How do the BKWSU leadership justify their jetset lifestyle?

for ex-BKs to discuss matters related to experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post01 Aug 2009

I mean ... all that flying around ... international "retreats" ... shipping center-in-charges from one continent to another ... coming in and out on holiday visas ... who decides and how? How senior do you have to be before you can write yourself checks to spend on airtravel?

Are the "stakeholders" ever consulted, i.e. the followers that give over their hard earned money to the leadership believing that they are improving their karma and gaining a high status in the future Golden Age?

How is the "Jetset Brahma Kumaris" productivity judged, e.g. VIPs suckered via the game of snakes and ladders played?
Baba says "all this technology is for you to use ... so why do they not just use Skype like the rest of us? Does God really give permission for them to screw up the environment with all their pollution too? Not that it matters ... they all know that this impure world is going to be destroyed anyway ... so, presumably, they are happy to help.

If the destination is the Soul World ... why do the few have to go there via luxury retreats in Italy ... Sardinia ... Turkey ... Dubai ... and so on whilst the rest have to either work for nothing, or 'dream on' as they will never be rich enough to fly there?

Is spirituality within the BKWSU measured by how many airmiles your private sponsors can afford? And who gets those airmiles anyway?

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: How do the BKWSU leadership justify their jetset lifestyle?

Post02 Aug 2009

Obviously, I appreciate that that the BKs do not do the whole cult guru trip with Rolls Royces and so on but ... no tax to pay ... no worries about where the next meal is to come from ... personal servants ... and so on. For Indians with no real qualifications, its a pretty high lifestyle to aspire to.

These are questions for which there are answers, not idle criticism or prejudice. I am asking ... how do they think ... how do they act in practical situations. THERE is the real religion, not in the public projection or faith elements; as in, the 'way of their lives'.

jann

friends or family of a BK

Post02 Aug 2009

And what about other (low) Brothers and Sisters traveling around to do service? Who is paying for that, and who is telling them to do so? How can some BK suddenly decide to do service on anger management or anything anywhere?

tom

ex-BK

Post02 Aug 2009

jannisder wrote:And what about other (low) Brothers and Sisters traveling around to do service? Who is paying for that, and who is telling them to do so?

This is according to the closeness and obedience of the BKs, a gift from the center-in-charge like a piece of sugar given to a horse.

The center-in-charge offers the opportunity to attend some educational BK program to a BK whom she/he wants to support, to have some change of the routine with traveling, to have some fun in another center of the world and to get a tool to become a more "serviceable" BK teacher and lecturer. If the BK wants it, and has the money for the travel costs, he or she uses the opportunity. The center-in-charge makes the correspondence with the other center-in-charge and fixes the necessary arrangements. But as far as I know, the travel costs are always payed by the BKs themselves.

In some centers, the center-in-charge advertises the global activities program on the office board for pukka BKs, so that the BKs are informed and can apply to the center-in-charge for any of the programs.

The center-in-charge offers some of the programs to the promising non-BK contact persons or families of the pukka BKs. The arrangements are made by the center-in-charge, the travel costs are payed by the travelers themselves.

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post02 Aug 2009

I can say that mostly Western Brothers have to pay their own fares, even when travelling on service; whereas most Sisters will get it paid for them (I am talking surrendered members here).

alladin

no label

taboo topic

Post02 Aug 2009

Hi, dear all.

This is a very interesting, and sensitive, matter and I intend to make a proper post later in reply to some of the questions posed here. This would be a good, safe place for BKs to share their objections about the way things are run in the organization, precisely because the topic is taboo. BTW, wonder why BKs are trained not to ask questions, nor criticize? This is one of the first and foremost programming instilled in members' minds. If it was not implemented, there would be permanent unrest. People are not stupid and they have moral principles that need to be put to sleep!!

However, it inevitably remains a huge source of "Maya" (doubts and discontentment) and is constantly discussed, not openly but through "rumours". Disappointment comes from the fact that one of the main features BKWSO advertises about itself, is the free of cost of its activities, operating on donations and most of all SIMPLE LIFE. ;)

I am sure that for all BKs, there's a moment when this illusion is broken because lies have "short legs" and cannot get far. The same feeling kids get when realize or are told that Santa Claus does not exist.

So, although apparently, the way things function is just through a humble Baba's box hidden discreetly in the corner of a meditation center. Reality is different and there is so much murkiness :sad: to turn off most sincere spiritual seekers.

The question asked in the title of this topic, we all know here, is just ironical, because politicians, corporations, Mafia, BKWSO and similar gangs, do not need to "justify" themselves; they, at the most, try to stay out of trouble!

See you all soon.

Cheers.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post03 Aug 2009

I was thinking of the senior Sisters ... and how "senior" do you have to be until you can write checks to pay for international airfare?

How are these things decided internally ... "who gets to go to which event ... which event ... which center?" ... and so on.

Return to Commonroom