The Murlis: Ownership, access to and re-writing of

for ex-BKs to discuss matters related to experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.

sparkal

BK supporter

real family

Post07 Jan 2008

There is often more than one side to anything, as people point out. The pressure to succeed upon those who live in/ run centres will have an impact.

I don't know, there may be pressure from higher up The Ladder with regards to numbers in attendance and all that comes with it. Success can bring its own pressure, as with supposed failure. Perhaps this is one issue.

Success is a personal thing within the self. The aim and object is SELF transformation. If everyone, including those "in charge" are concentrating on the self than counting numbers and money, trying to please the higher rungs of The Ladder, much of the pressure can be lifted. God is pleased anyway, that is not an issue. The question is, ARE YOU PLEASED? There is the saying that we need the "love of the family" to survive, which may tell us a fair bit about thoughts and feelings towards others.

People want to know more as they go along, and this seems to be an issue with many, when their education is halted in an abrupt manner because the authority figure cannot answer a question or tries to stop people talking about certain things. Told to CHURN by the teachings yet told "no questions" by teachers. In The Knowledge > experience > realisation game, this can only cause problems and dis harmony.

They could of course debate that there is only one item of knowledge, that being "I the soul AM pure and peaceful", and that the game is all about experiencing that, and realising it, but others may say "let's get REAL", which oddly enough is the first half of the word realisation. Maybe there is not as much between us all as we can sometimes get to thinking.

arjun

PBK

Post10 Jan 2008

Quoted from BK section for record:

"कल्प-कल्प के लिए पढ़ाई है। इसमें बहुत ध्यान रखना पड़े। ७ रोज़ लक्श्य ले फिर मुरली घर में भी पढ़ सकते हो। भल अमेरिका आदि की तरफ चले जाओ तो भी बाप से वर्सा ले सकते हो। सिर्फ एक हफ्ता धारणा करके जाओ।" (ब्रह्माकुमारियों द्वारा प्रकाशित रिवाइज़्ड साकार मुरली दिनांक ८.११.०७, पृ.४)

"Kalpa-kalpa ke liye padhaai hai. Ismay bahut dhyaan rakhnaa padey. 7 roz lakshya ley fir Murli ghar may bhi padh saktey ho. Bhal America aadi taraf chaley jaao toh bhi Baap say varsa ley saktey ho. Sirf ek hafta dhaarnaa karke jaao." (Brahmakumariyon dwara prakaashit revised Sakar Murli, dinaank 08.11.07, pg 4)

“This study is for many kalpas (i.e. cycles). One needs to pay a lot of attention on this. Know about the goal in 7 days; then you can read the Murli even at home. Even if you go towards America, etc. you can obtain the inheritance from the Father. Just imbibe The Knowledge for one week and go." (Revised Sakar Murli dated 08.11.07, pg 4 published by BKs in Hindi, narrated by ShivBaba through Brahma Baba; translated by a PBK; the words within brackets in the English version have been added by the translator to clarify the meaning)

The above point proves that although it is advisable to attend Murli classes at the Center in a gathering, for such souls who are stuck up in remote areas, Murli can be read even at home. And the internet technology is a boon for such souls, provided BKWSU uploads the Murlis on a site for them. :D

But I suppose they will say we will send Murlis through email to such remotely located BKs. :wink:

arjun

PBK

Post16 Jan 2008

Omshanti. It would be interesting to read the official English translation of the following extracts of a revised Sakar Murli published by BKs:

"Baba nay samjhaya hai – hamesha Trimurti Shiv Jayanti kahnaa hai. Is vaari likhengey (2008 may) 72vi Trimurti Shivjayanti manaa rahey hain. Brahma bigar Shiv kaisey janma lengey.....Manushya bilkul vikaari patit ban padey hain. Boodhey ho jaatey hain toh bhi vikaar nahee chodtey. Nahee toh kaaydaa hai 60 varsh kay baad vaanprasth lena chaahiye. Pehley aisey kartey thay. 60 varsh ke andar apnaa bojha utaarkar bachchon ko dey detey thay. Ab 60 varsh kee aayu may bhi bachchey paida kartey rahtey hain. Baap kahtey hain inki 60 varsh kee aayu may bahut janmon kay ant kay ant may, jab inki vaanprastha avastha hui tab mainey pravesh kiya, tab isnay bhi sab kuch choda. Baap kay aaney say saari duniya kay liye vaanprasth avastha ho jaati hai kyonki sabko jaanaa hai vaapis. Isliye Baap kahtey hain maamekam Yaad karo. Chota va badaa koi bhi rahega nahee......Sangamyug may Baap aakar patiton ko paavan banaatey hain. Isliye is yug kee aayu – jab say Baap aaya hai tab say ginengey. Tum kahengey ham 72vi Trimurti Shivjayanti manaatey hain athava ShivBaba 72 varsh say aaya hua hai." (Brahmakumariyon dwara prakaashit revised Sakar Murli, dinaank 14.11.07, pg 2&3)

“Baba has explained – one should always say ‘Trimurti Shiv Jayanti’. This time (in 2008) it will be written that we are celebrating 72nd Trimurti Shivjayanti. How can Shiv take birth without Brahma.....Human beings have become completely vicious and sinful. Even when they become old they do not leave vices (i.e. lust). Otherwise, it is a rule that one should take retirement (vaanprasth) after the age of 60 years. Earlier people used to do like this. They used to relieve themselves of burdens (i.e. discharge their responsibilities) within 60 years and entrust it to the children. Now people keep giving birth to children even at the age of 60 years. The Father says – at the age of 60 years of this one, at the end of the last one of many births, when he reaches the stage of vaanprasth (retirement), I have entered in him. Only then did he too leave everything. With the arrival of the Father, the entire world reaches the vaanprasth stage because everyone has to return (home). That is why the Father says – Remember me alone. Nobody will survive, whether young or old.....The Father comes in the Confluence Age and transforms the sinful ones into pure ones. That is why the duration of this Age/Era will be counted from that time. You will say that we are celebrating the 72nd Trimurti Shiv Jayanti or that ShivBaba has come (here) since 72 years." (Revised Sakar Murli dated 14.11.07, pg 2&3 published by BKs in Hindi, narrated by ShivBaba through Brahma Baba; translated by a PBK; the words within brackets in the English version have been added by the translator to clarify the meaning)

paulkershaw

ex-BK

Re: The Murlis: Ownership, access to and re-writing of

Post13 May 2008

I was wondering how people on this forum in general would feel if (it were possible that ...) Murli's were edited and re-wrritten in such a way that they would not include comments that would prevent people from leaving the organisation? ... For example most ex-members of the BKWSU have had to work up enough courage to face themselves since they've heard over and over, "If you leave it'll be like jumping off a five-story building" etc ... and we all know the sad devastating consequences of that ... There are also Murli statements that state, "by leaving, you'll be a Shudra, the lowest of the low" etc, all designed to create fear, show a lack of care and, to my ears, love as I know it to be.

So the essence of my question is: Let us argue that for some reason or the other that the BKWSU decide to refurbish their image and look and bring about a 'Duty of Care' programme internationally - "Would it then be OK to edit these type of statements out of a Murli" or really are we only commenting and concerned about the historical aspects that have been edited and re-written (without explanation)?
Essentially, I know that Spirit (God ...) would NEVER say anything that would be harmful to anyone on any level (however maybe not everyone else has that faith ... ??) so for me it should be completely unnecessary to change wordings that are being being punted/believed to be direct from "Source".

I know of one case of (yes - a still earthwalking) master spiritual teacher who has touted the teachings of a particular branch of channeled spiritual knowledge for many years and then turned around recently and announced that those teachings are now false but then gave the reasons why, validating the process and reasoning given behind the change in heart ... this, of course, may be acceptable when we understand the reason but I see that at least validity was provided and complete transparency was apparent in the process. We're not getting that from the BKWSO as a whole.

We can all understand that spiritual teachings may possibly change (and please God ... hopefully will ...) according to the times but would we be more accepting if reasons were given for withdrawal and change of Murli info, provided validation from its source was supplied at the same time? (But then we'd also have to look at accepting the validity of the source too. So, on one hand, when Murli's are altered and re-written its also bringing into question the validity of the source is it not?).

This has been written about on the forum in the past. However, the question for me is "Is it OK to edit and re-wite a Murli or not?" and if it is, then JUST WHO CHOOSES to allow what goes out to each centre internationally as it affects on very deep levels each and every person who hears those words. It's about intention and I really don't like what I am seeing and reading about, Murli speaking.

Comments from everyone welcome please.

arjun

PBK

Post23 Jul 2008

Omshanti. Recently, the original Sakar Murli (Night Class) dated 23.12.58 was produced in the BK Section of this forum in three parts as Point No. 239-240. I am reproducing the same as a whole Murli in this thread:

“देखो, आलमाइटी बाबा के यह सब कितने रूहानी कारखाने (सेन्टर्स) हैं। जहाँ से हर एक को रूहानी रत्न मिलते हैं। बाबा है सब कारखानों का सेठ। मैनेजर्स लोग सम्भाल रहे हैं, दुकानें चल रही हैं। दुकान कहो, हॉस्टिल कहो....यह तुम ब्राह्मणों की फैमिली भी है। तुम्हें अपना जीवन बानाना है एज्यूकेशन से। इसमें रूहानी और जिस्मानी दोनों इकट्ठा है। दोनों बेहद के हैं। गुरू लोग जो भी शास्त्रों आदि की रूहानी शिक्षा देते हैं वह सब है हद की। हम किसी मनुष्य को गुरू नहीं मानते। हमारा है एक सतगुरू, जो एक ही रथ में आते हैं। घड़ी-घड़ी उनको याद करेंगे तब ही विकर्म विनाश होंगे। तुमको धन उस ग्रैन्ड फादर से मिलता है, इसलिए उनको याद करना है। कोई भी कर्म ऐसा नहीं करना है जो विकर्म बन जाये। सतयुग में कर्म, अकर्म होते हैं। यहाँ कर्म विकर्म होते हैं क्योंकि ५ भूत हैं। हम बिल्कुल सेफ हैं।

बाबा कहते हैं विकार दान में दे दो फिर अगर वापिस लिया तो नुकसान हो जायेगा। ऐसे मत समझना छिपाकर करेंगे तो पता थोड़ेही पड़ेगा। धर्मराज को तो पता पड़ेगा ना। इस समय ही बाबा को अन्तर्यामी कहा जाता है, हर एक बच्चे का रजिस्टर वह देख सकते हैं। हम बच्चों के अन्दर को जानने वाला है इसलिए छिपाना नहीं चाहिए। ऐसे भी चिट्ठी लिखते हैं कि बाबा हमारे से भूल हुई है माफ करना। धर्मराज की दरबार में सजा नहीं देना। जैसे कि डायरेक्ट शिवबाबा को लिखते हैं। बाबा के नाम पर इस पोस्ट बाक्स में चिट्ठी डाल देते हैं। भूल बताने से आधी सजा कम हो जायेगी। यहाँ प्युरिटी बहुत चाहिए। सर्वगुण सम्पन्न, १६ कला सम्पन्न यहाँ बनना है – कोई विकर्म तो नहीं करते हैं? संकल्प तो बहुत आयेंगे, माया बहुत परीक्षा लेगी, डरना मत। बहुत नुकसान होंगे, धन्धा नहीं चलेगा, टांग टूट जायेगी, बीमार हो पड़ेंगे....कुछ भी हो जाये बाबा का हाथ नहीं छोड़ना। अनेक प्रकार की परीक्षायें आयेंगी। पहले-पहले बाबा के सामने आती हैं, इसलिए बाबा बताते हैं खबरदार रहना। पहलवान बनना है।

देखो भारत में जितनी सबको छुट्टियाँ मिलती हैं इतनी और कहाँ नहीं मिलती, परन्तु यहाँ हमको एक सेकेण्ड भी छुट्टी नहीं मिलती क्योंकि बाबा कहते हैं श्वासों श्वांस याद में रहो। एक-एक श्वांस अमोलक है। तो वेस्ट कैसे कर सकते। जो वेस्ट करते हैं वह पद भ्रष्ट करते हैं। इस जन्म का एक एक श्वांस मोस्ट वैल्युबुल है। रात दिन बाबा की सर्विस में रहना चाहिए। तुम आलमाइटी बाबा के ऊपर आशिक हो या उनके रथ पर? या दोनों पर? जरूर दोनों का आशिक होना पड़े। बुद्धि में यह रहेगा कि वह इस रथ में है। उनके कारण तुम इस पर आशिक हुए हो। शिव के मन्दिर में भी बैल रखा हुआ है। वह भी पूजा जाता है। कितनी गुह्य बातें हैं जो रोज़ नहीं सुनते तो कोई कोई प्वाइंट्स मिस कर देते हैं। रोज़ सुनने वाले कभी प्वाइंट्स में फेल नहीं होंगे। मैनर्स भी अच्छे रहेंगे। बाबा की याद में बहुत प्राफिट (फायदा) है। फिर है बाबा की नॉलेज को याद करना। योग में भी प्राफिट, ज्ञान में भी प्राफिट। बाबा को याद करना इसमें है मोस्ट प्राफिट क्योंकि विकर्म विनाश होते हैं और पद भी ऊंच मिलता है।“
(ब्रह्माकुमारियों द्वारा प्रकाशित रिवाइज़्ड साकार मुरली दिनांक २७.०२.०८, पृ. ३ एवं ४, जो मूल रूप से रात्रि क्लास, दिनांक २३.१२.५८ है)

“ Look, these are so many spiritual factories (centers) of almighty Baba from where everyone gets spiritual gems. Baba is the owner of all the factories. Managers are taking care (of them); the shops are working. Call it a shop or a hostel....this is a family of you Brahmins as well. You have to build your life through eduction. The spiritual and the physical one are together in this. Both are in an unlimited sense. The spiritual teaching of the scriptures that the Gurus give is in a limited sense. We do not believe any human being to be our guru. Ours is one Satguru who comes only in one Chariot. The sins would get destroyed only when we remember Him every moment. You get wealth from that grand Father; that is why we have to remember Him. One should not commit any such karma that becomes vikarma (sin). In the Golden Age, karma is akarma (karma that does not accumulate any sin or charity); here karma is vikarma because there are five ghosts (i.e. vices).

Baba says – donate the vices. Then if you take them back, you will suffer loss. Don’t think that who will know if I do it stealthily. Dharmaraj would come to know, will he not? It is at this time that Baba is called antaryami (one who knows the inner self of everyone); He can see the register of every child. He knows the inside of us children. That is why one should not hide. Children also write letters that Baba, I have committed this mistake, please forgive me. Do not punish me in the court of Dharmaraj. It is as if they write directly to ShivBaba. They put the letter addressed to Baba in this post box. By revealing the mistake (to Baba) the punishment would be reduced by half. Here a lot of purity is required. We have to become perfect in all the virtues, complete in 16 celestial degrees here itself – (We have to check) Do we commit any sins? A lot of (impure) thoughts would come to one’s mind, Maya will test a lot, do not be afraid. You will suffer a lot of losses. Your business would not work properly. Your legs may break. You may fall sick...whatever may happen, but don’t leave Baba’s hand. You would face many kinds of tests. First of all the tests are faced by Baba. That is why Baba tells – Be careful. You have to become strong (pehelwaan).

Look, nowhere else do people get as many holidays as in India. But here we do not get leisure time of even a second because Baba says – Be in remembrance every breath. Every breath is valuable. So, how can we waste? Those who waste degrade their post. Every breath of this birth is most valuable. One should remain busy in Baba’s service day and night. Do you love the Almighty Baba or His Chariot? Or both? Definitely you have to love both. The intellect would remember that He is in this Chariot. You love this one because of Him. Even in the temple of Shiv a bull is placed. It is also worshipped. These are so deep matters. Those who do not listen everyday miss some points. Those who listen everyday will not fail in any point. Their manners would also be nice. There is a lot of profit in Baba’s remembrance. Next is the remembrance of Baba’s knowledge. There is profit in Yoga as well as knowledge. Most profit lies in remembering Baba because the sins get destroyed in it and one also gets a high post.”
(Original Night Class dated 23.12.58 contained in the Revised Sakar Murli dated 27.02.08, pg.3&4 published by BKs in Hindi, narrated by ShivBaba through Brahma Baba; translated by a PBK; the words within brackets in the English version have been added by the translator to clarify the meaning)

Members might recollect that I had mentioned about BKs having published two Murlis from the 1950s as part of revised Murli dated 30/31.12.05. After that, this is the first time I am seeing a Revised Sakar Murli with the original date.

I don't know the reason for such selective mention of original dates of Murlis once in a year or two. But I am sure they must have many more Murlis with original dates in their stock.

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun

arjun

PBK

Post22 Aug 2008

Although I have reproduced the following Murli quote from the BK Section in the thread related to BK financial issues, but it is also related to this thread:
"Ek saptaah Baap ke bachchey banker dekho. Pasand aaye toh ban-na, nahee toh jaakar lokik maa-baap ka ban-na. Fees toh kuchch nahee hai ShivBaba ka bhandara hai. Na koi kitaab aadi khareed karaatey hain. Sirf Murli bheji jaati hai. Baap ka khazana hai, vah fees kya lengey. Haan, achcha lagey toh gareebon ke liye literature chapaa lena." (Brahmakumariyon dwara prakaashit revised Sakar Murli, dinaank 21.03.08, pg 3&4)

“Try becoming the Father’s child for a week. If you like you may become (a child), otherwise you may go and become the child of lokik mother and Father. There is no fee. It is ShivBaba’s bhandara (storehouse). Neither are you made to purchase any book, etc. Just the Murli is sent (to you). It is the Father’s treasure; what fees would He take! Yes, if you like it, you may get literature printed for the poor people.” (Revised Sakar Murli dated 21.03.08, pg 3&4 published by BKs in Hindi, narrated by ShivBaba through Brahma Baba; translated by a PBK; the words within brackets in the English version have been added by the translator to clarify the meaning)

BKWSU is ready to provide all other literature (except Murlis) to its students and general public at a cost and very rarely free of cost.

Even if literature is to be printed it should have been for poor people (and perhaps free of cost) as per the above Murli, but most of the literature published by BKWSU comes at a considerable cost. There are many books which an ordinary BK cannot purchase. I remember that when the project 'Golobal Cooperation for a better world' was launched in late 1980s by BKWSU worldwide, they had released a big book (I don't remember the name) which they distributed to VVIPs the world over and even got VIP BKs photographed with them. Although the book was very nice, but was unaffordable for me.

OGS,
Arjun

arjun

PBK

Post25 Aug 2008

Omshanti. Since the BK newsletter produced by Sister Jannisder contains a chapter on "Murli Roll outs" I thought the following link is relevant to this thread.

OGS,
Arjun

Baskar

Awakening with Brahmakumari - Going beyond

Post26 Dec 2011

yesterday 25 dec 2011, I saw the Awakening with Brahmakumari - Going beyond episode in Aatha Tv. i would like to see this video of this program again. Could anyone please tell where this particular video program is available on net?
Previous

Return to Commonroom