BK publications

for ex-BKs to discuss matters related to experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.

enlightened

ex-BK

BK publications

Post08 Feb 2009

Hi, on browsing the website below, there seem to quite a few inconsistencies in the authors of books

http://bkpublications.com/productlistin ... cialtype=4

Some books have no authors against them, some have Brahma Kumaris, some Sister jayanti, some Dadi Janki, Some Mike George etc.

Has anyone found out who the proceeds actually go to when these books are sold. Is there a reason why all the books haven't got Brahma Kumaris as the author?

My only guess is that the ones with Brahma Kumaris as the author go to the BK pot but why the need to put authors names against the others. Do the authors get a percentage and and the BK pot another?

I wonder why they have taken out Miriam Subirana's name as the author to a couple of the books. I believe one of the cook books compiled by Naina Dattani used to have their name as the authors, however, it is now showing Brahma Kumaris.

I have a question, in order to publish a book, do you need any specific qualifications or can any Tom, Dick or Harry write a book and get it published?

Regards
Enlightened :-?

... Well, I've just found some answers as to what you need to publish a book by just Googling.

Here's one website: SO YOU WANNA PUBLISH A BOOK?

Return to Commonroom