ex-BK Yuktis

for ex-BKs to discuss matters related to experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.

arvind.giri

BK

ex-BK Yuktis

Post16 Feb 2014

I observed in last few discussions that whenever BKs ask a logical question, some ex-BKs immediately label it as 'BK Yukti' and don't discuss it further. I wonder if the word 'BK Yukti' is being used as a escape route for tough questions or questions which would put anti-BKs in weaker position.

If we can discuss BK history in each and every thread whether or not that adds value to the core topic of the thread, why cannot we provide logical answers to the 'BK Yuktis'.

But this is not the point :).

Point is, I also observed ex-BKs using their own yuktis, which have been used repeatedly especially whenever there is a new comer in the forum.

Let's use the term 'ex-BK Yuktis' for these patterns :)

Below are few of these:
"This is a BK Yukti."
    So I won't answer this question ... Thank God for saving me :).
"Are you a sevika, or just a user of the BKs' services?"
    Oh my God!!! You opened my eyes. I was thinking that I am part of the BK family :).
"You don't know very much about the Brahma Kumaris at all".
    You know Lekhraj Kirpalani learnt RajYoga from a Bengal saddhu. My grand Father was there when he was learning it :).
"The Brahma Kumaris want everything you have ... your mind, your body (free labour/servitude) and your wealth"
    They took almost all of these from us, but you know we saved part of the our mind because we knew all about them even before we joined them :).
There's no pension fund or retirement in the BKWSU
    Yes, one of the ex-BK completed his service years at BK and has not received pension cheques for last 6 months. :)
The spirit behind the BKs is not god.
    Yes, we know personally who the spirit is :).
You don't know the truth about the Brahma Kumaris. We can help you see it
    We have special glasses which filter out the positive facts :).
"From a BK point of view, I'd say you were still about 90% caught in Hindu Bhakti and not full in Gyan yet"
    Yes, I can measure it accurately, also I am finding it difficult to persuade you.

Just for the fun purpose, let's post all the BKs and ex-BKs Yuktis here.

I'd invite everyone to go through the past threads especially whenever a new person joined and see if you can find some more 'ex-BK Yuktis'.

Have fun :).

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: ex-BK Yuktis

Post16 Feb 2014

There's no such thing as ex-BKism. There's no religion, nothing to promote, no shared aim and objects, no set of beliefs to have, no group language or hierarchy ... in short, there is no such collective identity of "ex-BK". We are not an "Army" like

Once you've left the BKWSU you're on your own. We don't offer an alternative cult to join.

Most of the quotes or arguments above are mine, so why not accuse me of them. Why falsely blame others for them in an attempt to discredit everyone who leaves the BKWSU? There is a topic for criticisms of ex-l somewhere else and also one's for Criticisms of this website. It would be better to move this to there.

The purpose of this forum is clearly stated during the registration process which you agreed to. It's here to support individuals leaving the BKWSU and the friends and family of BKs suffering from the influences of the BKWSU.

It appears that your intentions were false and you do not share those aims or purposes. You do not wish to leave the BKWSU. Therefore, you've just proven yourself to be someone who makes false agreements with ulterior motives.

You can add that "yukti" to you list. It is a deliberate one ... it is a bit like those agreements the immigration people make you sign when you enter another country. They make you agree to something knowing that if you do so falsely it will give them immediate grounds to throw you out.

We do it to prove most BKs are dishonest and insincere fanatics, and will say one thing but do another.

However, if you want to discuss certain points above to see if they are true or not we can do so.

arvind.giri

BK

Post16 Feb 2014

ex-l wrote:It appears that your intentions were false and you do not share those aims or purposes. You do not wish to leave the BKWSU. Therefore, you've just proven yourself to be someone who makes false agreements with ulterior motives.

You can add that "yukti" to you list. It is a deliberate one ... it is a bit like those agreements the immigration people make you sign when you enter another country. They make you agree to something knowing that if you do so falsely it will give them immediate grounds to throw you out.

You may want to check the below link; /viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2057&p=39410#p39410

Specially below quotes:
arvind.giri wrote:By the way, I did not know that it is a closed group for ex BKs and BKs planning to quit. Frankly speaking, so far I am not thinking to quit unless you give me some solid reasons to do so :).

Why wasn't I asked to leave at that time?

Anyways if anything is happening against the rules, you may let me know the rule or correct it by yourself.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post16 Feb 2014

What you really meant ...
arvind.giri wrote:I observed in last few discussions that whenever I ask a question, ex-l immediately label it as 'BK Yukti' and doesn't fall for it.

The fact is, I do discuss it further at length, so you make another false statement.

I wrestle with your use of the world "logical" because I would argue that my reasoning is highly logical. If you are interested in logic and avoiding false arguments, perhaps you could study this list. For example, clearly you shifted the Burden of proof (onus probandi) "I need not prove my claim it is God, you must prove it is false".

This ground was covered a long time ago by Bertrand Russell (1872–1970) using the celestial teapot argument.

Russell wrote that if he claims that a teapot orbits the Sun somewhere in space between the Earth and Mars, it is nonsensical for him to expect others to believe him on the grounds that they cannot prove him wrong. Ditto you and your god spirit. The BK element to your method is the subtle limiting of your argument to not making us have to believe ... but just leaving the door of possibility open and doubting our own logic, convictions and intuitions.

"Don't believe", the BKs say ... "just suspend your disbelief for a minute". They are like vampires whispering, "just opening the door and let us in, it's only for one minute!".

We always give people a chance ... to start thinking again, or add practical benefit to what we do.

Mostly, BKs will not. They just come to spoil the atmosphere and attack me. If BKs want to promote BKism here, they are generally asked to do something practical for the benefit of all to make up for their distraction, e.g. by supply copies of original Murlis etc for us to document and share freely, copies of accounts, or start working to resolve abuses within the BKWSU.

There's a need for balance between what you give and what you take. If it all take, take, take ... and the quality of your discussion distracts from the conversation ... then, you'll be shown the door. This is why it's important to be very honest and sincere.

If a BK admits up the short comings of the religion and engages themselves in reform, than that is a good thing. If they dig their heels in and refuse to admit there are any, or defend them, then they are not a good person by any standard.

For example, if you can read a news report of some BK Sister being sexually abused and only focus on her accusations for being false (All Brahma Kumaris are Lesbians), then your priorities are terrible. You've no concern for the woman, only the reputation of the BKs.

* (But never 'sign' an agreement without reading it!).

Return to Commonroom