So what happened to xbkchat.com?

for ex-BKs to discuss matters related to experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.

ex-l

ex-BK

So what happened to xbkchat.com?

Post07 Apr 2006

Hi

What more can I say ... so what happened to the xbkchat.com forum?

ex-l

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post08 Apr 2006

hi all, 8)

howiemac

ex-BK

Post08 Apr 2006

greetings :)

ex-l

ex-BK

Post09 Apr 2006

Anonymous wrote:Indeed, what happened? Who 'owns' this forum?

I don't know yet. I think it is look for some owners. Some way of making sure that the work continues on and the responsibility does not lay on one person's shoulders alone.

ex-l

howiemac

ex-BK

Post30 Apr 2006

So - now we are told, with no warning or explanation, that the ex-BK forum is closing down - it has gone read only and will shut down completely in a month's time.. never did trust that Admin!

Doesn't really affect me personally - it had served its purpose for me over the winter, as I vented my BK-related frustrations, and these are now receding into the distance - but I thought it was a useful resource, albeit a bit unspiritual at times (for my taste).

You would have thought the Admin would have offered others the opportunity to take over and continue the site - a bit of control freakery going on IMHO - he/she/they(?) clearly regard the facility and all the information theirin (contributed by others) as their own personal
property to do what they like with - obviously never really converted to the concept of sharing - it's an odd attitude to have "i am no longer prepared to administer this so i am shutting it down"... when several of the members have the facilities and abilities to carry the site on... cannot help wondering if BK pressure has been brought to bear on the Admin (or if he/she has rejoined?).

I have spoken about this to others who were not involved, and the general reaction is "nasty trick to pull".

But whatever - the only constant is change, so lets establish this new facility here to play the role that XBKchat was playing so usefully... :)

ps - i do really like being able to edit my posts and fix the typos etc.. :D

bansy

Post30 Apr 2006

I don't now how many ex-XBKChat folks are in this forum but "Hello, Nice to Be Back"

Yes, I do feel the XBKchat Admin can now use all the material to write a book if they wish to :shock: ! There was a lot of stuff useful for new people, esp BKs and XBKs, to browse, join, comment, and learn to think outside the BK box they are/were in, but all that will be taken offline for many. Anyway, XBKChat was of great service and I am sure the Admin have their reasons , I certainly learnt many things from all the contributors. Thanks to everyone for sharing. This also includes PBKs.

So here we go again.

(PS: You can save a webpage as a file by clicking "File, Save As.." (if you are using IE).

proy

ex-BK

BKPROY

Post30 Apr 2006

Hi,

Before I made up my mind to become a pukka BK I read with great interest the XBKchat site. I also spoke with some XBKs in person. This was a great help to me in my decision to become a BK. I am happy to be part of the organisation, “warts and all” as they say.
Before I became a BK I could not post on the ex-BK site, and after I became a BK I was still not allowed to post on that site. I am happy to be able to post here so easily and freely. I have a question. Is this the only part of the forum I am allowed to post in, as a BK?

Anybody wants to chat with me I will be very pleased. If you are thinking of becoming a BK, if you don’t know what the BKs are, if you are a PBK, ex-BK, or friend, relative or partner of a BK. I am a Brother and my wife is also a pukka BK. We have our own home and neither of us lives in a centre. We have quite different attitudes to Gyan, which is part of what makes us an ideal couple in our own lives. I am a bit of a Bhagat. My wife is a dot on the wall person. I am very Indian by temperament, my wife wants to try to westernise the way she transmits Gyan. We are both English. We have both had profound transcendental and psychic experiences in meditation. My wife is a very psychic person generally.

I do not have any issues to raise at the moment, as my path appears very clear to me, just a few adjustments to make along the way. I wait for replies, but I am not on the computer much, mainly at weekends, and next weekend I am away on a BK course.

Om Shanti,
PROY :)

I tried to post this in the BK forum but got this message -
"Sorry, but only users granted special access can read topics in this forum."
So I am posting it here. Hope this is OK :?
PRoy

freedom

ex-BK

hi everybody

Post02 May 2006

happy to be back..I guess nothing stays the same for too long , but here we are....blue emoticons... :lol:

:P freedom (former bluewing !!)

zhukov

ex-BK

Post03 May 2006

Hello everyone :D Yes, I like the blue smilies too

Nice to see the new site!

frank natha

ex-BK

Post03 May 2006

HI and Om Shanti's to all my old pals and girls from the XBKchat.

It feels happy to continue.

HAPPINESS IS NOW

Frank

john

reforming BK

Post03 May 2006

Hi All

Many thanks those that have set up this forum etc.

John

joel

ex-BK

Post03 May 2006

Hi All,

Hope to talk to you here. Is this the right place to start complaining?

My next question: "Answering the questions you want to ask?"

Is this final or provisional? Seems to emphasize the 'info' aspects of the site, rather than the community, which probably includes friendship, support, flaming arguments, etc.

I'd like to suggest an alternative--perhaps for the forum--if nothing else than to start discussion. A forum for communicating among members, fringe members, ex-members, their families and others concerned with the lifestyle, philosophy and experiences in this spiritual community. Okay, maybe not as punchy as the original. Any other suggestions??

PS. cannot we have nice colored buttons and yellow smileys? How can I communicate without them?

Regards

Return to Commonroom