Where do we go from here?

for ex-BKs to discuss matters related to experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.

Mr Green

ex-BK

Re: Where do we go from here?

Post28 Feb 2008

What's all this then?

andrey

PBK

Post24 Mar 2008

It is as if the forum failed in some way with this privacy/revelation, genuinity of personality, moderators/administrator things. We are facing the tamopradhan stage. It is not a very good sign the word "donation" that has been introduced and the mention of "financially supporting" ideas, tasks. Maybe it would be good if we could have the materials in the up/download section secured to have them just in case. If someone knows how this can happen easily and in one go, without for example having to download each Murli separately, or if we could have them backed-up also to some independent space where we can have access to them. Who knows what idea can come to the administrator. I don't know who he is but I would feel more comfortable if I knew.

admin

site admin

Post25 Mar 2008

BrahmaKumaris.Info is not asking and has not asked for donations.

Our number one priority is to secure a complete collection of Murlis for full and open access. If no member, PBK or BK, is willing out of the goodness of their heart to type out and provide copies of their Murli collections, then the next best course of action is to hire a professional to do the job.

The benefits of hiring a professional typist is that,

a) the work would be done professionally,
    b) the work would be quickly done to a tight schedule that working members could not match
    c) the work would be done free from the influence of various Mayas affecting BKs.
Please read the poll topic, here, again. This is all stated clearly.

If you and the PBKs wish to volunteer your time to this project freely, then it will be gratefully accepted.

andrey

PBK

Post05 May 2008

I think the effort for this site to intitutionalize, to have on written paper a direct and clear cause will only make it boring like an artificial flower. There is no need for such ambition and I am happy things fail so far in organization. To collect Murli, to address the BK etc all these purposes should not take any official and imposing form. This place should not have any pretention to reveal anything, to prove or disprove.

I think what is important and valuable that there is some atmosphere of closeness and friendship. There was this attempt over the Murli in the past that we had to decide if anyone can come regularly to read or post, and it did not work. This should be and remain a free space where everyone is welcome to talk in a casual manner. No one should be put off. It has to be noted that already few members had left. I am not marking any special way of behaviour here, but i feel this is very normal, no. Let is be just a chat where we can joke. Let's not kill it by making it a machine. People should come and feel comfortable. They should post out of their own wish to share. They should not be put against the wall, because no one likes that. Maybe even the same answers that one desires could be obtained by asking in friendly manner.

Because the easiest way is to stop coming and who wants that. No one wants to jump in fire. This is very primitive way that we challenge the BK, or some person by saying bad things about him, so that he needs to come and protect himself or disprove. It will only work for very short time. It is not this that has to gather us together is not it. We are all people. I just liked to appeal that if some wrong speech and doing through speech occur, let's be tolerant. If someone is causing stress to others he is no doubt stressed himself. Indeed it is a pity over him we should feel. It only comes with not stabilizing in the stage of the self - the soul. This site should not bring any type of body-consciousness to anyone and become reason for scandal. Let's take it more lightly and easy and not so serious.
Previous

Return to Commonroom