Power of thought?

for ex-BKs to discuss matters related to experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.

mbbhat

BK

Re: Power of thought?

Post17 Sep 2008

Power of thought does not depend on physical things like papers (documents) and limited matters like beginning of Yagya. It depends to what extent one is uninfluenced and happy in his life. I will discuss those things when I get more about them. I am more interested in mango fruit than just mango tree history.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post17 Sep 2008

Without knowing the history of The Tree, and the practises of the gardeners, one has no idea what one is eating.

mbbhat

BK

Post17 Sep 2008

A child drinks milk without knowing what it is. It gets knowledge of milk after drinking. So, perhaps, it is wrong! Anyhow, by arguing with you I may go off topic. So, have a nice day.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post17 Sep 2008

We are not infants and we are not talking about food.

Let us revise the question asked, "The Power of thought". How can we measure the power of thoughts, and is not all this talk of "power" not just a clever appeal to weak and insecure people?

mbbhat

BK

Post17 Sep 2008

Man is the biggest infant who plays in mud(thinks of, body, vices and materials) till death!.
The right method is to check to what extent one is able to conquer vices.

paulkershaw

ex-BK

Post17 Sep 2008

Is anyone powerful enough to figure out what I am thinking right now? ... :|

joel

ex-BK

Post17 Sep 2008

paulkershaw wrote:Is anyone powerful enough to figure out what I am thinking right now? ... :|

Many believe that cats have this ability. It may also be noted that cats seem to use their knowledge only for their own, worldly ends.

bansy

Post17 Sep 2008

Is anyone powerful enough to figure out what I am thinking right now?

How about, "What cool beer would be nice right now ...?"

Well, cannot say I did't try. :D

mbbhat

BK

Post18 Sep 2008

ex-l wrote: How can we measure the power of thoughts and is not all this talk of "power" not just an clever appeal to weak and insecure people?

Now I remember Murli points. Baba has said, a yogi's stage is checked by these:-

1) karm-bhog = disease or some accident, say.
    2) loss in business (or money)
    3) Even if one does not get food for 3 to 4 days, his sthiti (stage) should not be affected.
I believe these are the necessities of a real yogi.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post18 Sep 2008

mbbhat wrote:Even if one does not get food for 3 to 4 days, his sthiti (stage) should not be affected. I believe these are the necessities of a real yogi.

Do individual Brahma Kumaris or the BKWSU ever test that to see? 4 days would be good.

My guess most would go crazy, screaming for "toli now", but few's stage would actual benefited from fasting. The bodies of many, or most, BKs are too toxic and too hung up with addictive foods like sugar or coffee to take such a detox easily. I saw the positive change in BKs from fasting with my own eyes. I suggest that at least 60% of what BKs think is Maya and vice is actually food or diet related.

Back on topic now ... taken from "What is Raja Yoga?"
mr green wrote:BKs tend to say they had a powerful thought after something has gone their way

Ignoring and dismissing all the times they had the same "power" of thought and it did not go their way ... not know why.

This is the problem, a typical human failing. Like those that believe indiscriminatingly in the truth of Astrology but can only do so by ignore all the times it goes wrong.

Really, in typical BKWSU-style, a "powerful thought" is another neologism (meaning, a word or concept devised recently but accepted into their own specific language). It does not mean a-powerful-thought ... it means "well done ... cross fingers ... that time we were successful ... if you do this, it will likely be successful" etc.

john morgan

ex-BK

Post18 Sep 2008

In a BK context "powerful thoughts" naturally arise in a being who has good energy to spare and passes that energy on to others. Persons who attended the satsangs of Milarepa, a yogi of Tibet, sometimes had ecstatic experience. On occassion this sort of thing can be experienced in a BK environment. It is one thing to have a "taster" and quite another to create "powerful blesssings" for others.

The purpose of knowledge is the refining of thought in a loving atmosphere. If one is learning to do this, the company of those more able can be most helpful. Thought shapes the world. Certain inventors have created physical boons for everyone to share. Each person creates his own thoughts, attitudes and actions, BK training makes this process deliberate and conscious and the boons are virtues. Just one virtue and you are a very, very wealthy being, in a spiritual sense of course.

That the BK who are so hard on some should be involved in such stuff is one of life's paradoxes.

mbbhat

BK

Post21 Sep 2008

ex-l wrote:Do individual Brahma Kumaris or the BKWSU ever test that to see? 4 days would be good.

During the beggary part, many have done this. And I have already mentioned this about Brahma Baba. In the end also some will definitely pass. But the number will not be more than 108. I had fasted for 36 hours just with water, lemon and honey. But I did not try for more because Baba does not teach hathayoga.

Two months before, there was riot in our native place(communal violence) and I was far from my parents. I had sent a message to my mother that "Amma mare to bhee halvaa khaana= Even if mother dies, eat sweet". My purpose was to make my mother to forget me and remember Baba.

During this period of my stay away from my parents, my Father fell down and is now needs support to walk. This happened a month before. Today, my Father is 70 plus. But I have the aim of forgetting even my parents. I have directly said even to my Father (who is non-Bk) that, "we all have to remember Baba, Baba. My aim is to forget even you or myself".
Wait and see. BKs will get up (of course, numberwise).
My guess most would go crazy, screaming for "toli now", but few's stage would actual benefited from fasting. The bodies of many, or most, BKs are too toxic and too hung up with addictive foods like sugar or coffee to take such a detox easily. I saw the positive change in BKs from fasting with my own eyes. I suggest that at least 60% of what BKs think is Maya and vice is actually food or diet related

I also feel this is right. What I think is, Baba does not force anybody else. He just gives knowledge. It is up to individual to digest The Knowledge to his capacity. Even from view of purity of mind, sometimes I feel instead of eating tolis of one or two weeks before or (left out of) Brahma Bhojan of yesterday's , it is better to eat fresh food prepared even from an agyani (occassionally, but not regularly. Anything regular creates karmic account which is out of this topic).
Previous

Return to Commonroom