power ability and are able to perceive past, future or ultimate states of being. (Unproven)

"Days of our childhood"" ... from the Murli or more probably a Hindi folk or movie song. The first period of our life as a BK where we are high, infatuated with Baba, life and the Yagya looks perfect and are wearing "rose-tinted glasses". BK are reminded to remember this state in order to recall it and keep their spirits up when reality kicks in.

proy

ex-BK

Post16 Sep 2007

"It is Baba's house" ... Means I am not going to tell you who pays the mortgage or the rent, or who applies for Housing Benefit, no matter how many times you ask.

"Baba gave me a car" ... I am not going to reveal which sucker payed for it.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post16 Sep 2007

"It is Baba's bhandara" ... Means I am not going to tell you where the donations go, no matter how many times you ask nor why I put them through on my own tax return. "Its not Brahmin" to ask.

"Its not Brahmin" ... closely related to "Not Royal". Used to describe some activity that a BK does not understand, is inhibited from or not approve of, for whatever reason.

paulkershaw

ex-BK

Post17 Sep 2007

"Toli" ... a traditional sweet usually made of loads of oil, processed sugar and food colouring - normally given to one by someone senior to you and who holds it in their sneeze splattered fingers whilst staring at you for what seems 10 minutes before nodding and then placing it in your hand - the sweet being designed to keep your body fat rolls in place so that you wheeze and splutter when going up stairs and after having to lift heavy objects such as furniture, heavy suitcases and trash cans by yourself , because said senior cannot help you in case their sari gets dirty.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post17 Sep 2007

paulkershaw wrote:normally given to one by someone senior to you and who holds it in their sneeze splattered fingers whilst staring at you for what seems 10 minutes

Now Paul, I think that it very unfair of you to paint such a picture and I am shock by the bitter tone of your post. Every one know that that the top of the sari, the bit that you throw over your shoulder, is used for blowing your nose and wiping your hands with after.

In the case of a Western BK Sister in a sari, Brothers (singing "Needles and Pins") have to carry the kit because Sisters are all afraid of their saris coming apart and falling to the floor.

proy

ex-BK

Post17 Sep 2007

"Did Baba shake your Bed this morning?" ... The psychic attack we launched must have worked.

"You are sure to become an Instrument." ... You will be possessed and used by the hungry ghost of Lekhraj Kirpalani.

pilatus

non-BK

Post17 Sep 2007

"Irregular student" ... this is someone who;
    1. Likes getting up early on some days and cannot be arsed on others.
    2. Doesn't enjoy sitting still waiting hours for God knows what to happen (and actually likes to do early morning mediation while cycling, star gazing or hill walking).
    3. Is working towards Purity but likes making love (chastely), eating meat and fish (sometimes), onion and garlic (frequently) and drinking alcohol (especially red wine, occasionally). Motto - a little of what you like does you good!
    4. Gets bored or nods off when listening to the seemingly endless Murli (as a sport likes to count/guess how many pages gone/to go).
    5. is not really appreciated in the center kitchen but whose presence is tolerated where the family is more enlightened = elevated.
    6. Doesn't get the whole Shiva Baba/BapDada/BB thing (or the 5000 year cycle), deep-down has another channel to Godhead but has been told to just go with the flow and not question too deeply.
This is one I made up myself but haven't trademarked like our lords and masters in BK San Antonio, so please feel free to use/adapt ...

jann

friends or family of a BK

Post17 Sep 2007

"You are a special soul" ... your my next target to get you in for my fortune.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post17 Sep 2007

"Contact soul" ... we will never get him in but he is useful so don't tell him everything or mention the dinosaurs.

Yes, pilatus. You will probably get a birth or two at the end of the Silver Age as our cremator and then head off to the Middle East asap to hang out with Jesus. Again. For eternity.

Heavy on the sandalwood when it comes to the funeral pyre but light on the ghee as I am allergic to dairy products.

paulkershaw

ex-BK

Post17 Sep 2007

"SARI" ... a strange 10 metre white polyester cloth wrapped around a large womens girth and worn with an extremely tight sleeved blouse so as to make the wearer look thinner and more royal. This garment is generally worn so that toes to neck are covered against sun-damage or any potential climatic change. Combines well with Toli (see earlier post above) as it protects the wearers 1920 style underwear from mango stains and dripping oil.

Normally only worn by females of the species it seems that draping a white sari around one-self gives the wearer a new sense of self and often inspires the wearer to take on a bossy, superior and demanding attitude. However, some males seem to enjoy wearing said sari when it accidentally falls over them when male walks under washing-line, but then invokes a gentler more Yin type side as they prance around as if no-one can see them, replacing cloth on line carefully.

"Shudra" ... a reference made by bigger (larger than light) yogis in order to make themselves feel better about their living conditions. Often refers to someone who won't bite immediately on the wonderful knowledge and cant recognise god no-matter what because their intellect is not on the same level of deep understanding. English derivative of this word is "Shud-Runs". Shudras often drive big flashy BMW or Mercedes cars and live in large mansions. A Shudra is one who won't give up this rich lifestyle for zip ... despite being informed that it's all going to collapse any moment now so better to donate it before they experience sadness at losing it in The END ...

"Inheritance" - the amount of money, houses and people you bring in and give to the head of the organisation directly relates to the happiness you will have in the next birth, which is not long in coming now.

Important that you Do Not keep anything for yourself however, as this is not divine. You do not need stuff. Nothing. And other don't too, so rather grab someone else's stuff and post it off to Indian Head Quarters, as they need it more than anyone else.

"Inheritance" and 'Service" are eternally linked together as is the copious amounts of toli you are given in return for giving and not keeping 'stuff' for yourself.

Special Caution: Make sure though that you keep enough back to buy new white kurta's or your inheritance will be lowered by some large kindly person wearing a white sari. Apparently there's a hidden rule that old, faded whites and inheritance do not go hand in hand. Better still, get some-one else to buy it for you, so their inheritance can increase. In any case, its better to look good and fresh when the world ends later today.

pilatus

non-BK

Post17 Sep 2007

Hello again,
ex-I wrote:Yes, pilatus. You will probably get a birth or two at the end of the Silver Age as our cremator and then head off to the Middle East asap to hang out with Jesus. Again. For eternity.

Heavy on the sandalwood when it comes to the funeral pyre but light on the ghee as I am allergic to dairy products.

I'll see what I can do for you - I've certainly got a pyromaniac side to me, although cannot promise that I will or won't p* on you to put it out (will depend where I am with my mood swings).

On the other hand, I quite fancy the Parsee way and may simply leave you out for the vultures - a fitting way to get Revenge of the Untouchables ...

pilatus

non-BK

Post17 Sep 2007

"Body conscious" - used to refer (derogatively) to people who are fit and healthy, inclined to treat their bodies as temples since, after all, it's the only Chariot we know we've got ...

Never used regarding a slim, attractive, sari-clad Senior Sister (Shudra equivalent being "Cor! She's a fit bird) - use instead she's a Maharathi/Pandava.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post17 Sep 2007

paulkershaw wrote:"SARI" ... a strange 10 metre white polyester cloth wrapped around a large womens girth and worn with an extremely tight sleeved blouse so as to make the wearer look thinner and more royal.

"Sari" ... an white dress in India handed down from center-in-charge to middle management and then finally to junior Sisters in proceeding fashion until the young and most junior Sister is seen wearing grey.

it is considered a great honor to be humble enough to wear a second hand sari that has been infused with Godly vibrations and the odd bit of toli.
PreviousNext

Return to Commonroom