Relax7.com and Mike George - more BKWSU co-prosperity

for ex-BKs to discuss matters related to experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.

enlightened

ex-BK

Relax7.com and Mike George - more BKWSU co-prosperity

Post03 Nov 2008

What is Mike George selling here? Is it his own business, as it says he is the founder, or is it another BK website that is disguised?

http://www.relax7.com/welcome.htm
http://www.relax7.com/links.htm
http://www.relax7.com/diary/index.php
http://www.relax7.com/5.htm

Best wishes
Enlightened

jann

friends or family of a BK

Re: Relax7.com and Mike George - more BKWSU co-prosperity

Post04 Nov 2008

One of my friends asked Mike George and sent me the email.
Dear xxxxx

Thanks for you note

I sell only books and CDs authored by me and produced by three publishers

BK Publications
    O Books
    DBP/Chronicle
Best wishes

Mike

ex-l

ex-BK

Post05 Nov 2008

Yes, Duncan Baird Publishers publish and sell Mike's books as do O Books. One of the O Books book specifically says, "A series of ten lessons provide specific insights into Raja Yoga, with practical exercises to complement and to help your understanding of the method and underlying teachings" and is based on the BKWSU's foundation course.

So he only sells "his" own books? I suppose it "all depends on the consciousness" with which you say that. 'O Books' call him a "widely travelled leader and facilitator in the Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University".

So what happens ... can BKs make money selling BK publications now? Are they into wholesale?

primal.logic

ex-BK

Post06 Nov 2008

For a more detailed exposé on how George operates go to: Relax7 & Mike George at BKWSU Watch.com

ex-l

ex-BK

Post08 Nov 2008

A video promoting Mike George uploaded by the Glasgow BKWSU center that also features and promotes his Relax7 etc.

If this is what he 'sells', then it fair to say that it is nothing special and nothing in anyway unique from you would get for nothing at a BKWSU. In essence, it is a bog standard BK service event talk that you would get for free from the BKs because that is all it is. Its a copy. The sales picth for the initiating into meditation and the connection with the spirit entity that the Brahma Kumaris believe is god.

How and when did the BKWSU leadership decided to allow some followers to turn what they have learned into a private business?

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post09 Nov 2008

I don't think an OK was ever given, ex-l. I think these people just gradually built up to it and no-one stopped them, no lightning came from the sky, so they just carried on with it.

I knew Mike quite well. He really just does things his own way. You see, when people have been there long enough, they lose their fear of the leadership and just do what the hell they want. Dadi seems to approve of this and thinks they are strong souls who get things done, but it is what they get done that is questionable.

jann

Post10 Nov 2008

Did he get married?

ex-l

ex-BK

Post10 Nov 2008

Only to the god of the Brahma Kumaris.

arjun

PBK

Post10 Nov 2008

mr.green wrote:I don't think an OK was ever given, ex-l. I think these people just gradually built up to it and no-one stopped them, no lightning came from the sky, so they just carried on with it.

A good analysis. But they forget that there is Dharmaraj :shock: along with the Father ;) .

alladin

no label

heroes

Post11 Nov 2008

mr green wrote:I don't think an OK was ever given, ex-l. I think these people just gradually built up to it and no-one stopped them, no lightning came from the sky, so they just carried on with it. I knew Mike quite well. He really just does things his own way. You see, when people have been there long enough, they lose their fear of the leadership and just do what the hell they want. Dadi seems to approve of this and thinks they are strong souls who get things done, but it is what they get done that is questionable.

Well said, Mr. Green (bolds are mine), you speak with the authority of a well informed ex insider. This is exactly how things work in the "Yagya"!

Especially in overpopulated and poor countries, elbowing is the way to live and survive and it is perfectly acceptable in the BK org.

From what I learnt on this Forum, some of the worshiped Dadis elbowed their way up The Ladder of the hierarchy. The same applies to the senior Brothers, trustees and leaders. Like in the lokik world, it is often a matter of the strongest taking over with force, a "coup". So, no surprise if those who dare infringing principles such as humility, yielding to others, giving away spiritual knowledge always and only for free etc ... get away with it and even gain Dadi's approval, "blessings" - or call it a deal! ;) - and with such green light become celebrities within the BK family!

jann

Dadi Gulzar outlines her key to true leadership

Post18 May 2010

Dadi Gulzar outlines her key to true leadership

ABU DHABI // As one of India’s renowned spiritual teachers, Dadi Gulzar is much in demand. At 82, she still travels the world, passing on her wisdom. In Abu Dhabi, where Ms Gulzar was speaking for the first time, 200 people attended her lecture at the Abu Dhabi Men’s College on Sunday. Entitled Leading From the Heart, it addressed spirituality in the workplace. On Friday, about 1,000 people at the Excelsior Creek Hotel in Dubai heard Ms Gulzar speak on experiencing inner joy.

In the capital, Ms Gulzar, from the Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University, which has schools in 120 countries, said people needed to realise their own value and the true qualities of a leader, whatever their profession – whether they were sports coaches, office managers, teachers or mothers.

“To lead from within means understanding the self first,” said Ms Gulzar, who has given seminars in the UAE since 1982. “You must prepare yourself as an individual to be able to lead others. Only when you understand the self can you to give direction to others,” she said. Ghaniya al Yafei, an Emirati team leader at the Abu Dhabi Company for Onshore Oil Operations, attended the lecture. As a manager herself, she said leadership should be compassionate. “Women make good leaders,” said Ms al Yafei. “They are naturally compassionate and can utilise what they already possess.”

Dr Mark Drummond, the provost of the Higher Colleges of Technology, called Ms Gulzar a “superstar in her own right”. Alis Woodard, a housewife from Costa Rica, said the lecture was insightful to people from all walks of life. “We all have to make choices and for that, you have a clear mind, only then can we be the leaders of our lives,” said Mrs Woodard. Joyce Karkalik, a mother of three, said lessons in leadership such as those given by Ms Gulzar, had changed her outlook.

Since beginning meditation a year ago, she was less stressed. “If I’m calm, everyone else will be,” said Ms Karkalik. Dadi Gulzar, whose real name is Hirdaya Mohini, was joined by the British author Mike George, who has written several books on stress management.

mswan@thenational.ae

Return to Commonroom