Diamond Life Retreats

for ex-BKs to discuss matters related to experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.

Mr Green

ex-BK

Diamond Life Retreats

Post30 Nov 2011

http://www.diamondliferetreats.co.uk/

Looks like Monica's left the BKs.

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: Diamond Life Retreats

Post01 Dec 2011

What is her story? 20 years as a BK but no mention of their name on her new CV, yet I see her doing gigs for the BKWSU earlier this year. Another Oxford Leadership Academy wallah and NLP practitioner. It seems to be that they just re-marketing anything they do as "coaching".

Looking at a typical BK coaching seminar", I cannot see much difference from an old fashioned service event ... a bit of a waffle, some word play, a story of personal salvation, leading to meditation, then tea and toli afterwards. It's just a more polished way of pulling the punters aimed at the businesses class.

Coach ... mentor ... guru ... Brahma Kumari ... Monica comes on at 21:00. It's just a BK "class" or "churnings". The stuff we used to give away for free.

I am concerned though because many of the courses look highly similar to BK stuff ... except that she charges. Do the BKs just turn a blind eye to it all, or are they all just jumping off a sinking ship taking whatever marketable assets they can carry?

'Diamond Retreat' = Diamond Age, 'Mind Power' = Meditation, 'Finding the Real YOU' = soul consciousness, "NO More Stress!" = Meditation ... talk of "Inner Space"? She even delivers the "Who am I? ... Who am I?" which is lesson one of the 7 Day Course.
Name: Monica Porter

About I run a holiday chalet letting business on the East Coast of England and really enjoy making people happy. I practise Raja Yoga meditation with the Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University and it has changed my life,now I know I am a soul not a body.

Monica is a life coach with over 20 years experience in personal and career development and work/ life strategies. She is passionate about people development since learning to meditate with the Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University in 1990 and having life changing experiences as a result. She travels extensively using her life’s experience and training to help others improve their relationships, stress levels, anger, personal performance, self esteem, confidence and work/ life balance. Monica lives on the East Coast of England and also runs a holiday business there.

maria

ex-BK

Re: Diamond Life Retreats

Post01 Dec 2011

ex-l wrote:It seems to be that they just re-marketing anything they do as "coaching".

That is.

And I wonder how can they lead-advise-mentor anyone with the situations and problems of "real life".

Saying: remember, you are a point of infinite conciousness, be vegetarian, meditate, you are a point, or may be, an "star", and keep celibate?

Are the answer to all problems, ehh???

ex-l

ex-BK

Diamond Life Retreats

Post01 Dec 2011

Blah blah blah ... meditation experience ... chit-chat and toli ... "take the pulse" (i.e. vet for likely chances of becoming an adherent) ... invitation to do the 7 Day Course. That is all those events are all about.

I am genuinely concerned about these individuals. They have been initiated into Yoga with their group spirit or god spirit, or whatever it is, and then they go out hiding it, charging other to initiate them into without telling them what it is.

This is why I am against ex-BKs who like to pretend the "god" content of the BKWSU is something universal and the same. It is not. It is something else quite specific that the BKs want to put in front of the universal experience and claim for themselves.

And why do they hide their BK adherence, or the inclusion of its teachings and practises, after so many years deeply committed years ?

You can take the bhen out of the BKWSU, but can you take the BKWSU out of the bhen? ("Bhen" means Sister).

I suppose you could just look at it psychologically and suggest they just enjoy the guru role BKs are trained to carry out ... I am just still fascinated how so many of them have be given the green light to go out into the world and turn it into a business. Would have never happened in the old days. I would really like to know how the BKWSU has come to allows it?

The other thing I think say a lot is how they stick so close to 'The Knowledge' and BKWSU symbolism. Haven't they got any imagination? Don't they want to put some distance between them and the cult?

Return to Commonroom