World population continues to grow ... BKWSU is aghast

for ex-BKs to discuss matters related to experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.

abrahma kumar

friends or family of a BK

Post14 Jul 2007

Hi Arjun,

we discussed this letter of faith sometime back so thanks for the attempt at recollection. Arjun, as i take that as an approximation of the gist of the letter of faith, i wonder why we get the oblox regarding the 2 human beings in our committment to have all relationships with God? This sounds more like a sworn allegiance to an organisation and its figureheads.

At what stage in one's study does this letter of faith get written or signed? The exact text would be great to read.

Regards

abrahma kumar

Re: 6.6 Billions and rising ...

Post23 Jul 2007

According to the International Programs Center, U.S. Census Bureau, the total population of the World, projected to 07/04/07 at 09:43 GMT (EST+5) is 6,607,121,704 and rising.

bansy

Post27 Jul 2007

Hi Abek et al,

You may like this website; Worldclock

The only stats missing is "No of BKs" :P.

abrahma kumar

Post27 Jul 2007

bansy wrote:You may like this website ...

I do indeed.

abrahma kumar

6.6 Billions and rising ...

Post10 Sep 2007

abrahma Kumar wrote:According to the International Programs Center, U.S. Census Bureau, the total population of the World, projected to 07/04/07 at 09:43 GMT (EST+5) is 6,617,424,070 and rising.

abrahma kumar

6.8 Billions and rising

Post01 Oct 2007

According to the International Programs Center, U.S. Census Bureau, the total population of the World, projected to 07/04/07 at 09:43 GMT (EST+5) is 6,621,821,254 and rising.

arjun

PBK

Re: World population continues to grow ... BKWSU is aghast

Post20 Oct 2008

Omshanti. Somewhere in the PBK Section members were discussing about the mention of the world population in the Murlis. It was assumed that the world population predicted by ShivBaba through Brahma Baba was around 5 billions whereas it has reached upto 7 billion today. But I have found a point in a Murli published by BKs and narrated by ShivBaba through Brahma Baba which says:
"5-6 sau karod aatmaen hain, sabhi kee jeevan kahani toh nahee bataayengey na. Mukhya kee hee bataayengey." (Revised Sakar Murli dinaank 21.4.08, pg.3)

"There are 5-6 billion souls. Everyone's life story will not be narrated, is not it? Life story of the main ones will only be narrated." (Revised Sakar Murli dated 21.4.08, pg.3)

ex-l

ex-BK

Post21 Oct 2008

It is a year on since abrahma Kumar posted. The world population is now said to be; 6,731,584,660.

Of course we do not know what the honest and accurate quote in the Murli was because, presumably, it has been edited at some point to make the god of the BKs look good like the rest. I think from the quotes it is a bit much to extract that the body count only counts those with "churning capacities" and the more likely truth is that Lekhraj Kirpalani was not god, is not Brahma, and did not know.

http://www.census.gov/main/.in/popclocks.inc

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post22 Oct 2008

Yes, there can be no doubt to those with an open mind that he was not god.

bansy

Post22 Oct 2008

Frankly I am not too worried about the population numbers, but what I am concerned is (depending on whether you use 5 billion or 6 billion as base in Murlis) is what are the excess 1 or 2 billion or so souls called? Or are they not souls at all? Are they simply in a species where there is no hope for redemption? Are these living creatures not even entitled to the classification of "soul" . Then what is a soul then? Does this mean that when I walk out of the door and get on a bus, there is a 1 in 14 to 1 in 16 chance that the "blob" sitting next to me is a mere piece of ... errrrr ... blob ? How spiritual is that ? Or rather how elevated thinking is that ?

Should I give drishti to this "blob". And where do these blobs go during Destruction ? Blob World ?

Maybe that blob sitting opposite me on the subway train also thinks that I am a blob too. As you know, the mirror ...

(And, folks, no need to put up an image of The Blob here :D. Excerpt from wiki : The Blob is an amorphous creature from outer space which lands on Earth encased in a meteor. Two teenagers, Steve Andrews (McQueen) and Jane Martin (Corsaut) take a car to try to find where the meteor has landed. Meanwhile, an elderly man (Olin Howland) has heard the meteor crash near his house. He goes outside and upon finding it pokes it with a stick. The rock breaks open and he finds a small mass of jelly-like substance inside. This "blob", which is actually a living creature, crawls up the stick and attaches itself to his hand ... ).

arjun

PBK

Post22 Oct 2008

Sister bansy wrote:Does this mean that when I walk out of the door and get on a bus, there is a 1 in 14 to 1 in 16 chance that the "blob" sitting next to me is a mere piece of ....errrrr.... blob ? How spiritual is that ? Or rather how elevated thinking is that ?

From a BK/PBK point of view, it can be said that since nobody can claim that they have achieved perfection so far, nobody can claim that they are one of those first five billions or one of those remaining 2 billions. So, there is no question of seeing the person sitting next to you as a ... You could as well think that the person sitting next to you is going to be or was a deity. :D.

pilatus

non-BK

Post22 Oct 2008

So now in addition to the mr green (aka cake) Kumaris we have the Sister bansy blobs (or even mr blobby's)... :D

ex-l

ex-BK

Post22 Oct 2008

arjun wrote:You could as well think that the person sitting next to you is going to be or was a deity. :D.

Or you could get on a different bus ...

atheistbus.jpg
atheistbus.jpg (27.34 KiB) Viewed 14624 times
Professor Dawkins (author of "The God Delusion") said: "Religion is accustomed to getting a free ride - automatic tax breaks, unearned respect and the right not to be offended, the right to brainwash children.

This campaign to put alternative slogans on London buses will make people think - and thinking is anathema to religion. "Even on the buses, nobody thinks twice when they see a religious slogan plastered across the side. "This campaign to put alternative slogans on London buses will make people think - and thinking is anathema to religion."

Hanne Stinson, chief executive of the British Humanist Aassociation, said: "We see so many posters advertising salvation through Jesus or threatening us with eternal damnation, that I feel sure that a bus advert like this will be welcomed as a breath of fresh air. "If it raises a smile as well as making people think, so much the better.

The fundraising target: £5,500.00. Donations so far: £ 73,498 and climbing. Dawkins offered to match donations up to a somewhat ungenerous £5,000 given that his book has sold over 2 million copies. Not necessarily my position but entertaining all the same.
Previous

Return to Commonroom