BK Food issues

for ex-BKs to discuss matters related to experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.

andrey

PBK

Post11 Jun 2007

"Some have the spirit of lust, others have the evil spirit of greed. Sometimes, when they see good food, they are tempted by that. When they see someone selling roasted chick peas, they will want to eat some. Then if you eat those, because you are weak, you quickly become affected and your intellect is corrupted ... you should eat whatever you receive from the Yagya considering that to be very sweet. You must not get tempted. Yoga is also needed. If there is not Yoga you will say, "I should eat this otherwise i will fall ill." revised Sakar Murli spoken by the supreme Father Shiva through the mouth of BB revised on 5.2.04

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post11 Jun 2007

What a load of rubbish. BK life is built around yummy food.

If you were really soul-conscious you'd eat basic plain food and give the money saved to the bhandara.

andrey

PBK

Post13 Jun 2007

Dear Brother,

We already know many of the shortcomings that are there in the Brahmin familly. Yes, how things should be, this is important is not it.

mitra

BK

Post13 Jun 2007

mr green wrote:What a load of rubbish. BK life is built around yummy food. If you were really soul-conscious you'd eat basic plain food and give the money saved to the bhandara.

In Madhuban you can get VIP toli, i.e. sweets, to distribute to any of your VIP friends. This is only for VIP service.

Shiv Baba's message has to reach to all the sections of people in the society. This includes VIP souls also.

IBHS, MITRA 8)

paulkershaw

ex-BK

Post13 Jun 2007

mitra wrote:In Madhuban you can get VIP toli, i.e. sweets, to distribute to any of your VIP friends. This is only for VIP service. Shiv Baba's message has to reach to all the sections of people in the society. This includes VIP souls also.

The best way to a mans heart is through his stomach ...

bansy

Post13 Jun 2007

In Madhuban you can get VIP toli, i.e. sweets, to distribute to any of your VIP friends. This is only for VIP service.
Shiv Baba's message has to reach to all the sections of people in the society. This includes VIP souls also.

I agree "VIPs" also need ShivBab's message, but in God's eyes are we not all God's children? So should we all sit on the same dinner table together, whether VIP or Dadi or not?

By the way, what is "VIP" toli? How is it different to the "non VIP" toli?

arjun

PBK

Post13 Jun 2007

Sister Bansy wrote:By the way, what is "VIP" toli? How is it different to the "non VIP" toli?

I have eaten both VIP tolis and non-VIP tolis given at or sent out from Madhuban, Mt. Abu. So, I think mohan thaal, various barfis, etc fit the VIP bill, while tosha and murmura fit the non-VIP bill. I know that for the non-Indians, and even many Indians, it is difficult to make out the difference by reading these names but when you taste the VIP tolis, it will definitely not be possible to remain/attain the stage of 'ichha maatram avidya' (a stage where one does not even know what is meant by desires).

The VIPs that these tolis are meant for include not just non-BK VIPs (to invite them) but also BK VIPs (to prevent them from leaving), and also ex-BK VIPs (who may be offered these tolis to join them again). But I know that it is the ordinary non-VIP BKs who value the ordinary toli the most and eat it/share it with utmost devotion thinking it to be God's gift.

Exactly opposite to this, the PBKs are not offered any toli at any of the daily, weekly or monthly gatherings. Only the outstation PBKs coming to attend the Murli classes are offered simple food.

Food-wise, BKs are like Shrinath temple (in Western India) and Lord Venkateshwara temple (in Southern India) whereas PBKs are like Jagannath Temple (in Eastern India) and Vaishno Mata temple (in Northern India).

At Shrinath Temple (dedicated to Shri Krishna), devotees offer 36-108 varieties of sweets and other dishes, which can also be purchased from the priests by other devotees. At Lord Venkateshwara Temple (dedicated to Vishnu) devotees get delicious and costly laddus. One laddu per devotee is free, but for every additional laddu, the devotees have to pay a particular amount. In our Brahmin world, also Thursday bhogs and Brahma Bhojans also come at a premium. In the centers of big cities, there is a competition as to who donates and organizes better bhogs and Brahma bhojans.

At Jagannath Temple (dedicated to Shri Krishna) devotees get cooked rice while at Vaishno Devi Temple (dedicated to Vaishno Devi) devotees get dry murmura mixed with sugar candy and some cheap 'dry' fruits.

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post14 Jun 2007

It shows that the BKs are obsessed with status.

bansy

Post14 Jun 2007

Thanks for the toli breakdown, Arjunbhai.

How about "halva", is that VIP or nonVIP, and I wonder if the toli in Shantivan is distributed differently to that from Gyan Sarovar and Pandav Bhavan due to the double foreigners (i.e. non Indians) residing in the latter complexes.

alladin

no label

sugar and fried foods addiction+ overcoocked

Post14 Jun 2007

Mr. Green, I love you and agree with you. May I add that BK food has also been unhealthy especially in the past. Health food was regarded as "Bhakti". Health freaks, people who do sports = ajamil sinners, not good BKs. OK, things have improved a bit, but I personally still wear those stigmas about "eat what Baba gives you!!" some Nazi BK senior barked at me, and this was and partly still is the consciousness. The VIP toli and the rest is just ridiculous :roll:.

Sorry, I am on vacation and don't have a PC most of the time, so get back to you on this and other topics. Love to all.

arjun

PBK

Post15 Jun 2007

Omshanti.

BKs' VIP toli seems to have had a positive effect yesterday when the Governor of Rajasthan Smt. Pratibha Patil, who had recently met Avyakt BapDada, was been chosen by India's ruling coalition as their candidate for election to the post of President of India. If elected she would be the first woman President of India. In this season's Avyakt BapDada meetings, she had promised to a lot of Godly service. In fact, she was holidaying at Mt. Abu when she was given the news about her selection as a candidate for the above post by Sonia Gandhi on telephone.

Earlier another former Governor of Rajasthan, Shri M. Chenna Reddy, who also met Avyakt BapDada did a lot of service (from BK point of view) and probably helped them get the land for Gyan Sarovar Complex.

Another VIP, the former Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh State, who also met Avyakt BapDada, allotted huge pieces of prime land at his state capital Hyderbad and also allowed the BKs to train all the state Government employees in RajYoga.

Although every soul has its own role to play in the drama, VIP toli must have definitely played a role in causing all these Mikes to emerge. Although someone may be a VIP for human beings, but it is not necessary that he/she is a VIP for God. ShivBaba (through Baba Virendra Dev Dixit) says that there is a lot of tactics involved in the internal and external love of God.

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun

mitra

BK

Post15 Jun 2007

8) VIP means very important person. But we, as Shiv Baba's children, are VVVVVVVVIP's [The number of V's is infinity]. As per the tactics of service, if a VIP souls says some thing about some body it will get noticed by all the people in the society.

This Confluence Age is for women. They are the section of people deprived of all rights in the society. So if she becomes the president of India, it is well and good. It is a blessing given by the LORD.

IBHS
MITRA 8)

arjun

PBK

Post15 Jun 2007

Mitra wrote:VIP means very important person . But we as Shiv Baba's children are VVVVVVVVIP's [The no. of V's is infinity]. As per the tactics of service, if a VIP souls says some thing about some body it will get noticed by all the people in the society. This Confluence Age is for women. They are the section of people deprived of all rights in the society. So if she becomes the president of India, it is well and good. It is a blessing given by the LORD.

I agree. But the women today is not deprived of all the rights. You can say 'some/many'.
Sister Bansy wrote:How about "halva", is that VIP or nonVIP, and I wonder if the toli in Shantivan is distributed differently to that from Gyan Sarovar and Pandav Bhavan due to the double foreigners (i.e. non Indians) residing in the latter complexes.

Since Halwa is a quickly perishable dish, it is to be consumed very soon after preparation. So, it is served hot, like in Gurudwaras. The Sikhs prepare it better than the BKs with the halwa being prepared in lots of pure ghee. :D :P :D

As regards the toli offered at Shantivan or Gyan Sarovar, I have no idea because I last visited Mt. Abu when both these complexes did not exist. Or perhaps only the lotus-shaped meditation hall existed at Shantivan during my last visit in early 1990s.

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun.

arjun

PBK

Post25 Jul 2007

"Baap kahtey hain ki sirf Baap aur varsey ko Yaad karo. Bas aur khaan-paan kay parhez kee yuktiyaan bhi bataatey hain. Parhez ke liye bahut prakaar kee yuktiyaan bhi rakh saktey hain. Tabeeyat theek nahee hai, doctor nay manaa kee hai. Bachha aap kahtey ho toh ham fal ley letey hain. Apna bachaav karney ke liye aisa kahnaa koi jhooth nahee hai. Baba manaa nahee kartey hain. Aisey bachhon kee talaash may Baba hain, jo bilkul meethey hon, koi purana swabhaav nahee hona chaahiye. Serviceable, vafaadaar, firmaanbirdaar." (Brahmakumariyon dwara prakaashit revised Sakar Murli, dinaank 20.6.07, pg 4)

"Baba says that just remember the Father and the inheritance. That is all and He also tells the tactics for precautions related to food. Many tactics can be employed for precaution. 'I am not feeling well, the doctor has restrained me. OK, if you say, I will take fruits.' Telling like this in order to safeguard oneself does not mean speaking lies. Baba does not restrain you. Baba is in search of such children, who are very sweet; they should not have any old nature. Serviceable, loyal, obedient." (Revised Sakar Murli dated 20.06.07, pg 4 published by BKs in Hindi, translated by a PBK, narrated by ShivBaba through Brahma Baba)

arjun

PBK

Post16 Aug 2007

"Baap samjhaatey hain bachhey, Yoga may rahnaa hai. Achchey jo yogi hotey hain vah 4-5 din bhojan na bhi khaavein toh bhi unko parvaah nahee rahtee hai. Bahut khushi may rahtey hain. Avastha aisi rahnee chaahiye. Dekhnaa hai merey may kisi cheez ka lobh toh nahee hai." (Brahmakumariyon dwara prakaashit revised Sakar Murli, dinaank 14.04.07, pg 3)

"Baba explains - Children, you must remain in Yoga. Those who are good yogis do not care even if they do not eat for 4-5 days. They remain very happy. The stage should be like that. One must check - Do I have greed for any thing?" (Revised Sakar Murli dated 14.04.07, pg 3 published by BKs in Hindi, translated by a PBK, narrated by ShivBaba through Brahma Baba)
PreviousNext

Return to Commonroom