MarnetaViegas.com/RelaxKids.com - more BKWSU co-prosperity

for ex-BKs to discuss matters related to experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.

enlightened

ex-BK

MarnetaViegas.com/RelaxKids.com - more BKWSU co-prosperity

Post03 Nov 2008

Article: Cinderella marries her prince

I thought you might find this interesting.

Best wishes
Enlightened

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: marnetaviegas.com/relaxkids.com - more BKWSU co-prosperity

Post04 Nov 2008

WTF ... what was it all about ... what is going on in the BKWSU!?! Having built up their empire on the backs of others' free labor and donations, are they just enjoying it and handing it out to their chosen few!?! How many BKs were at this wedding? Do the newly wed get to live and fornicate at the Global Retreat Centre? And here we have a BK going to Amrit Vela on her wedding day ...

All over her blog, there are covert mentions of the Brahma Kumaris ... she lives on a cottage in the Oxford Global Retreat Center, the Brahma Kumaris service events, the Brahma Kumaris retreat, "Yoga", the Bliss connection and so on ... whatever happened to the things the Brahma Kumaris told us ... "sword of lust", "ocean of poison" and virgins being sent to the slaughter by the priests, temples being places of degradation etc?

I suppose the leadership allows it because it is good for their business and gives a veneer of normality to it ... but how will it look to the charity commission? Are they meant to take donations to build up to something like the Global Retreat so that their chosen followers can run businesses from the premises? How do other followers feel about that?

Is it open season and we can all go out hunting a tasty BK follower for a love affair now? Note, the degree of separation, not "we meditate" but "they meditate". (These images are not hosted here but just linked to).
ex-BK Marneta Viegas wrote:Cinderella marries her prince

I woke up about 3 am. I couldnt sleep. I live next to a retreat centre and they meditate every morning at 4 am. I popped over for meditation as I thought it would be the perfect way to start such a special day. Listening to the birds singing and sitting in the peace and quiet for an hour was bliss. I went for a walk and started blowing up balloons and decorating the outside of the house ... Some neighbours with their children came out to take pictures. I had told them what time I was leaving and all the children from the village came to see 'the princess'.

My heart skipped a beat when I realised they had come to collect ME. In that carriage, I felt like a princess. It was so lovely to see little girls waving and smiling at the horses and what they believed was a princess.
My friend Luce from Bliss sang a song she had written - called 'This Love Will Last Forever'.
    Is that "forever" or "until Destruction"? I thought it love was for Baba ... 39 years old ... the old biological clock ticking away furiously.

Mr Green

ex-BK

Re: MarnetaViegas.com/RelaxKids.com - more BKWSU co-prosperity

Post04 Nov 2008

Poor old Marnetta, she is a funny girl.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post04 Nov 2008

But more to the point, why is a charity supporting her business ... never mind a religion based on purity and chastity in order to go to an Age of Truth supporting someone dreaming of fairy tale marriages in Kali Yugi castles?

All I can presume is that her folks must have given a lot of money to the Kripalani Klan, hence the preferential treatment.

Its not personal, I wish all the happiness and reality she can experience. Its the ethics of it all again.

tinydot

ex-BK

Post08 Nov 2008

I heard a Sister, a BK-in-charge in New Mexico (USA), got married around 7 years ago and that she also found her prince through the internet, online dating site.

Lots of these BK Sisters in their late 30's or early 40's are yearning to get married. I don't blame them since they have been so much deprived of man's love, affection and sexual union.

enlightened

ex-BK

ex-l

ex-BK

Post09 Mar 2009

tinydot wrote:Lots of these BK Sisters in their late 30's or early 40's are yearning to get married. I don't blame them since they have been so much deprived of man's love, affection and sexual union.

Its true, I even saw one on Indian dating site from some woman in her 30s advertising herself as "belongs to Brahma Kumaris" ... which kind of says it all.

Following the RelaxKids link, it leads to an Australia site. That's pretty sick really ... "Relax Kids CDs Books & Cards from Authorised Australian Distributor RKA074" but, again, says it all.

Its even got the recommendation from the Brahma Kumari follower (or former BK, I don't know now) Dr Julia Ronder, Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist on the front page (and unlabeled as such). A little bit unethical for a consultant child psychiatrist if you ask me.

So, what is this? A BK making business out of the Relax Kids thing or a non-BK roped into it for the money ... complete with BKs/ex-BKs Bliss singing "Om Shanti". Oh, it looks like business as usual ... there is another website for Fiona O'Dowd which is pretty much a full on BK thing. May be Terry knows her as she seems local to him ... a half-kumari making some pocket money out of what in the old days would have been "seva" (service) perhaps?

So what are the bets that Marneta gets laid, has a kid (or two), dumps her husband and then head back into the BKWSU once she has had enough ... or perhaps drag him in with her ... with the nice profit maker on the side having been supported by the BKWSU all along?

Terry

ex-BK

Post09 Mar 2009

As far as I know, Relax Kids is a franchise. You pay up, get trained a little, buy and sell the (moderately expensive) merchandise. It is open to anyone, not only BKs. But it is also jealously guarded - there was a dispute between Marneta and the local (Sydney) BK media people - she would not let them be distributors (I think they wanted to get a discount and sell cheaper). I believe it was resolved, not sure what the current situation is. (This is all hearsay, so don't quote me!). I never understood the relationship between MV and the BKs until I read on this forum that she is a child of some BKs. Thank you forum.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post09 Mar 2009

terry wrote:I never understood the relationship between MV and the BKs until I read on this forum that she is a child of some BKs.

Thank you. Yes, practising she was a Brahma Kumari herself, living at the country mansion in a fairy tale cottage, the child of a BK, she helped put the annual pantomimes service for the BKWSU ... and, even more weirdly, did Amrit Vela on her wedding day and so on. She even gets to use the BKWSU properties to promote her business.

We have always been questioning this divison between business and service. In the old days, this would have been service. Some BKs are allowed to take service and make it their business. I question the ethics a play.

desi_exbk

ex-BK

Post09 Mar 2009

ex-l wrote:even more weirdly, did Amrit Vela on her wedding day and so on.

Hilarious! I am sure she claimed to be in bhatti during her honeymoon. ;)

joel

ex-BK

Post09 Mar 2009

What's next, Brahma Kumari Tattoos? (You heard it here first!)

ex-l

ex-BK

Post09 Mar 2009

I suppose the Brahma-kumaris could start offering wedding ceremonies (for a small fee naturally), complete with blessings from Dadi as we heard Marneta got, and a 'honeymoon retreat packages' up at Mount Abu.

desi_exbk

ex-BK

Post10 Mar 2009

ex-l wrote:Brahma-Kumaris could start offering wedding ceremonies (for a small fee naturally), complete with blessings from Dadi

Would love to see that change in BKWSU :D. Unlike family wreckers that they ARE right now, they would be offering some REAL service to not only individuals, but communities and the entire humanity!!

paulkershaw

ex-BK

Post10 Mar 2009

And here we have a BK going to Amrit Vela on her wedding day ...

... Perhaps she was really just like totally praying for guidance and help for her wedded life? :-? after all ... happiness only lasts 2500 years.
What's next, Brahma Kumari Tattoos?

I just L O V E tatoos! Just wondering how painful it would be to remove the "I Love Baba" emblazoned across my chest? :oops: Can you just imagine?

ex-l

ex-BK

Post14 May 2011

Interesting ... Relax Kids continues its evolution AWAY from the Brahma Kumaris, "BKism" becoming "RKism" and targeting the 10% of children who suffer mental health problems and the 4% who suffer anxiety problems (!!!) and "health or education professional already working for the public sector".

Marneta also opens her own "Inner Space" style shop in the very upmarket town of Woodstock in the Cotswolds stockbroker belt and offers 'licenses' to officially recognised RKs for £200 per year ... the 2 day course is £750 + VAT. She even dips into the Buddhist pot offering ... "Mindfulness in Schools Site Licence" at £79.99. Wait until the BKs hear about those nice little earner.

However, she does a good thing requiring all licensed teachers to have 'public liability insurance'. It would be good if every Brahma Kumari teacher had to have the same.

There is now no apparent mention of the Brahma Kumari roots of her work and except for BK Mike George, no one else seems to get a mention ... except Lucinda Drayton and Bliss on the RelaxDJ, Mood Player spin off shopping sites.
Attachments
relax-kids.jpg
relax-kids.jpg (15.27 KiB) Viewed 16576 times

Return to Commonroom