Global Brahma Kumaris

for ex-BKs to discuss matters related to experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.

alladin

no label

Higher Heights

Post24 Sep 2009

I agree with Tom, it was fun to read the letter! When did you write it? At Amrit Vela time or after some long bhatti ...?

Anyway, since these visions are directly inspired by things officially written in the Murlis, it makes sense that, due to the high psychedelic content, the first Westerners to come in Gyan were hippies ...

Then the BKWSO took their LSD, mushrooms and peyote from them and replaced it with Gyan. And as we all know, initially it works, we all got a "high" and were propelled into "flying stage". What a shame that there's down to everything! And when landed again, some transformation had occurred in the lazy bums, we found ourselves motivated to engage in service.

Jah Bless and have a nice day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOT322nAt2A

pari

Global BK

Re: Global Brahma Kumaris

Post25 Oct 2009

And how are the hippies keeping themselves high after leaving the Brahma Kumaris? Exercising is supposed to keep people feeling high. Did you know that? I have friends who exercise to extreme limits because it makes them feel good. I keep telling them that the body will not be able to take it and that it will collapse one day if they keep doing that but they say that they feel good when they exercise to extremes. Researchers say exercise is a better medicine for depression than the medication. The rhythmic running, or brisk walking pattern, is all supposed to be very soothing. It is supposed to be similar to cradling the baby.

Anyway, it was nice to note that I did not get banged for the things I had written in the letters. I have a tendency to just do things sometimes. Life is more carefree and interesting that way, instead of living such a strict, calculated and disciplined life-style. I like living an organised lifestyle but I like to keep my freedom to do whatever I want. The BK system was too strict and disciplinary for me. That was my problem there. But because people tend to like me, because of my friendlier ways, I get away with all the nonsense that I do.

By the way, I have inserted the following term in the Global BK Forum (What do you think of it?):
Term No.25: GBKs shall not get involved with the administration of the Brahma Kumaris. Neither are we involved with getting the Brahma Kumaris administration to answer for any wrong doings. The ex-BK web-sites are more involved with that and we should just leave it to them.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post25 Oct 2009

Do you have a direct link to it? I'd love to see the rest. It reads like a fair idea ... have you given up on reform as a waste of time and think it is better just to walk away from it all?

How to keep feeling good? My advice is ...

On a more serious note, perhaps the aim should not be to feel good or "high" ... but just to allow yourself to "feel" more, and be moved by it. If the significance of the video is lost on anyone, see a recent post relating to the Brahma Kumari Bureaucracy [BKBs] and narcissism of conformity.

How much of that "high" in either the BKs or non-BKs is just chemical (Dopamines etcs) induced by either trance hypnosis or exercise, as you say?

One thing for sure, getting yourself back into some kind of good shape is a great tonic after giving it all up whilst in the BKWSU. Have you any idea how much of what BKs call "Maya" is just bad diet, bad lifestyle, poor health.

pari

Global BK

Post26 Oct 2009

I saw your video clip and all that you had said through your links. I can understand what you are saying and there is truth in what you say. Life is meant for enjoying and if we completely take that element away from our lifes, the tendency is that we will begin to break and look for ways through which we can enjoy the pleasures that life can offer us. So BK Admin start seeking status, obedience from members (which is so pleasing), etc.

It is better to enjoy life while we make effort, through mixing with guys or through keeping ourselves beautiful, or through eating good tasty food etc - this is my view. But if you prefer to cut off the effort making life completely, that is also OK. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. It is just a matter of preferences and each person is entitled to their own views and preferences.

One should not condemn another based on the fact that they are not accepting or following ones' views. It is more pleasant when we adjust and accommodate. If one finds an entertaining guy and wants to be entertained by that. There is nothing wrong with that too. I would say that this is better than hurting people because members are not hero-worshipping you or because they are not following orders etc.

Dancing is a very entertaining way of exercising though strangely not many people here in Malaysia seem to like dancing. Exercising keeps you healthy. Researchers say that those who exercise are less prone to health problems etc. And dancing is an entertaining way of keeping healthy. But you may have other ideas which might please you more.

The term stemed from the Topic, "Padma Bhai, former centerwasi of Bangsar center" which can be found, here.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post26 Oct 2009

OK, I will answer my own question, the list of advisory conditions is here, Home> Administration Section> Rules to be followed by Users of this Forum.

If possible, I would suggest putting together a final, 'finished' version and deleting all the discussion in that topic. It is difficult to follow.

I apologize, the video was just a bit of light, provocative fun - with a deeper meaning for those that could catch it. "BKs who had blackened their faces", was something Lekhraj Kirpalani used to talk about in the Sakar Murlis often. I rather thought all the 'fake angelic blondes in white' were rather like the Brahma Kumari elite, thinking they were so great and being pampered upon and served by their 'darker' lower caste BK and sevadharis.

It was a metaphor for what I saw but a jolly song all the same. Your response was very mature.

People are making some very interesting and logical comments in the Global BK forum. I think it is great that BKs can go live their own lives, without subjecting themselves to experience which are obviously not 'of God', and maintain their self-respect.

With permission, I would like to quote some of the Letchu Bhai topic.

tom

ex-BK

Post26 Oct 2009

ex-l wrote:Home> Administration Section> Rules to be followed by Users of this Forum.

Pari, I tried to read it through, impossible ... Chaotic.

All mixed up just like in the Murlis, Brahma, Vishnu, Jesus, Copper Age, animals will also go to Heaven, vegetarian will go to Heaven, but Global BKs are free to eat meat, goes on and on ...

With all my respect, these rules give me the impression that Global BK is not a product of a free mind, but a sort of new religion, based on the so called "BK Knowledge" clearing away the Maryadas, giving the followers the freedom to live their daily life as they wish.

With your photo in front of the Shiva poster and the preaching style of the rules, no offense - but I have to ask it seems as if you are going to become the new Mama of this split BK religion after Dada Lekhraj.

Where is anything new to help humanity Pari?

pari

Global BK

Post27 Oct 2009

Hey! I am no Mama for anyone but my son. But I like making friends and I prefer friendships. Friendships are more entertaining. I was just thinking that the picture points to God who is in the center of the picture. I was wondering if I should put a plain picture of myself, so that people will know who I am. But then, you know, BKs have this attitude that only a privileged few can have their pictures with God on top of them and I wanted to break that tradition.

When I showed this picture with me and God to a BK friend, who had also left the center, she was so excited that I could create such pictures and she wanted her picture placed on the Soul World picture with God on top of her. She was so excited about learning to do it while I was teaching her to do it. Then, while doing it, she suddenly had this thought that BKs might get angry if they knew that she had done that and that they might say something unkind to her, when she meets them again at the center. She used to go to the center once in awhile like how I used to. So she decided to not continue with the picture.

Why should people have such fear? It's wrong. Why cannot ordinary people like me consider ourselves as being guided by God? I think that's what the picture portrays. I think I am guided by God. If I am not, that's OK too but I would still prefer to think that I am being guided by God. There are lots of people in the world who think that they are being guided by God.

The terms just started happening when a PBK started saying things there. So it was not a planned thing. Thus, it may look chaotic because we wanted him to know that we are not going to change our minds about what we are saying in respect of all our ideas. I feel that we should be able to live like normal people while we make effort. Maybe, it does look like a new religion on the basis that we are trying to combine effort making to normal everyday living.

I was surprised when a BK told me that she ate meat and that she could still have very good experiences during meditation. I noticed that those who left, and who were still impressed by the BK knowledge, tried to cover up though they ate meat. Why should we live a life 'covering up' in this way? We might as well, understand our situation and continue with it in an open way, with understanding, instead of living like hypocrites.

Hey ex-l, you can quote anything from the Global BK forum as you like, if you can use it to make BKs outside feel at ease that there is no need to follow the strict Maryadas while making effort, all the better for those of us who have accepted the BK teachings but are living outside without going to the center.

tom

ex-BK

Post27 Oct 2009

Hi Pari,

I wish that you benefit from this forum, and from the researches and churning of previous members.

It is sad for me, if you only use this forum to share your own fixed ideas and not take anything in return, not open your heart and soul for new discoveries, for example not read the previous posts from History thread and ex-BK thread, not examine the historical documents in the Library and churn on them, to re-calculate your position you are standing at now.

The main difference between your point of view and most of us active ex-BKs from this forum - better I should say - my own point of view is that I am absolutely sure now, the "god" of BKWSU has nothing to do with Divine, or with Divinity. After decades long active pukka BK life in inner circle, having been loved and respected by the administration and by the teachers, without any resentment or broken heart, I left the BKs, recognizing how limited this so called "knowledge" is, how limited and narrow minded and tale-teller the "respected" administration is.

But how much sin these "archangels" have accumulated, how huge the fraud and deception permitted in the BK world is, I learned these from the testimonies of former BKs in these ex-BK forums..

What is wrong with the Maryadas? ... IMHO nothing is wrong with exercises and principles to follow in daily life on a spiritual path, spiritual students voluntarily practice with the goal to purify their soul and body to reach enlightenment, or to become what they call "karmateet" in BK life. Maryadas are in reality optional, nobody can control all of them practically, unless you believe in Akashic records and are afraid to cheat God.

As long as I believed the Murlis coming from the God of all humanity, following Maryadas was not difficult for me. I have witnessed in long years many Seniors eating or doing many things breaching Maryadas, which never bothered me. Purification is a personal matter. You cannot control the purification of others. I have also seen and have experienced that following these principles in daily life were good for my health and body (as long as I could have a a healthy sleep, of course) also for some others.

But I have not seen any single Senior who, after 70 years long practicing those Maryadas and tapasya, has reached enlightenment or has become "karmateet".

After deep research in these forums, and churning about my own experiences, my eyes opened about what is going on in the BK world. I have cut all my relations with the BKs because I am now, with all my heart, mind and soul, certain that what I have been honoring and praying years long as Baba, BapDada or Shiva as God, is nothing else but poor earthbound entities without any divine knowledge - with gigantic ego and hunger for human energy, who have possessed first Om Mandli girls, Dada Lekhraj and the administration including the medium and are also possessing us and using our energy for their survival through channeling during our meditation sessions when we get into trance looking at the poster behind you.

I am still practicing in my daily routine some of those principles (except meditation) because my body is used to them in decades. Disregarding the source and practicing some daily routine is like exercise for the body.

I am certain that the "BK knowledge" has nothing to do with Divinity because it differentiates between pure and impure human beings, between Brahmins and Shudras, brings nothing for healing to the suffering of humanity, because "BK knowledge" says "they have to suffer, it is their karma". Claiming that the one and only liberation is through final Destruction, what with the identical cycle, this "knowledge" denies evolution of all souls. The only hope left for humanity is cleansing of the world through nuclear bombs and survival of 900,000 pukka Brahmins. These entities allow, in private sessions, the administration all misdoings which would mean in the real world election of a new administration and calling to account the previous one in the court.

So what, dear Pari, if some BK followers who are still believing Shiva to be God of all humanity do not follow Maryadas? Most of the BKs including many Seniors do it when they are out of sight. I doubt you can make a movement or religion out of it.

pari

Global BK

Post30 Oct 2009

It's not different but there is a slight difference because we would prefer to live a worldly lifestyle, and enjoy life, while making effort to whatever extent each one of us wants to.

The BKs are not supposed to break the Maryadas. They do not encourage a worldly lifestyle but we do. We are encouraging it.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post30 Oct 2009

It is funny but most of our criticisms here are because we think the BK are too worldly already!

Best tidy up your 'rules' section, and delete the old ones, so they are easy to read. I think Tom's criticism was about the use of the word "Global" being a typically expansive, megalomaniac BK word ... perhaps "Worldly BKs" would be more apt ... Down to Earth BKs ... Not BKs?

I think Tom's other comment is worth thinking about a bit more deeply ... yes, there is some some spiritual energy ... some spiritual being involved in the BKWSU ... but the evidence suggests it is not actually "God". That is not to dismiss its accomplishments ... but just to see and measure them as they are. Even if it is just the soul of Lekhraj Kirpalani ... even if we have no guarantee it is even that.

pari

Global BK

Post03 Nov 2009

Hai Tom,

I have been reading the other posting in this forum and also those which you suggested. All I can say is that whatever is happening here is good. Personally, I do not want any clashes with anyone. I prefer to live as happily as I possibly can. 'Banging' people only gives me misery and so I prefer not to do things like that, if I can help it.

As to the differences in the pictures etc. For me, it is an irrelevant matter because I am not dependent on the pictures of the Brahma Kumaris nor the history of the Brahma Kumaris, etc. Maybe I was dependent on them when I was in the Brahma Kumaris. But now, I am not. Now, all I am concerned about is the inculcation of good values. We do not need to rely on pictures for that. But it was interesting to read all that was written in this forum.

You were talking about "the researches and churning of previous members". Do ex-BKs come here, get over their attachment and anger against the Brahma Kumaris and then leave?

I was actually, participating in a earlier ex-BK forum somewhere between 2003 to 2006. I cannot remember exactly when but it was called ex-BK Chat then, I think. I got to know that there were more than one person as Admin for that forum, that 1 or 2 left, and there was only one remaining I think until another guy joined him. Someone had also highlighted that previous members were not participating anymore, and were questioning on where they were.

tom

ex-BK

Post03 Nov 2009

Pari,

I find your style provocative. If you could be able to focus and understand what you read in this forum, you would understand that all ex-members here are only sharing their experiences from their BK years and their thoughts about what harmed them from BK lifestyle and BK teachings and how they found their power again in lokik life to stand on their own feet. The only aim of the Admin of this forum and us most posters is to share our feelings and experiences to help ourselves and to help other human beings not to get caught into the web of such cults and to help other BKs who have left the BK organization or are thinking to leave and have no support from anywhere ... Nobody is "banging" here anybody.

I have not seen any anger here except from myself as I reacted when I read the testimony of an ex-BK, whose forum name was "enlightened", who was sexually abused in her childhood as a child of a BK in Madhuban and in Ahmedabad, and the administration did not deliver the perpetrator to the police only send him away to another place. As a lawyer, what sort of punishment would you ask in the court for such pedophiles? And what is the legal responsibility of the administration in a "Godly University" covering up the biggest crime on earth? Take some time and read at least the Child Abuse & BKWSU thread.

If you would read and understand the previous posts, you would see, I don't argue with others who have time and energy to discuss because they like to discuss or who have a hidden agenda. I tell my point of view once or twice and then I prefer not to answer to them any more when I see there is no point, my time is valuable for me.

What I meant with advising you to "read the posts of previous members" is that you would benefit reading the posts who were here before you came and have written their testimonies. "Members" means registered members of this forum. "We" means the registered members of this forum are not an organized group. I am since over two years reading and writing in this forum, I don't have any private correspondence with my e-mail with any member except few PMs in this forum, and don't know any single member's or Admin's name, their real gender and where they live.

You should have understood that this forum is not an organized group, open to everybody, therefore nobody is responsible for anybody. Everybody is free to go and come as they like, whenever they like to post, or to stop posting without asking anybody for permission - as long as we act accordingly to the rules of Code of Ethics which we have signed by becoming members of this forum.

Besides I have never read the ex-BK chat forum and I have no time to read other ex-BK forums.

I am concerned about your not understanding of what you read, and not answering to the questions to the point. As I was a teacher in a school, watching similar behaviors of the students, we were asking the parents to consult an expert if the child had ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) or not. Or maybe you are here only to get some members for your new split religion and don't give a damn what human beings are sharing here in an open forum. At any case I have said enough. I am not going to continue any correspondence with you.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post03 Nov 2009

How is your career as a lawyer, pari? Did it suffer from your involvement with the BKWSU?

Let us just remember that many people come here from different nations, and try and communicate in a second language. It is very difficult to do so without the visual and aural signals human's depend on for communication. In fact, it is a miracle that we manage to do so, as well as we do.

There are some very good posts in the xBKChat forum.The archive is here. I do not know who were the admins of it. It was always a mystery. We were told that it was closed down because of legal threats from the BKWSU, or some compromise being made on the return of one or two members to the BK fold. I suspect it was a surprise for them that we were able to save the archive because all they wanted to do was shut it down.

It would be hard to argue against the study and practise of virtues. For me, though, I do not think they are what the BKWSU is really about and the BK systems requires one to make many compromises.

pari

Global BK

Post04 Nov 2009

Hai Tom, Maybe I should not have used the word 'bang'. Yes, people are sharing their experiences here. It is great that you are here for 2 years. People who can stay involved for so long are the people who are eager to help others. You are not getting paid for what you are doing here and so if you can go on supporting for so long, you care more for others than just yourself. What you guys are doing here is very very good because it is better to know what is happening in the Brahma Kumaris before innocently getting committed there and then regretting because one did not know that such things can happen in the Brahma Kumaris.

In respect of the ex-BK Chat Forum:

I did not know that the ex-BK Chat Forum was closed because of threats of legal action, from the Brahma Kumaris. When I was about to leave for India, I noticed that the XBKChat Forum did not exist anymore. I was participating there and so I asked the other members as to what had happened and I was informed that another XBKForum would be open soon.

I then left to do my PhD in Law in Delhi but I was staying most of the time in my apartment in Abu Road, opposite Shantivan. There I was also mixing with people outside who were trying to help the BKs who had been unreasonably penalised by the Brahma Kumaris. I was also getting involved with a group of non-BKs who were trying to turn the Rajesthan desert area into a heavenly kind of area with proper irrigation methods etc. I had listened to the proposals and they had seemed good. It was supposed to be set up on tax-exempted money.

It is so long ago that I cannot really remember it all so well. I think the Indian government allows charitable organizations to be set up in India to help the needy in India like the orphans, the prostitutes etc. I think the government allows a donator, who is willing to give a thousand crores (Indian money) for such charitable organization, to not pay any taxes for the thousand crores. There are rich people in India who are willing to donate such a huge sum for such charitable organizations. Such people had even come forward to finance what we were planning but I was told that I have to make sure that the money which is given should only be used for the charitable purpose and that there should be no misuse of funds.

I was told that even the Brahma Kumaris have set up such a charitable organization with the 1000 crores tax-exempted money. I was told that if the Brahma Kumaris misuse this money, the government will take over the charitable organization and its funds. The government will set up its own trustees to manage the funds and its activities. There are people, in India, who are waiting for the trustees of the Brahma Kumaris to misuse this money. They are saying that even if a single cent is misused, the government will take over, and these people are planning to work their way into the new government appointed trust committee.

I began to worry as to what will happen to me if I got involved with the charitable trust which we (me and my friends in India) were setting up. I was already being told that I have to make sure that the money should not be misused. I came back to Malaysia in 2006, to think about it and to do some corrections for my PhD proposal. However, I couldn't go back since because of various reasons. I informed my university about this and also told my friends to go ahead with the charitable fund in my absence. I have not gone back ever since but I know that the developer who had built my apartment is taking good care of my apartment. I get news from friends too that it is still OK and not broken into.

After I came back and had got settled down a bit, I asked the PBKs who I knew, as to where the new ex-BK forum was and I was given this forum address among others. If the ex-BK Chat Forum had closed because of legal threats from the Brahma Kumaris, they should not have closed for that reason. Ex-BKs are entitled to make fair comments and give their experiences.

Sometimes, the Admin of the Brahma Kumaris can have a lot of arrogance thinking that they are so powerful and mighty. I think the Brahma Kumaris is the richest and the largest spiritual organization in India. The Brahma Kumaris is covering up for the criminal acts of the surrendered BKs. This is wrong.

tom

ex-BK

Post04 Nov 2009

Hi Pari,

Honesty is such a virtue, heals relationships. You seem to have a gift, to maintain good relationships with all. My respect, that you care for those who have suffered and are suffering still in an organization, to which we had surrendered our lives once.

Why don't you go to India again and finish your PhD? What a shame when you drop it after coming such a long way.

By this occasion maybe you can take a look at your apartment also. 3 years are a long period of time. You never know what happens when you leave something into the hands of others. One friend of mine went to work to a foreign land and trusted his shop to his partner. Years long he got good news from his partner. One day he returned to his country and wrote me in shock that he could not find his partner but found his shop, which he left full of material, rented to somebody else. His partner sold the material, rented the shop and disappeared with the money.

BKWSU is not loved and respected in India by the local people. I was very sad as I realized this fact. I heard during my transit visits in a city educated local people calling BKWSU "filthy rich". Although in the constitution of World Renewal Trust there is the amendment "For relieving poverty" they don't spent a rupee to open a primary school, nor a kindergarten in the poor villages, nor do do anything to bring water to the neighboring villages, nor built any shelter to save some of the millions of the homeless children. I heard myself Nirwair Bhai saying, "We are not here to open schools, we are here to educate their souls."

As it is reported in this forum somewhere, The Global Hospital's doctors' regular visits to the villages is not administration's initiative. It is done alone with the initiative of a courageous lady BK Dr. from Global Hospital, in spite of all objection of Dadi Janki.

It is also reported in this forum, that Madhuban local citizens have no chance anymore to buy real estates in Madhuban, their space becomes smaller when their children get married and can not move into their own homes. The real estate prices are every year getting so high due to the rush of international BKs who come to buy homes around Madhuban, the local citizens can not compete with them. In Madhuban, and in the Yugya, it is not a secret that DJ with Nirwair Bhai are running this real estate business for the BKs. People say, that for big sales, the real estate agencies give to DJ as commission one apartment in Madhuban which she uses to lodge VIPs and IPs.

You can get more news when you visit your place.
PreviousNext

Return to Commonroom