Helping the World or just India ?

for ex-BKs to discuss matters related to experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.

bansy

Helping the World or just India ?

Post19 Jul 2008

Just in June 2008 edition of World renewal, on page 3 there is a program of "All-India Women's Dialogue on "Women of Bharat : the Shakti Incarnate". On page 6, the first words are "An enpowered India ..." On the same page, another training program withe the mega progect "My India - Healthy India".

So clearly the BKWSU does not always see the world at large, but only a small fraction of its land.

World Benefactors or India Benefactors ?

All the had to do was changed the above replacing "India" with "World" and then it has universal acceptance. Such is the narrowmindness of the BKWSU. And maybe many of its supporters.

Want more, how about page 3 of June 2008 ediiton of World Renewal : "All-India Children's Personality Development Camp". No other kids around the world will feel out of place. I could go on but this 3 minute skim search read is all that can be afforded.

I think most programs outside of India usually do not have the word "India" in its heading. So who are the real world benefactors, the BKWSU in India or the BKWSU outside India. Or are they the same ?

India Renewal or World Renewal magazine ? Please make up you mind on this title. Of course, there is nothing WRONG with just renewing India if it needs renewing, but please don't try to also put the rest of the world into if you cannot be bothered.

rameshsundar

BK

Re: Helping the World or just India ?

Post10 Oct 2008

Dear Bansy,

Heaven is the place where everyone wants to live, if it is a small part of this world we must accept it. At start, there will be only 9 lakhs people in world of Heaven, then how it is possible for them to spread throughout whole world? "Every human is my Brothers and Sisters, every country is my country".

Sorry for your inconvenience.
Thanks.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post10 Oct 2008

In my opinion, for the leadership, the "rest of the world" is just good for moving money back to India, or more specifically to the BKWSU in Mount Abu.

The pay off is that BK centers world wide will become islands in the Golden Age ... if you can believe that. I suppose they never thought of that until they had to think of an excuse in order to keep non-Indians hooked.

Of course, this does not make sense because "The Baba" also says that there are going to be centers in every street of every town by the End of the World ... so how many islands are there going to be? How many cities are there in the world ... its ridiculous.

The Brahma Kumaris have always been caught up with the rhetoric and prejudices of Indian Nationalism yet ridiculed Gandhi, despised Congress and all those who fought for its independence. Please explain the contradictions of why, at the time of Partition, the BKs instead sucked up to and sought recognition from British royalty ... I mean, look at all those letters to Queen Elizabeth, King George, the Viceroy of India etc ... why!?!

Its all just one big flexible con. They hold a finger up to see which way the wind is blowing and go with it. If that meant pulling out from the rest of the world tomorrow ... they would do it in the blink of an eye and tell people god told them to do it.

jann

friends or family of a BK

Post10 Oct 2008

Victims denied relief due to caste, Statesman News Service DHENKANAL, Oct. 9

Members of the Prajapita Brahma Kumaris Iswariya Viswa Vidyalaya led by district unit Sister in-charge Ms BK Bharti visited flood-hit villages recently and distributed relief materials to flood victims. They visited the villages of Khandahota, Baulanga, Nandapur, Baharbilua in Athgarh subdivision and in Jagatsingpur in two phases.

Expressing concern at the plight of the people there the members said that some of the villagers are deprived of relief materials due to caste discrimination. Speaking to media persons Ms Bharti said: “The villagers are so desperate that many of them have already sold their domestic animals."

Government authorities need to make frequent visits to the flood-hit villages since the post flood situation is not normal even after so many days.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post10 Oct 2008

Expressing concern at the plight of the people there the members said that some of the villagers are deprived of relief materials due to caste discrimination. Speaking to media persons Ms Bharti said: “The villagers are so desperate that many of them have already sold their domestic animals."

Are they actually doing anything to help the villagers or have they just become a 'sound bite' orientated political party being seen to make comment about problems they expect others to fix?

I think that in the early days of global expansion, the Western BKs unconsciously played an important role in giving the Brahma Kumaris credibility to other Indians, especially high caste or important ones. That old "the lighter the skin, the most high caste and important one is" factor rife throughout Indian societies.

In truth, I think as much as Western BKs were appreciated, there were elements of the early Western BKs that were distinctly uncomfortable for them. They, as with much of India, did not think much of the hippie style Westerners that were the first to turn up and the "saving" or making virtuous of hippie elements was portrayed as one of their successes ... "look, short hair and dresses like a civil servant now". Who really knows how we were used.

Now it is different, since the business classes have permeated the BKWSU and they are even producing their own half-baked academia. But I think there are a load of old hippies kind of uncomfortable with the change.

Serving the West? Why bother? In their minds, little of it is to become the Golden Age, few are Brahmin souls, most are "Christian souls" and doomed and the continents are going to sink. They are the Jesus and Christ souls' responsibility ... when ever one of them finally takes "The Knowledge". There are subtle "kingdom grabbing" politics going on amongst the zones-in-charge ... a few ambitious middle management and a few lucky chancers hanging on for scraps off the table.

How wrong am I?

Return to Commonroom