Brahma Kumaris and Politics

for ex-BKs to discuss matters related to experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.

jann

friends or family of a BK

Brahma Kumaris and Politics

Post11 Dec 2010

Does this man know the real teachings? Or is he just a MIKE (microphone for the BKWSU), seeing all the goodies, toli and gifts?
Kumaris honour Mauritius Prez December 11, 2010 10:30:07 PM

Bhubaneswar: The Prajapita Brahma Kumaris Ishwariya Vishwa Vidyalaya on Monday felicitated Mauritius President Aniruddha Jagannath and his wife Sarojini Jagannath at its local centre. The director of the centre Brahmakumari Leena, Brahmakumar Bijay, Brahmakumar Prafulla and Brahmakumari Binni presented with Ishwaria literature, gifts and Prasad. Jagannath and his wife had visited the Vidayalayas centre in Mount Abu in Rajasthan in 2009. He is also in cotact with the organisation's centre in Mauritius.
The President of the Republic

Address by the President of the Republic on the occasion of the 30th Anniversary Celebrations of the presence of the Brahma Kumaris in Mauritius -Monday 11th July 2005- Octave Wièhé Auditorium- Réduit- 17.30 hrs

Dadi Janki, Co-Administrative Head of the Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University
Sister Chandra, Director, Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University (Mauritius)
Distinguished Guests
Ladies and Gentlemen

It is with great pleasure that I am in your midst this afternoon on the happy occasion of the 30th Anniversary of the establishment of the Brahma Kumaris in Mauritius. Allow me at the very outset to extend a warm welcome to Dadi Janki who is indeed a woman of wisdom, having dedicated her life to the cause of world peace and the spiritual upliftment of humanity. In 1976, as former Prime Minister, I was present at Rivière du Rempart when Dadi Prakashmani visited us to mark the setting up of the Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University. I have also been closely associated with some of the projects launched by the Brahma Kumaris namely the Million Minutes of Peace Appeal and the Global Co-operation for a Better World. I did inaugurate your Head Quarters at Quatre Bornes in 1987 as well as the Centre at Flacq in 1990.

On the auspicious occasion of the 30th Anniversary of the presence of the Brahma Kumaris in Mauritius, I have to place on record my deepest appreciation for your commitment towards promoting global peace. I have learnt with pleasure that the Brahma Kumaris have established more than 3200 Meditation Centres in 70 countries around the world. This indicates clearly that, irrespective of ethnic and religious backgrounds, people feel the need to realize their potential by cultivating the values of our common humanity.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

You must certainly have witnessed lately that the world is passing through troubled times. Hatred and division, rancour and vengeance cannot rule the day. Instead they should give way to love and unity, generosity and magnanimity in all circumstances. The Brahma Kumaris advocacy of global peace should guide us all the more so as we share a common destiny, as we value peace and harmony. Before ending, allow me to wish the Brahma Kumaris much success in their endeavour to make the world a better place to live in as well as their constant efforts towards making us aspire to spiritual excellence.

I thank you for your attention.

Copyright © Office of the President

Return to Commonroom