Strategies for activists protecting society from the BKs

for ex-BKs to discuss matters related to experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.

ex-l

ex-BK

Strategies for activists protecting society from the BKs

Post27 Jul 2016

Inspirational strategies for anyone considering acting to protect society against the Brahma Kumaris, or to reform them.

From 'Rules for Radicals: A Pragmatic Primer for Realistic Radicals' (1971) by Saul D. Alinsky, a book I'd never read by an author I'd never heard of until now when his name came up amongst the mudslinging of the American election.

Where best to strike the Brahma Kumaris is where they care the most; their expensively manicured public face ... so aim at their VIP contacts and expose their true face to them ... and their financial revenue stream.

Second best would be what they are the weakest at, conforming to real world laws.

In addition to 2) "Never go outside your expertise", I'd add "and stick to the truth".
The Rules
    1) “Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.”
      Power is derived from two main sources – money and people. “Have-Nots” must build power from flesh and blood.
    2) “Never go outside the expertise of your people.”
      It results in confusion, fear and retreat. Feeling secure adds to the backbone of anyone.
    3) “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.”
      Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty.
    4) “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.”
      If the rule is that every letter gets a reply, send 30,000 letters. You can kill them with this because no one can possibly obey all of their own rules.
    5) “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.”
      There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions.
    6) “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.”
      They’ll keep doing it without urging and come back to do more. They’re doing their thing, and will even suggest better ones.
    7) “A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.”
      Don’t become old news.
    8) “Keep the pressure on. Never let up.”
      Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new.
    9) “The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.”
      Imagination and ego can dream up many more consequences than any activist.
    10) "The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition."
      It is this unceasing pressure that results in the reactions from the opposition that are essential for the success of the campaign.
    11) “If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive.”
      Violence from the other side can win the public to your side because the public sympathizes with the underdog.
    12) “The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.”
      Never let the enemy score points because you’re caught without a solution to the problem.
    13) “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.”
      Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people are affected faster than institutions.

To which I'd add ...
    "Never allow the Brahma Kumaris to set the agenda, define the terms, or decided the time and place of engagement. Be yourself and take them outside of their comfort zone."

The Brahma Kumaris are, subtly, but highly controlling. During any engagement with them, they seek to assert themselves over others (thinking themselves to be superior of all others), setting precedents of control through by determining the place, e.g. meetings at their centres, the use of language, e.g. their faux concept of what "being royal" means, and company (who attends) etc to load the situation against you and "vibe" you out, i.e. literally to have their meditators meditating at you to alter your mind or mood.

Even keep setting the pace, don't let suck you in with their slow and hypnotic use of language. Keep them on their toes and off guard.
Having written all that, be reminded that their greatest weapon is just going to be "pulling up the drawbridge" of their castle and ignoring you. Therefore, if possible, use devices they cannot ignore and invoke external authorities that are superior to them, e.g. the courts.

Beware of their ‘repressive tolerance’, a practice whereby they put on a show of permitting dissidenting perspectives, only to reduce them to being subjective ‘opinions’. ‘Opinions’ the person is portrayed as being entitled to, but which have no relevance to them (as all non-BK are "body-conscious" and so inferior, and all ex-BK are weak, gross failures), and they are not obliged to take seriously and and the dissident is not entitled to act upon.

If faced with such accusations, BKs are likely just to attempt to retreat into their hypnotic state. They are not listening to you, they are "Om-ing" away inside to themselves.

Something like, "Thank you for sharing that", a meme they appear to have borrowed from NLP, really means, "I was not listing and have no interest in what you are saying".

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: Strategies for activists protecting society from the BKs

Post27 Jul 2016

Power is derived from two main sources – money and people. “Have-Nots” must build power from flesh and blood.

There's a old truism which states, "possession is 9/10ths of the law".

For decades the activities of the Brahma Kumaris have been about seeking to acquire power (money and people/contacts) and its trappings (property) and are increasingly protected by the rights of a world they are utterly critical of; not the common good, spirituality, objective understanding, democratic rights etc. Learn this lesson from them and focus on acquiring your own, and don't give yours over to them on fear of the End of the World or the promise of high status in a next life in Heaven!

However, I think their foundations are actually very weak as they are based largely on falsehoods and deliberate deception.

Exposing their deception, and seeking to protect others from them, is a charitable and virtuous act.

human being

Post27 Jul 2016

There are three kinds of people who go to the BKs - seekers, sufferers and pretenders. First, identify your case.

If you are of the first kind (many people claim to be in this category but are actually not) then focus on truth only and no amount of manipulation can deceive you. In the end, even if you get deceived for a short period of time, you will emerge out wiser from your experience.

If you are of second category (they are the most adherent ones) and have received love and bliss, not from the 'spiritual family' but from the source, i.e the 'current' in meditation, Murli etc, you may turn out to be a decent human being if you can free yourself from the clutches of center in-charge etc etc and can focus only on your 'meditation' (strictly speaking it is not meditation but I am presuming that you have had no such experience outside the BKs ever, so call it whatever you like) and dharna subjects and not get lured by 'seva' (this the biggest abuse of this sacred word that I can imagine). You will remain in 'wah Baba wah' mode all the time. Life will be easy and even if you will see other people as inferior (which now I believe is not a spiritually healthy thing, specially in the long term). You will at least not be a bad person.

Sadly most BKs, even the pukka ones, can only dream of such life as they actually are of third category.

To category 3 people, I would advise that BK life for you is a waste of your time and energy. It is possible that somethings like respect or a sense of belonging to a family may be attracting you, but you cannot fool yourself for long. The longer you fool yourself the more bitter you will be at the end. Although, now, I am in a position to say that even the terrible hollowness that you will endure after leaving (and many avoid leaving precisely because they find themselves unable to confront this feeling) will help you later but people who have not healed from their hurt at leaving just get ****** off if I try to bring to them this point as they are suffering presently. The thing is sub-conscious mind starts believing that you are committing a crime by leaving and that is the basic reason why people suffer afterwards.

Therefore, I hope you can identify to which category (or boundary) you belong and analyze your position.

P.S, this is for those who are BKs. For freinds and family I will write later as I am tired, a terribly slow writer and a very lazy fellow.

Lots of love to you all.

Nighty night.

Pink Panther

Post28 Jul 2016

Human being, that was an excellent post. If that is the standard you write when tired, you should always wait until you are tired before you write.

Return to Commonroom