BKWSU gets Government Grants in India

for ex-BKs to discuss matters related to experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.

ex-l

ex-BK

BKWSU gets Government Grants in India

Post23 Oct 2006

Can anyone comment on this?

BKWSU gets Government Grants in India under the front names "RajYoga Education & Research Foundation, Rajouri Garden, New Delhi" and "Brahma Kumaris Education Society". Also the same of Mysore elsewhere.

As an example, it says here a grant was given for teacher training and the amount in rupees was 8,10,000/-, other accounts are around 2.5 to 7.3 lahk rupees for "conducting value education training", "Training of principals and teachers", "Assistance for Strengthening Culture and Values in Education" and "Organizing youth camps" e.g.

freefall

ex-BK

Post23 Oct 2006

Getting a grant does not mean anything -- positive or negative.

As long as you claim that you are not a religious but cultural organization and have sympathizers in the higher echelons of bureaucracy, you are in the game. BK wins on both.

arjun

PBK

Post23 Oct 2006

Omshanti. The BKs have received similar or bigger grants/lands in many other states of India. But the respective Central/State Governments either do not know or do not wish to know that the same NGO whom they are giving Government grants/lands are denying entry to many of their own members/ex-members and using violence to curb them. PBKs have even submitted several letters to the various governments, but the influence of the BKs (as Freefall has also mentioned) is such that either no action is initiated and even if any action is initiated it is only an eyewash.
With regards,
OGS,
Arjun

ex-l

ex-BK

Post24 Oct 2006

freefall wrote:Getting a grant does not mean anything -- positive or negative.

As long as you claim that you are not a religious but cultural organization and have sympathizers in the higher echelons of bureaucracy, you are in the game. BK wins on both.

I am not sure where all this "Values Education" started. If it is purely a BK thing or if it started in the outside world. But it appears all over the world now, the BKs are involved and now they have learned how to use it to make money and land. This is new to me.

Now, I know the BKWSU well enough to say quite confidently that they don't do just anything because it is "good". They do it because it is promoting the BKWSU and Raja Yoga. There is a limit to how many people will swallow the Raja Yoga sales pitch and so they hide under different names and titles. "Values Education" is a big one right now. But can we honestly say that what they are doing is anything but Raja Yoga service and promoting Raja Yoga?

Now to ask for, and receive grants, to do "Godly service" and initiate individuals into Raja Yoga under cover raises ethical questions in my mind. From the Brahmin point of view it is not right ... am I not correct to say? I thought it was against Shrimat to ask for money for Raja Yoga. And is it not also moving Brahmin resources away from doing what Brahmins are meant to be doing, e.g. Yoga and initiating Yoga, to something else?

From a lokik point of view, to be doing one thing when sponsors think you are doing something else, is unethical. To have told the sponsors they are doing "values education" when really they are doing Raja Yoga service is not right. And, there can be no doubt in my mind what the BKWSU is doing. Although, I also accept from a lokik point of view, this is all very subtle. It would also appear that there has been a turning point in Gyan where more and more they are offering and charging for "products and services", i.e. that it has become business. This would appear to me to be moving away from the simplicity of what God is.

I am not saying teaching morality is bad, it is just another area where the BKWSU is a hundreds shades of grey to suit themselves. Funny that it is "values" education and not "ethics" education. And, as Arjun says, how can an organization teach "values" if at the same time they are beating people up?

arjun

PBK

Post24 Oct 2006

ex-l wrote:Now to ask for, and receive grants, to do "Godly service" and initiate individuals into Raja Yoga under cover raises ethical questions in my mind. From the Brahmin point of view it is not right ... am I not correct to say? I thought it was against Shrimat to ask for money for Raja Yoga.

"Even in the exhibition it must be explained that we are establishing our own kingdom through our own income, our own body, mind and wealth. We do not beg. There is no need at all. Numerous Brothers and Sisters gather to establish the kingdom. You collect a crore (rupees) and destroy yourself; we collect every pie (a hundredth of a rupee) and become the masters of the world. It is such a wondeful matter." - (Sakar Murli published by BKs and narrated by Father Shiv through the medium of Brahma Baba).

Well, who is collecting crores and who is collecting pies?

Who is begging directly or indirectly and who is establishing their own kingdom through their own income?

With regards,
OGS,
Arjun

Return to Commonroom