Words Baba spoke are in Italics

for ex-BKs to discuss matters related to experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.

bansy

Words Baba spoke are in Italics

Post05 Nov 2008

Well, having nothing specific to do for the past few hours other than beong swamped by US election stuff, I browsed through a few recent Murlis and the following words in italics came up in Murlis. I may miss a few since I was skimming :

03/11/2008
safety
service
knowledge
World Almightly Authority
foundation
tree
beauty
biography
chart
impossible
practical
follow
advertised
railway
repeat
heaven
souls
part
prince
adopted
offices
attention
birthday
marriage day
Father's day
engagement day
Mother's day

04/11/2008
direct connection
birthplace
wrong
directions
directly
class
time
heavenly new man
clearly
peace
saviours
exchange
fail
decorate
correction
engineer
assistant engineer
exhition
school
controlling
ruling power
paper
second

05/11/2208
drama
operated
real
artidical
Father
follow
slogan
students
first-class
challenge
brotherhood
God

06/11/2008
philanthropists
salesmen
familiarity
refined
insured
lift
females
chance
officers
improvement
prize
asylum
toolate
race
advance
100%

OK, I don't know how many of you out there are non English native speakers out there but I find it absolutely astonishing that God will find to use such use of English words in Murlis, is it because there is no such word as "God" in Hindi, or "Father " in Hindi ? Is there no such word as "tree" in Hindi ? How about "birthday" ? Is someone having us on with all this ? When I look at a diety symbol in a temple in India, say of Ganesh or Vishnu or any other avatar, do I expect it to speak English and use words such as "assistant engineer" ?

Is the current Chariot for the PBK (ShivBaba via Virendra Dev Dixit) using as many refined English words as those above ? The above is only a sample, go and make your own list of any one week's Murlis. You'll be astounded.

Whether you are more astounded as an Indian living in India in the 60s or in 2000s, will leave it up to you !

bansy

Re: Words Baba spoke are in Italics

Post05 Nov 2008

What I am getting at in this thread is that if you pick up a Diamond Sutra or a Granth or even a Bhagavad Gita and it had little words of English dotted here and there, it would make you wonder ...

There are so many other Indian languages ... and English is chosen ...?

Not just blind faith, but deaf faith :shock:.

mbbhat

BK

Post07 Nov 2008

bansy wrote:... 1) I find it absolutely astonishing that God will find to use such use of English words in Murlis, is it because there is no such word as "God" in Hindi, or "Father " in Hindi ? Is there no such word as "tree" in Hindi ? How about "birthday" ? Is someone having us on with all this ? When I look at a diety symbol in a temple in India, say of Ganesh or Vishnu or any other avatar, do I expect it to speak English and use words such as "assistant engineer" ?

2) Is the current Chariot for the PBK (ShivBaba via Veerendra Dev Dixit) using as many refined English words as those above ?

1) English, Sindhi, Sanskrit words, examples from scriptures make Murli wonderful. It is NEVER BORING. Murli IS WAVES GENERATED BY AN OCEAN. At the same time it is a puzzle. Also dry intellect people cannot estimate it.

This is the way how God gives his knowledge in disguise. Because no person will believe that God speaks in such a way. So far I do not think any human being has spoken in such a way. This is another indication that the words of Murli are not of Lekhraj Kirpalani. It is of somebody who is special!

2) Good Question.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post07 Nov 2008

Its not God. The BKs have no right to call their spirit guide, who or whatever it is, "God". Its just in the nature of spirit guide to pick up words from their host.

Only the blinkers of lower caste and uneducated Indian nationalism could pretend the limited interests of their spirit guide ... and its patience with such stupid, dishonest and arrogant individuals ... was the God of all religions. As someone said a while ago on this forum, the "god of the BKs" speaks lower middle class Hindi and dropping English words into conversation is like English people dropping French words into theirs. It is to make them look fancy and important ... educated.

By "stupid, dishonest and arrogant individuals" I am not addressing you mbbhat, I am addressing your leaders ... who for 20 years thought Lekhraj Kirpalani was God, who failed to predicted Destruction so many times, that re-wrote their history and philosophy and then covered it up and HID it from their followers, thinking that no one would find them out. And who now allow others to worship them as angels and the future emperors of the Golden Age.

I am afraid your attitudes have been formed without knowing all this. Its bad enough being Hindu and believing "God" tricks and fools people as a "tests", which is the foundation upon which all this is based. In the West, we gave up that way of thinking at least 200 years ago during the Enlightenment.

I am sorry. Only pride is stopping you to admit this now. I remember "God" quoting Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse from some movie he had watched ... is that really the best he can do?

paulkershaw

ex-BK

Post07 Nov 2008

Or the rare use of English is indiscriminately thrown in to keep the foreigners happy ... and do not forget that India was a British colony after all ...

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post07 Nov 2008

It's become a joke, the truth has been revealed, the Yagya was a lie.

Time will tell how much courage they have to accomodate the truth.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post08 Nov 2008

paulkershaw wrote:Or the rare use of English is indiscriminately thrown in to keep the foreigners happy ...

I do not know about BapDada but I suspect it is equally true, but I would think there is a truth in saying the use of English words by the Hindi Seniors has an entertainment factor, e.g. "Ooooh, Dadi said an English word ... how sweet!".

Its kind of all part of the infantilisation mother-baby thing that goes on inside the organization.

arjun

PBK

Post08 Nov 2008

Sister bansy wrote:Is the current Chariot for the PBK (ShivBaba via Veerendra Dev Dixit) using as many refined English words as those above ? The above is only a sample, go and make your own list of any one week's Murlis. You'll be astounded.

Yes, ShivBaba (through Veerendra Dev Dixit) also uses English words, in fact, he speaks some English phrases and sentences too. While discussing advanced knowledge with PBKs from foreign countries (in video CDs) he has also spoken some small sentences in English.

As written by Andrey in the other forum, English being an international language, besides being a medium of instruction and official correspondence in India (due to the effect of the colonial past) usage of English words in Murlis, Avyakt Vanis and clarification Murlis should not come as a surprise. But the usage of English words by ShivBaba in the Murlis is limited to The Knowledge of English of the corporeal Chariot, be it Dada Lekhraj or Baba Virendra Dev Dixit.

Return to Commonroom