Infidelity and the Brahma Kumari god spirit

for ex-BKs to discuss matters related to experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.

ex-l

ex-BK

Infidelity and the Brahma Kumari god spirit

Post05 Sep 2009

Part One:

Why is the god of the Brahma Kumaris, and his chief female consorts, so unfaithful?

It's strange for me how even the "ignorant and impure" (by BKWSU values), barbarian and polytheistic Ancient Romans had a word for fidelity ... based on faith ... but that 2,000 years plus and all the talk about virtues and values later, the Brahma Kumaris and their god, cannot manage it. Hinduism is rife with tales of the tricky, promiscuous, erotic, unfaithful god.
Fidelity, n. [from Latin fidelitas, fidēs, faith]

• Faithfulness to obligations, duties, or observances.
    • Exact correspondence with fact or with a given quality, condition, or event; accuracy.
Infidelity

A violation of the mutually agreed-upon rules or boundaries in an intimate relationship which constitutes a significant breach of faith or a betrayal of core shared values with which the integrity of the relationship is defined. Infidelity is about distrust, betrayal, lying and disloyalty.

God does not make human beings in his image, human beings make god in our own image. We make our gods to excuse, and perhaps explain, our own behavior.

The Brahma Kumaris, for the first few decades of their existance and even still, modeled their godman and god spirit on the Hindu god Krishna. They even claim that their millionaire founder and medium Lekhraj Kirpalani was and will become again the true Krishna; and that they, the Brahma Kumaris, are his true gopi lovers.

Bear in mind also that for the first 20 or so years, there was no God Shiva in the BKWSU. No other god except for Lekhraj Kirpalani until sometime after 1950. Lekhraj Kirpalani, and the BKs, consider his chief female devotee, the teenager Radhi Pokardas Rajwani, to be the real Radha of mythology's sake and renamed her "Om Radhe".
Krishna and Radha played out their secret passion. Krishna, however is unfaithful to Radha as he indulges in his romances with several other Gopis, while Radha's thoughts rest solely on Krishna. Radha is jealous as she imagines the "vines of his great throbbing arms circle a thousand gopis". More importantly, she experiences, the turmoil in emotions of a proud, passionate woman who feels deserted by her lover. She yearns for Krishna and this draws Krishna's thoughts to Radha's.

The power of her longing was so great and the focus of all her reflexes on Krishna was so concentrated that her soul merged with Kirshna's soul to have achieved unity with him. Radha, when separated from Krishna, became Krishna - reaching a state of blissful absorption in him. As her spiritual reach for Krishna crossed all limits, the separation of the desired and the desirer vanished and so also did the pain of separation, the yearning and the longing. Physical separation could no longer dictate mental or spiritual separation from the lord.

Krishna's heart, which had always reached out to many Gopis, pleasuring all and loving all, felt a unique tug towards this unique woman - Radha. Radha became the focus of Krishna's heart's desires. Radha made Krishna repent for his straying ways and when Krishna could finally take no more, she relented. At such times, their passionate lovemaking was marked by an aggressive sexual position taken by Radha. She took the man's position of being on top, and even after they had made love, she commanded him to plait her hair and attend to her toiletries.

alladin

no label

Re: Infidelity and the Brahma Kumari god spirit

Post07 Sep 2009

This is hilarious stuff, ex-l, thanks for finding it and posting it!
The power of her longing was so great and the focus of all her reflexes on Krishna was so concentrated that her soul merged with Kirshna's soul to have achieved unity with him.

BKs also learn how to "invoke" souls to come to the BK centre, new students and also the naughty ones who skip class or are flirting with Maya, "on vacation" ...
Radha, when separated from Krishna, became Krishna - reaching a state of blissful absorption in him. As her spiritual reach for Krishna crossed all limits, the separation of the desired and the desirer vanished and so also did the pain of separation, the yearning and the longing. Physical separation could no longer dictate mental or spiritual separation from the lord.

And, in fact, in order to be in bliss ... merged in God's love ... under his canopy of protection, taking light and might from him, receiving Avyakt sustenance etc ... we don't need to use the costly toll road of the BKWSO!
Krishna's heart, which had always reached out to many Gopis, pleasuring all and loving all,

Sounds great. Better one that pleasures you and many more, than one just for yourself who's useless!!!
felt a unique tug towards this unique woman - Radha. Radha became the focus of Krishna's heart's desires. Radha made Krishna repent for his straying ways and when Krishna could finally take no more, she relented. At such times, their passionate lovemaking was marked by an aggressive sexual position taken by Radha. She took the man's position of being on top, and even after they had made love, she commanded him to plait her hair and attend to her toiletries.

Considering that the scriptures have most probably been written by males, the very fact of the woman "being on top" is described as an aggressive posture :sad:.

So, bossiness is an old personality trait and turning men into slaves and eunuchs ... I think BK Brothers have plenty of experience in this. But here we are talking about sado-masochistic practises ...

ex-l

ex-BK

Post09 Sep 2009

alladin wrote:... and also the naughty ones who skip class or are flirting with Maya, "on vacation"

The topic of Brahma Kumari adherents being "on vacation" is something that we ought to discuss elsewhere (when a BK stops following the principles and attending class but is expect to return at some point) ...

However, I wanted to make some very serious points about the nature of infidelity from the point of view of the person carrying it out.
I attempted to put up a sign post to the nature of Hindu gods. Krishna, from the baby thief "stealing the butter", to the amorous and promiscuous lover, was the archetype that the Brahma Kumaris later chose for their godman. I accept that the sexual aspects of the Krishna myth are to be understood metaphorically or on the psychic level but their effects are not to be underestimated.

We create our gods in our own likenesses and we become what we think and focus our minds on what they say. The power of archetypes in the minds of human being.

With a Krishna-like God archetype, the Brahma Kumaris have created a conscience which allows all sorts of what ordinary human beings would call infidelity ... a lack of trust ... abuse of others. This is most readily seen amongst their long term leaders.

The infidelities are generally not sexual, although in some cases they most certainly are, but usually social ,and of course, financial. Carried out in the business of the BKWSU.
I went back to the start of service in the West and was thinking of the purchase of Tennyson Road center in London in 1976.

If we sweep away BK supporter Liz Hodgkinson's ridiculous "terrible austerity" version of events, what happened? A freehold property was purchased, or accepted as a donation (I don't know which by the follower would have paid for it), the very same year as their god had predicted the End of the World. Freehold means to own for more than a 1,000 years ...

The world was going to end imminently, their followers were full of expectation and making extra efforts to become perfect ... and the leaders used their money to by a freehold property. Why ... and how!?! It is even against what advice the god spirit and medium gives in their messages the BKs consider are "from God".

Behind this must have been Dadi Janki Kriplani, head of the BKWSU in the West then and now global chief. Such a decision could not have been made without her. As a relative of Lekhraj Kirpalani and an early follower, she knew about the failure of the predictions of the End of the World in WWII and around 1950. She knew (but hid to this day) there was no God Shiva in their teachings until after 1950. She knows how much of the written history newcomers build their faith on is bogus. How much else does she know or hide from her "investors"?

To me, this type of activity is a huge infidelity ... an abuse of the trust and innocence of her followers ... a fraud, in essence ... a holy theft of which a Krishna-type god followers would find perfectly acceptable.
Fraud

Intentional deception resulting in injury to another person ... deliberate trickery intended to gain an advantage ... in the broadest sense, a fraud is an intentional deception made for personal gain or to damage another individual ... an act of deception carried out for the purpose of unfair, undeserved and/or unlawful gain, either valuable financially or comprising a legal ...

Now, to go back to infidelity. Any one hurt by another human being's sexual and emotional infidelity will witness how deep it can hurt and destroy one's trust. Some people never recover. Some die from it. The world is made poorer by it. It has a very real cost to society ... but how is it for the one who carries it out?

In my experience of both males and females who are capable of carrying out sexual and emotional infidelity ... and financial frauds ... is that it seems as if the more they do it, the "better", the more practised, they get at it and the harder the defensive shell around them becomes. They become like hardened criminals, unfeeling for others ... slightly psychopathic.

I wonder also if inside them they split and divide their personality? Part of them knows the truth and yet they hide or/and instead invest their energy in projecting a false self to the outside world. Carried out for decades, as the Brahma Kumaris have done, what effect does this have on the individual? At the very least, they become split personalities like undercover double agents.

I do not have any hope for them. Life throws up difficult circumstances, but I have no faith in a god or karma that comes to catch them ... I have seen no evidence to date in the Brahma Kumaris of serious reform. To the opposite, I have only seen more denial and more contrivance.

For me, it is a cult of infidelity ... a cult of breaking the trust sincere individuals invest in it ... based on an ancient culture of trickery and infidelity which breaks the bonds of trust and eroding society's values. That new BKs are told to think they are involved in, or formally incorporated as, "World Renewal Trust" is the ultimate bad joke for me.

And what of those Brahma Kumaris and Kumars that carry out sexual infidelities whilst promoting a religion whose milieu control depends on them having power over other's lives right down to their sexual infidelity?

I am fairly sure a special room in hell has been prepared for them already. Behind the holy white facade, they know who they are.

alladin

no label

Post09 Sep 2009

The metaphorical orgy of Krishna dancing (the only male ... the alpha wolf ... I wonder why!) with a thousand gopis ...

Is it because men are supposed to be more rational, less obedient (at least in India) and emotional, and it is safer to get women more deeply involved in the sect and relegate the majority of male followers to insignificant roles? This means if you are humble and keep quiet whilst others have the whole pie, fine, otherwise you can quit the scene.

In any case, the BKWSO philosophy is always " take it or leave it!". No question, criticism or discussion. Suggestions can be implemented only if they bring cash into their bank accounts. If you can handle it stay, or else go -literally - to hell!

Other recurrent images of Krishna they utilize are: the easy going one floating on a pipal leaf down the river and the spoiled brat being fed with a golden spoon. I throw the ball to you, if you care to analyze these symbols!

ex-l

ex-BK

Post09 Sep 2009

alladin wrote:The metaphorical orgy of Krishna dancing ... the only male ... with a thousand gopis ... Other recurrent images of Krishna they utilize are: the easy going one floating on a pipal leaf down the river and the spoiled brat being fed with a golden spoon.

Well, I would like to leave it open for other individuals to analyze them but I suggest that it is these strong mental images, these psychological archetypes in the minds of the Hindu and Sindi followers, are that which create the space allowing the Brahma Kumaris, Lekhraj Kirpalani and whatever spirits are involved with the BKWSU to act in the way they do.

Krishna was rich. Krishna was a thief. Krishna was a trickster. Krishna got angry and killed demons. Krishna fought wars. Krishna was promiscuous (metaphorically speaking ... I mean "spiritually promiscuous" but feasibly this might also mean the taking or exchange of energy on a psychic level).

What is the image of Krishna being "mounted" by Radha in the dominant position symbolic of? Is it not all male sexual fantasy. I know a little bit is female sexual fantasy too ... but, symbolically, what does it portray?

All of these stories would have been full in the minds of the early adherents as they mostly lacked most other education, entertainment and much of the distractions we take for granted. Even 'educating' distractions like other philosophies. They would have allowed Lekhraj Kirpalani to have his "harem" and it seemed fairly acceptable in a way that it would not be today.

And underneath this, is also the nature of the merchant caste Lekhraj Kirpalani and they all came from ... one that I suggest was not that divine. Lekhraj Kirpalani is portrayed by the BKWSU as a saint but a review of "Is This Justice?", autobiographies and the other older material, portrays him as being much more wiley, far more materialistically ambitious, e.g. marrying his 15 year old daughter off to a 50 year old and his other daughter to the caste chief, but not so educated. What sort of man can retire at around 52 or so? It is a great shame we do not know the real and whole truth of him.

"Give me a child until they are 7 and I will give you the adult" goes the saying. An influential individual such as Dadi Janki may well have been influenced by Lekhraj Kirpalani when he was alive but once he weakened, he died and she left the immediate influence ... her family sanskars (personality traits) would have come to the fore ... Business? What kind of business? What do we know? What effect has practised deception, and the exploitation of practised deception have upon the soul of an individual?

The question, however, that I would end with is ... is the Krishna of myth symbolic of Lekhraj Kirpalani or the spirit entity or entities that work through him?

Return to Commonroom