BK institution to change its name?

for ex-BKs to discuss matters related to experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: BK institution to change its name??????

Post12 Jun 2008

As note on some BKWSU websites, a new logo. The question remains ...is the BK institution to change its name??? I have also seen "Brahma Kumaris Meditation Association" and so may be they are trying a few new ones out right now?

BK_newname.png
BK_newname.png (44.8 KiB) Viewed 3790 times

arjun

PBK

Re: BK institution to change its name??????

Post13 Jun 2008

Quoted from the BK Section of this forum:

"Yah hai God Fatherly University. Aim object kya hai? Manushya say devtaa banana. Bachchon ko yah nishchay hai ki hamko yah ban-na hai. Jisko nishchay hee nahee hoga vah school ay baithega kya? Nishchay hoga toh Barrister say, Surgeon say seekhega. Aim object ka hee pataa nahee toh aayega nahee." (Brahmakumariyon dwara prakaashit revised Sakar Murli, dinaank 08.02.08, pg 2)

“This is a God Fatherly University. What is the aim object? To transform human beings to deities. Children have the faith that we have to become this. Will the one who does not have faith sit in the school? If he has faith he will learn from a Barrister, from a Surgeon. If one does not know about his aim and objective at all, then he will not come.” (Revised Sakar Murli dated 08.02.08, pg 2 published by BKs in Hindi, narrated by ShivBaba through Brahma Baba; translated by a PBK; the words within brackets in the English version have been added by the translator to clarify the meaning)

alladin

no label

organisation?????????

Post14 Jun 2008

Hi. Rather than "organization", I would call it a dis-organisation. Sometimes it's due to fatalism or being over busy in distributing benefit here and there. Trains and planes are missed, programs are cancelled or changed. It's true that sometime miracles happen and the impossible becomes possible, but also the seeming possible becomes unrealistic and can be achieved only through strenuous work rather than easiness. Generating vibrations of stress, not peace!

Baba and the SS managers have ambitious mega programs they expect children to implement. Hands are often insufficient. BKs try their best to cope and please and, luckily, some tireless hardworking troops accept to take the nuts from the fire. Whether it's due to stupidity or a deep understanding about good karma, it's not up to me to judge. I just know that I burnt my paws many times for them and at some stage I refused to do it any longer. I found out it hurts and I am not interested in playing the martyr in this life.

Here's another instructive Aesop's Fable: (Pull a person's chestnuts out of the fire. Take the chestnuts out of the fire with the cat's paw.)
Aesop wrote:THE MONKEY AND THE CAT.

A Monkey and a Cat lived in the same family, and it was hard to tell which was the greater thief. One day, as they were roaming together, they spied some chestnuts roasting in the ashes of a fire. "Come," said the cunning Monkey, "we shall not go dinnerless to-day. Your claws are better than mine for the purpose; pull the chestnuts out of the ashes, and you shall have half." Puss pulled them out, burning her paws very much in doing so. When she had stolen every one, she turned to the Monkey for her share of the booty; but, to her chagrin, she found no chestnuts, for he had eaten them all. A thief cannot be trusted even by another thief.

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: BK institution to change its name?

Post03 Jul 2008

How does the BKWSU just manage to escape this law? Does it care? Does India care?
Government of India wrote:
THE UNIVERSITY GRANTS COMMISSION ACT, 1956.
CHAPTER IV, Section 23. Prohibition of the use of the word “University” in certain cases.

23. No institution, whether a corporate body or not, other than a University established or incorporated by or under a Central Act, a Provincial Act or a State Act shall be entitled to have the word “University” associated with its name in any manner whatsoever: Provided that nothing in this section shall, for a period of two years from the commencement of this Act, apply to an institution which, immediately before such commencement, had the word “University” associated with its name.

24. Whoever contravenes the provisions of section 22 or section 23 shall be punishable with fine which may extend to one thousand rupees, and if the person contravening is an association or other body of individuals, every member of such association or other body who knowingly or wilfully authorises or permits the contravention shall be punishable with fine which may extend to one thousand rupees.
Attachments
ugc_act.pdf
Government of India Act
(463.72 KiB) Downloaded 435 times
Previous

Return to Commonroom