Symbols and Metaphors

for ex-BKs to discuss matters related to experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.

ex-l

ex-BK

water is often symbolic of the unconscious

Post06 Oct 2006

bansy wrote:(since the rest of the world was underwater)

Don't let me detract from the major part of this query, but to put a PBK angle on this idea, is there a change that "sub-merged under the Ocean" is symbolic rather than literal?

Sub-merged under water is often symbolic of the unconscious or the sub-conscious.

To take this further, could it be the "pure land of Bharat" that rises during the Confluence Age related to those of a certain level of conscious and that the "rest of the world underwater" actually refers to the rest of the world that remain unconscious to the goings on of Shiva and the Brahmins?

I claim to 'know' nothing, 'believe' little; but I can see that symbolic or metaphorical meanings to all these things make much more sense than the literal BKWSU interpretation.

andrey

PBK

Re: Symbols and Metaphors

Post26 Mar 2008

There was discussion somewhere about the 3 lions on the coat of arms of India that it has been said in the Advanced Knowledge that they represent the Trimurti and ex-l was providing the history of the symbol saying that there is a forth lion that cannot be seen. I have been watching a discussion VCD* where as far as i understood this matter was raised. Out of the four-armed image 3 personalities got revealed Brahma, Jagadamba and Prajapita and the forth is Vishnu that is hidden.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post27 Mar 2008

Thank you Baba Virendra Dev Dixit.

arjun

PBK

Post27 Mar 2008

ex-l wrote:Don't let me detract from the major part of this query, but to put a PBK angle on this idea, is there a change that "sub-merged under the Ocean" is symbolic rather than literal? Sub-merged under water is often symbolic of the unconscious or the sub-conscious. To take this further, could it be the "pure land of Bharat" that rises during the Confluence Age related to those of a certain level of conscious and that the "rest of the world underwater" actually refers to the rest of the world that remain unconscious to the goings on of Shiva and the Brahmins?

Dear ex-l,

Your churning about the submergence of lands other than the Indian subcontinent could be right, but I have not heard ShivBaba clarifying on the metaphorical meaning of submergence in the discussions with PBKs. But it would be an interesting question to ask. Any PBK reading this topic and likely to meet ShivBaba (through Baba Virendra Dev Dixit) can raise this issue in their discussions with him.

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun

pbktrinityshiva

PBK

Post04 Apr 2008

Often it is both literal and metaphorical.

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post04 Apr 2008

I like Paiste cymbals, I don't know about minators though ... they're a bit scary.

Return to Commonroom