The Tao of the Traveller

for ex-BKs to discuss matters related to experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.

chai bhai

BK

Re: The Tao of the Traveller

Post29 Jun 2008

Hello there ex-l.

all I was saying is that if you want to know anything then write and you will get your answer.

regards and peace, chai Bhai

ex-l

ex-BK

Post29 Jun 2008

I was asking you what you thought ... and our other readers.

I gave up expecting straight answers from the Brahma Kumari elite a long time ago.

robinramsay

BK

Post30 Jun 2008

Dear ex-l

Greetings. I visited this website today and was wonderstruck !

Some months ago you wrote to the Tao of the Traveller production office for information about a press release, production details and you also mentioned Saligram Studios. However, in the flurry of rather bizarre statements that followed soon after on your colourful site, veering from arcane fables about the life of my late Father, to a zetetic noseyness about mine, I hardly knew where to begin.

The TOTT website <www.taotraveller.com> is our current 'press release'

Perhaps you could be a bit more precise about your second request.

Thirdly 'Saligram Studios' is not the name of the production company, however 'Saligram' is. The company is registered in Vic. Australia.
Saligram has made one experimental feature film bringing to life one woman's personal odyssey. Tao of the Traveller has had a number of free public screenings internationally, in cinemas, at BK Retreat Centres and other excellent venues. People of many different faiths, and people of no faith at all, have loved it. The film recently won two awards at the Accolade Film Festival in the USA, in the Research and Experimental categories

Tao of the Traveller has also played at venues where the host organisation, a film festival for instance, has levied charges. The production company and its stakeholders have not received any funds for these or any screenings, and will not do so in the future. The production company will not receive one cent from the screening of this film or the proposed website distribution, or sale of this film, whatever form this may take.

Tao of the Traveller is a small budget feature film at $120,000. 64 minutes duration.

Saligram will not enter into further discussions regarding TOTT finances, or to defend the dodgy attacks made on the company's probity by ill informed contributors to this website. However, we are pleased to continue exchanges about the Tao of the Traveller film itself, as we have been doing with interested viewers from around the world on our website: http://www.taotraveller.com, where you are all very welcome to visit.

There are two upcoming screenings of TOTT in Australia. The screening at the attractive and appealing "alternative BK centre'' in East Sydney on Saturday 5 July at 6:30pm may best suit friends on this site. Phone: +61 2 8011 4995 http://www.meditationspace.com.au.

Kind regards to yourself, your contributors and readers

Robin

ex-l

ex-BK

Post30 Jun 2008

Hi Robin.

As I evidence above, the name came from your registration of all three domains; SaligramStudios.com, taoofthetraveller.com, taotraveller.com. As you appear to be seeking to target and discredit me, I will enclose a copy of that again. I also noted that they were registered to "65-69 Pound Lane" in London ... which is, of course, the address of the Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University (or whatever they are called this week and in this incarnation). With all politeness and humility, is "Saligram Studios" just another one of those imaginary fronts the Brahma Kumaris are known for?

Surely the business entity called 'Saligram' was only registered on 05/2/2008, after the production of TTOTT was finished, whilst 'Saligram Studios' registered the domains between 13/12/2006 and 21/9/2007. Let us seek accuracy here.

I am sure members will be disappointed that you are not willing to discuss certain financial aspects, as ms orange suggested you would. Could you clarify for us the relationship between the The Tao of the Traveller, BapDada's philosophy and the BKWSU and tell us whether or not you feel the public should be made aware of it upfront?
Registrant: Saligram Studios, 65-69 Pound Lane, London, Middlesex NW10 2HH GB

Administrative Contact: Ramsay, Robin, 65-69 Pound Lane, London, Middlesex NW10 2HH, GB

So ... over looking your impressive CV, and I mean that in all enviousness of the interesting times and background you have come through, how did such a radical revolutionary end up as a poster boy for such a right-wing, establishmentary organization as the Brahma Kumaris?

I would stick with the material on the forum, it is making waves in all the right places and I think others will be grateful for your sharing in this process. I think one of the difficulties many BKs have, when confronted with the polish alien obelix that has landed amongst them, is grasping the proportionate scale of the issues we are raising and the cumulative evidence we have unearthed. Sub-consciously they realise that if this is only a product, there must be so much more to come out there elsewhere ... and so their first instinct is to attempt to destroy it in some way to return to how they were before. As another film lover, please enjoy the Kubrick reference.

Lastly, I hear that the DVD is already being pirated amongst BKs. What is your official position on that and can we have license from you to distribute a low resolution copy from this website for the sake of academic critique? (cue: whois screenshot ... this is all information clearly in the public domain and public interest. )

Saligram_Studios.jpg
Saligram Studios at the BKWSU address
Saligram_Studios.jpg (13.32 KiB) Viewed 22260 times

robinramsay

BK

Post30 Jun 2008

Dear ex-I,

Greetings. About your last posting.

Regarding Saligram Studios, not a registered company, and the WHOIS London address. As a 70 year old not greatly conversant with IT matters, I asked someone who does to register some domain names we might need for Tao of the Traveller and to look after IT matters that I did not comprehend, and for the most part still find elusive. There was also the matter of needing a company name and address in London for buying hardware and software for editing the film in the UK, which meant making purchases with an Australian Credit Card, sometimes easy, mostly not.

As the edit was taking place in a room in GCH, 95 Pound Lane, this seemed a sensible address for him to use, also useful for goods ordered online. In the course of time Saligram Studios was registered as Saligram in Australia, and a website name settled on.

Also, if you still wish for information about your number two question, production details, please let me know.

Lastly, once you have seen the film, and I hope been amazed and deeply delighted by the experience, you might like to contact the writer Barbara Bossert, at http://www.taotraveller.com with what seem to be conceptual queries. Barbara is possibly even less conversant with IT matters than me, and uses something called 'an HB pencil' to write with, so you may find snail mail your preferred option.

Kind regards

Robin

tom

ex-BK

Post30 Jun 2008

Hi Robin,

Welcome to the Forum.

You must be a Spartan or a Braveheart to withstand the first strong welcome message from ex-l.

Now you seem to have passed the first test of fire with patience.

I wish you a beneficial stay in our Forum.

regards

Tom

robinramsay

BK

Post30 Jun 2008

Hullo Tom,

Thank you for your generosity and kind wishes. I doubt I will contribute very often, but it is certainly a site rich in Karmic settlement and Dramatic intent.

Kind regards

Robin

bkti-pit

Independent, free thinking BK

Post30 Jun 2008

robinramsay wrote:it is certainly a site rich in Karmic settlement and Dramatic intent.

Thanks for coming on board and congratulations for your courage.

I just want to add that this site is also rich in valuable historical information.

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post30 Jun 2008

robinramsay wrote:it is certainly a site rich in Karmic settlement and Dramatic intent.
bkti-pit wrote:Thanks for coming on board and congratulations for your courage. I just want to add that this site is also rich in valuable historical information.

It is also a place of deep thinking and sharing from the heart, a place of solace for some and a place of healing for others

It is also a place where blindly accepted views and statements are challenged.

None of us truly have the wisdom to know what is karmic settlement or karmic creation as interpretation is the only vehicle you can use for karmic theory.

I, too, bid you welcome.

joel

ex-BK

Post30 Jun 2008

Hi Robin,

Nice to see you here representing yourself and your work.

Joel

bansy

Post30 Jun 2008

Gosh, this thread has already 15 pages and all I wanted was to know was how to watch it free, as where I am is quite inconvenient whilst the internet is at the moment the only easy way.

Anyway, welcome to the forum robinramsay (I use the forum member name even if they have given their name).

robinramsay

BK

Post30 Jun 2008

Dear Mr Green

Greetings. Yes, my reply to Tom was perhaps rather flippant, and the positive sides of the site were expressed beautifully by you. And Joel, lovely to hear from you after our friendly association of long ago. Bansy we are dealing as best we can with the matter of how to properly distribute the DVD of TOTT. This includes matters to do with dubs and translations which all take time and large dollops of funds, and how to get translations done properly, and whether they should be on a later DVD, or this one, and how many translations to have plus a whole lot more etc etc etc ... so thanks for being patient.

Time for a chai in my part of the world.

Warmest regards,

Robin

robinramsay

BK

Post30 Jun 2008

Dear Bansy,

Good morning. I don't seem to be able to contact you privately on the site. So look. Given your heartfelt appeals (!) I am very happy to mail you a DVD of TOTT, which you can copy and pass on to your friends. But obviously please don't sell it, and make sure that the copies are really good!

I cannot make this offer to all contributors, as I have a life beyond TOTT and this site, though its a thought. You will need to specify PAL or NTSC, and send me some kind of address for mail.

kind regards

Robin

robinramsay

BK

Post01 Jul 2008

Dear bkti-pit,

Thanks for your greeting. Yes, well, actually I have a great interest in Indian History, ever since wonderful Allah-Din tales I heard as a child. And I recently read 'White Mughuls'. Such different times in India before the British Government took over from the East India Company post 'Mutiny'. I had a collection once of Avinashi Gyan-Yagya documents gathered from venerable British institutions where they were sent from Karachi sometime in the 1940's. Astonishing and intriguing, those days of Aham Bram Asmi, and Gita Gyan inventor Prajapati Brahma. Innocence and wonder.

Thanks for the information about the history section on this site. Went there some time ago ... doubtless it has grown and I look forward to a further visit.

Kind regards

Robin

arjun

PBK

Post01 Jul 2008

robinramsay wrote:I had a collection once of Avinashi Gyan-Yagya documents gathered from venerable British institutions where they were sent from Karachi sometime in the 1940's. Astonishing and intriguing, those days of Aham Bram Asmi, and Gita Gyan inventor Prajapati Brahma. Innocence and wonder.

Dear robinramsay,

Omshanti and welcome to the forum. I appreciate your boldness in coming to the forum and participating in the discussions. I have neither seen the movie nor gone through all the pages of this thread. But, I appreciate the efforts you and your friends have put into the project. I wish you all the best for the film's success and I hope you would have a great time on this forum.

It is interesting to know that you too have some documents related to the history of Yagya obtained from British institutions. I would like to request you that if you have time, you can compare the collection of documents available on this forum and compare it with your own collection and if you feel right you can share the documents that we are not aware of.

I think ex-l would be the happiest person among us if you share the treasure of historical documents with us. :D

Regards,
On Godly Service,
Arjun
PreviousNext

Return to Commonroom