Music

for ex-BKs to discuss matters related to experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.

Mr Green

ex-BK

Music

Post07 Jul 2006

I am a musician and have been known to have a spinning saxophone.

When I was a BK, I offered my ability for service and was promptly told that Dadi doesn't like musicians as they inevitably all leave Gyan and there is a lot of Maya in artistry. I was then instructed to sell all my musical equipment, which I did ... always Ha Ji you know ... those guitars were rare and treasured objects ... what a waste, I sold them quick and cheap.

How I missed it later on, music and playing in bands had saved me as a young person from getting in a whole lot more trouble than I did. Ridiculous is not it, that these Seniors are prepared to give such instruction of the top of their heads as though god is working through them and that they are instruments?

edit: hey how come capital letters are inserted against my will, can you turn that feature off, I would like the right to use small case if I want to :lol: where's my rights :lol:

john

reforming BK

Post07 Jul 2006

Mr Green

Shame about that situation. I wonder if it's just Western instruments that are seen that way? I mean how would they make the music CDs they sell without instruments etc?

I had a 1974 Gold top Les Paul, fortunately I wasn't 'pukka' enough to want to ever sell it, so it's still here. I totally understand what you mean about music keeping you out of trouble.

howiemac

ex-BK

Re: Music

Post07 Jul 2006

Mr Green wrote:I am a musician.. I was then instructed to sell all my musical equipment, which I did

I am a musician too (bass guitar, piano) and I was put under pressure to stop playing with non-BKs, but was encouraged by my local centre to play at their programmes. Fortunately, I did not stop playing with non-BKs or sell any equipment. I was more of a Na Ji type.

It does seem that musicians and artists are not given much respect by the BKs, (unless they are famous and influential). They have more respect for money and business skills ... all very Golden Aged (not) :(.

p.s. - I request control over my own cases too ...

light server

ex-BK

My first post on this forum

Post15 Jul 2006

I confess I was left alone because I was invariably a borderline BK. I do enjoy the guitar, but many of the Murli songs used were Bollywood songs. Once anew it's that the best angels were the best demons, so I can view both sides, but we are all mortal, even angels. My belief as well as the BK God's opinion is that reality is personal, and how we declare and understand this is through artistry. I have also played the sitar, and it is just as spiritual as an electric guitar, we have to unquestionably keep life fresh, because we are old, and star weary souls.

sparkal

BK supporter

Post25 Apr 2007

Where there are non-artists in control of artists, there will be conflict. I would not tell a rocket scientist how to build a rocket.

From the viewpoint of Dadi's etc, well, they just don't know. They may not care what is causing this or that. If it is causing issues, then they are likely to see it as a problem and cut it out like a surgeon. The problem here is, surgeons tend to cut out the bad and festering parts. Surgery should be the very last port of call, unless it is being used to surgically remove incompetent, blind control freaks who are causing issues :) .

Another approach is, put your gear in a cupboard and focus on the spiritual "thing" which has come into your life. When you come out of the washing machine cycle at the other end, your gear will be there waiting for you. If you are someone who tells musicians to sell their instruments, you are being an *******! and need to withdraw and have a look @ yourself. I have been through periods, months where I lost interest in music and then it came back when my feet came back to earth.

I wont begin to go into my personal experiences with the BKs musically, probably because there have been so few experiences. Not very good at maths and academic things, I could have created lots of things music and graphic. They rejected me as someone who had nothing to offer. There may be background reasons for that, but there is not enough openness and trust to tell you why you are being gubbed/hit in this or that way. Selling all your albums is something else, though, some will now regret that also.

With regards to the music business universal and BK, it helps if you have a NOSE for the business perhaps :roll:

sparkal

BK supporter

plagerising

Post15 Nov 2007

When I create a new song it is played back like an echo through the wall from my musician neighbour in the flat through the wall. He may want to do some playing otherwise he could be more discreet while taking. None the less, it is depressing. I think that just about does it for me. No, not that.

I wonder if Bliss experience this? So lets look into the future - Before Bliss release a CD, the same CD, songs, title and cover will be released a month before. Every morning, a class will appear on this forum, the one which Dadi will give the next day. And during the Murli season, every Murli will be posted here word for word 3 days before it is spoken.

I have only ever known people to take/steal my music and gain from it themselves. I have been writing songs for many many years and some of the recent ones, which people want a part of, may well do something. The question is, will it be for me, or for the predators and the vultures who circle where predators lurk?

Anyway, to save some from certain thoughts, I will oblige by saying- 'It is your Karma' ... 'you are too attached to it' ... 'you should have did what I said' ... 'you are not competitive enough' etc. You mean, I don't have the lauded genes in my body.(?)

The game is not over till the fat lady/guy sings (Better eat some more).

bro neo

ex-BK

Post15 Nov 2007

The BK musicians are nothing compared to us.

We ROCK! 8)

Soon, maybe we can organize live concert events. 8)

trinity

friends or family of a BK

Post19 Nov 2007

We desperately need a drummer!!!! AGAIN!!!

sparkal

BK supporter

doors open and close, and, what have Bliss done for others?

Post23 Nov 2007

Did my first gig as bass player the other night in a club with a band I had not played with before, and no rehearsal. Hmm. cannot play drums though. My Warick bass has a good sound, and have yet to change the strings. It was nice to get going with a live drummer for once. In a round about way, it could end up being a means to get some of these songs out there where they belong.

Doors will begin to open for those who have been shut out for whatever reasons, including shut out by themselves, for whatever reasons. Things can happen fast. If doors begin to close for those who's hearts are not in the correct place, well, who cares.

Meanwhile, to change the subject, I wonder if anyone in the know could give an honest feedback as to how much BLISS have helped their fellow Brahmin musicians along the way. I don't mean doing free gigs for BKWSU and spiritual events etc. which are effectively self promotional by nature, not to mention CD sales.

It is just the sort of thing you do as musician and world server, without thinking even, you help your own if you can, without allowing them to hold you back or pull you down at the same time.

I expect a glowing report, so don't think I am trying to "stir it up" for Bliss, I kind of assume really, that they will have been helping their fellow musicians/family along where they can, as world servers and compassionate spiritual beings. I have little respect for the word "professional", I doubt God has either.

sparkal

BK supporter

real music

Post24 Nov 2007

Hopefully there can be some REAL music concerts at some point, I like the sound of that. We want real people singing real songs about real experiences about the real world and less of this candy floss rubbish.

It would be easy to think that the "family" has only produced plastic New Age drivel, not all un listenable I should add. The truth is, some of the best songs may not have seen the light of day, yet. That will not last forever.

It suggests that there has been a degree of oppression, in order to present a perfect image to the world no doubt, which is not exactly perfect behaviour is it? It is candy floss behaviour.

bansy

Post24 Nov 2007

There's music posts here and there, maybe some sort of tidying up needs to be done.

Anyway, today was an excursion from 'ol Bob Marley, starting withCrowded House - Don't Dream It's Over.

I think this song can almost go anywhere in the forum.
Crowded House wrote:There is freedom within, there is freedom without
Try to catch the deluge in a paper cup
There's a battle ahead, many battles are lost
But you'll never see the end of the road
While you're travelling with me

Hey now, hey now
Don't dream it's over
Hey now, hey now
When the world comes in
They come, they come
To build a wall between us
We know they won't win

Now I am towing my car, there's a hole in the roof
My possessions are causing me suspicion but there's no proof
In the paper today tales of war and of waste
But you turn right over to the T.V. page

Hey now, hey now
Don't dream it's over
Hey now, hey now
When the world comes in
They come, they come
We know they won't win

Now I am walking again to the beat of a drum
And I am counting the steps to the door of your heart
Only shadows ahead barely clearing the roof
Get to know the feeling of liberation and release

Hey now, hey now
Don't dream it's over
Hey now, hey now
When the world comes in
They come, they come
We know they won't win

Don't let them win

(Hey now, hey now)
(Hey now, hey now)

bansy

Post24 Nov 2007

And here's a blast from the past,Sweet - Love is Like Oxygen
Sweet wrote:Love is like oxygen
You get too much
you get too high
Not enough and
you're gonna die
Love gets you high
Love is like oxygen...

Time on my side
I got it all
I've heard that pride
Always comes before a fall
There's a rumour goin'
round the town
That you don't want me around
I cannot shake off
my city blues
Every way I turn I lose
Love is like oxygen...

Love is like oxygen...

Time is no healer
If you're not there
Lonely fever
Sad words in the air
Some things are
better left unsaid
I am gonna spend my
days in bed
I'll walk the
streets at night
To be hidden by
the city lights
City lights
Love is like oxygen...

bansy

Post24 Nov 2007

Or would you prefer the popular morning meditation "Antarman Me Jyoti Jaga Lo", that is played each morning at Pandav Bhavan, just before the Murli is spoken ? That's quite a rocky number too, deep male voice, backing lady singers, drums and all :P.

Tried googling for the lyrics but came up with this page instead: Brahma Kumaris - Meditational Music.

Select the song, and play the music online ! Sit back, float and imagine you're sitting in the hall in Pandav Bhavan, shawl and all.

proy

ex-BK

Re: Music

Post24 Nov 2007

mr green wrote:edit: hey how come capital letters are inserted against my will, can you turn that feature off, I would like the right to use small case if I want to :lol: where's my rights :lol:

Escaping the Word Censor

Look Here Mr G and you will see the way out of the word censor. I daren't actually change it :shock:.
|
Image|
You can never have too many guitars ...

arjun

PBK

Post24 Nov 2007

Sister Bansy wrote:Or would you prefer the popular morning meditation "Antarman Me Jyoti Jaga Lo", that is played each morning at Pandav Bhavan, just before the Murli is spoken ? That's quite a rocky number too, deep male voice, backing lady singers, drums and all. Tried googling for the lyrics but came up with this page instead : Brahma Kumaris - Meditational Music. Select the song, and play the music online ! Sit back, float and imagine you're sitting in the hall in Pandav Bhavan, shawl and all.

Om Shanti and thanks for providing that link. It is interesting to know that a private or non-BK site contains BK songs. But have these songs been uploaded on any of the BK sites for the BKs to select and play in any part of the world?

I wonder if the above site has obtained any written permission from the BKWSO to upload these songs to avoid copyright issues??? If the BKWSO has actually permitted the above site to upload its songs, then it is indeed a positive development. But if it is true, then why does BKWSU not do this on its own site???

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun
Next

Return to Commonroom