Brainwashing revisited

for ex-BKs to discuss matters related to experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.

john

reforming BK

Brainwashing revisited

Post09 Oct 2007

OK, count me in. I repent.

I've seen the light, brainwashing has gone on.

bkdimok

reforming BK

Post09 Oct 2007

Om Shanti. What kind of light?

maybek

BK

Post10 Oct 2007

hi John

does revisiting brainwashing mean BK knowledge makes sense again or something else?

I am interested to know because I think BK brainwashing works best when you choose what you want and let it 'wash over' ... rather similar to hypnosis in that respect.

Similar to self-hypnosis ... that is and also to trust in yourself.

(Also just to say thank you for posting a certain interview recently.)

john

reforming BK

Post10 Oct 2007

maybek wrote:does revisiting brainwashing mean BK knowledge makes sense again or something else?

Well to be honest I've always believed in the BK knowledge, but not the current BKSWU interpretation of The Knowledge. An organisation which is unwilling or unable to give answers is limited. I meant brainwashing in the sense that it leads students to abandon rational and logical thinking, which leads to a certain denial.

I do not believe divine visions and mystical/spiritual experiences are a sure sign that something is accurate, haven't all religions down the ages also had all of that?

Just because God Father Shiva may have been involved with the BKSWU doesn't mean all they say is now Godly, yet it seems the very idea that The Knowledge is from God is used (or abused) to block or deny rational thought, as in, 'God is our teacher, therefore everything we say is right', that, backed up with strong mystical/spiritual experiences and divine visions leads students to doubt their own intelligence and maybe a certain intimidation to stop them speaking out. After all who would want to offend God.

That leads to a situation where those who have the courage to speak out are labeled as against the BK knowledge or should i say the BKSWU interpretation of it.

maybek

BK

Post10 Oct 2007

True, who wants to offend ... originally Shiva incarnated to bring peace, harmony and 'prosperity' into the world, and them and us were to bring us to see the truth, not to create rifts. Who knows what they went through in early days but really this is not necessary today ...

What we are told by the 'management', i believe to be their understanding. Sometimes this is deep. Often it is superficial instructions to follow the basic rules ... but most often, good or not, it is limited by their own understanding and progress ... and hereby we can choose ...

I have to admit, I never thought God was speaking through them ... do not know if i am unusual in this. i always wanted to know what Kumarka Dadi would say as it struck me her understanding has to be deep even if she couldn't vocalise it logically.

But I did respect that some people were genuinely sharing things for 'benefit' and occasionally perhaps doing what they genuinely thought GOD wants. DJ said some things to me about 1-2 years ago that i thought was coming straight from Baba.

Do you think if you put your spiritual antennae out, to listen deeply, you can know where someone is sharing from their experience of god or of self?

john

reforming BK

Post10 Oct 2007

maybek wrote:Do you think if you put your spiritual antennae out, to listen deeply, you can know where someone is sharing from their experience of god or of self?

No, I don't but that doesn't make the experience any the less valid. To me it's more a personal thing for their own faith, rather than an indicator of what is true.

Humility, warmth of Love, compassion and dedication are good indicators, that combined with a good logical deep intellect, with a willingness to share the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth of what they know.

BKSWU cannot tell the truth completely any more because the organisation is too big and they have to front that and put on a front. It's more about making themselves sound good than the complete truth. Marketing and PR if you like. No different to any other large organisation.

Maybe their efforts to shut this site down has finally flipped the coin for me. I feel dismayed and betrayed that they don't actually want the truth to come out.

maybek

BK

Post10 Oct 2007

May be they have run too far to back out now ... not possible with things like 'face' to keep up. Or maybe, some of them may surprise us yet ...

I think this bit of drama will be interesting to watch, TRUTH versus ORGANISATION, as undoubtedly an organisation is not GOD.

I know put a lot in of hope in the organisation ... to lead us to truth. I think subtly, this is still possible ... but public face ... well, it has its advantages and disadvantages, depending on what your purpose is.

bkdimok

reforming BK

Post11 Oct 2007

john wrote: BKSWU cannot tell the truth completely any more because the organisation is too big and they have to front that and put on a front. It's more about making themselves sound good than the complete truth. Marketing and PR if you like. No different to any other large organisation.

Om Shanti.

Sarvam etad ritam manye. All you said is true. They cannot tell the truth because there is attachment to people's opinion. Motivation is to keep illusion of superiority of the organization. But now there is no need any more in new BKs as it was previously. Nevertheless they don't know that and keep acting in old manner.

The Rosary is almost full so there is no need for attachment to the quantity of BKs. It is just the matter of understanding. So simply somebody should explain them this new things. Somebody with authority. Any ideas? I vote for God. Any other candidates?

With regards, Shankar

maybek

BK

Post11 Oct 2007

I like your suggestion bkdimok.

Return to Commonroom