The Noble Dignity of leaving Gyan

for ex-BKs to discuss matters related to experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.

bro neo

ex-BK

The Noble Dignity of leaving Gyan

Post19 Apr 2007

So much has been documented about the pain and turmoil of being an ex-BK. Let us look at the other side of the coin. The personal greatness that comes from a person who first of all gives up the world, their family, their friends, their body, mind and soul in the name of the highest truth. And then, when that truth turns out to be questionable, we give everything up, AGAIN. This time not to go to some candy coated heaven with Radhe and Krishna as our kindergarten play mates, but to a world of abandoned relationships. A world of uncertainties. Of death with no absolute life. A world of not knowing, all for the sake of an inner need for truth.

This is so beautiful, tears welled up in my eyes as I thought about it today. :cry: We give up everything because deep inside we won’t settle for a questionable reality, we rather go into the unknown, the darkness that could lead to nothing and search for the truth for the sake of our soul’s salvation. This is love. This is the highest noblest fire of self sacrificing love.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post19 Apr 2007

It is indeed a noble act that people step out from a complete faith and way of life because the truth means more than staying.

driedexbk

ex-BK

Post20 Apr 2007

Awesome conclusion, Mr. Green!

bro neo

ex-BK

Post30 Apr 2007

According to the Bible, Job was a man of such devotion, that Satan was allowed by God to test his faith. Job's children were killed, his possessions destroyed and he was afflicted with a plague from head to toe. But to the displeasure of Satan, Job had not expressed anger at God nor questioned his undying devotion.

Eventually Job was rewarded by God for his steadfastness, giving to him even more possessions than he had previously had. Job died an extremely wealthy man, with many camels and children.

I am not getting all Christian on everybody, but ...

what if ... the whole BK and ex-BK life ... was all just a test.

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post30 Apr 2007

If only.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post30 Apr 2007

bro neo wrote:Eventually Job was rewarded by God for his steadfastness, giving to him even more possessions than he had previously had. Job died an extremely wealthy man, with many camels and children.

But God did not do a lot for Job's original wife and kids, did he? Back to the good old, sexist days of the Old Testament ... but reading these latest post by the family of BKs, may be it is the same old God as before? "Screw the family and friends, leave and increase your inheritance (take the family wealth as you go)". The nobility of the BKs ...

bro neo

ex-BK

Post01 May 2007

8) Yeah, I haven’t been able to stomach the whole 'Test' theory for more then a few minutes after leaving the BKs. It pisses me off way to much to think some Higher Power is out there testing our tolerance capacity.

Caroline Myss supports the theory though. That's one of the reasons I cannot stomach her audio lectures anymore. In one of them she talks about how a person's personal Angel is using suffering to teach them tolerance. That would explain my inproportionately and mathematically impossible horrific ordeal in the stock market recently alright.

Of course, from a perspective of spiritual evolution, there maybe some validity to it. That is, we have to develop certain qualities in order for out spirits to evolve further.

Another concept Myss talks about is the Dark Night of the Soul. Where the person seems to have been abandoned by God, and is in a transition period between a power level. She shares her own experience when she first started getting her intuitive powers. She was going through hell with her church and family and the whole process of developing faith in herself and her new powers.

I think development is a much less abrasive way at looking at things. It has been my experience that Higher Power has little sympathy for my feelings though. So a test is not out of the question as I see it.

bro neo

ex-BK

Post26 May 2007

The latest powerful dignifying thought I have had about leaving the BKs.

Being part of the BKs was great. It was a truly empowering experience on some levels. Being within that group gave me tribal power that I could have not gotten any other way. Eventually, however the time came for me to develop my Individual power, hence I left and stumbled around in the dark until now I am finally getting some and learning to walk on my own.

And that’s the Dark Night of the Soul folks.

Next, par Caroline Myss's definition, is the Power of Symbolism

alladin

no label

Amrit Vela

Post30 May 2007

I know this may sound nonsensical to any ortodox BKs who may read it, but everyday I bless Baba and Drama for this Forum to exist and support me through its members in many ways. Namely, in essence: studying and churning Gyan more deeply and regularily, elevated, open and honest sharing with spiritual friends, and company, resuming Amrit Vela with easiness and having good experiences and bringing new vitality in my relationship with Baba.

I heard from other Forum members that they had a similar experience, as if Baba caught them and pulled them back as they were drifting away, through the Forum. So this doesn't feel like an "anti" activity at all! Rather, very beneficial! Enough for now?

Om Shanti. (Should this post not fit in the topic, feel free to move it where appropriate!! thank you)

joel

ex-BK

Re: Amrit Vela

Post30 May 2007

alladin wrote:[...] everyday I bless Baba and Drama for this Forum to exist and support me through its members in many ways ... So this doesn't feel like an "anti" activity at all! Rather, very beneficial!.

Yes, one of the positive places where I can feel secure expressing myself among others who accept me.

bro neo

ex-BK

Post08 Jul 2007

|Image|

The thunder struck tower is usually interpreted as destruction, devastation and ruin but if you look at the card the people are not dead and the crown is still intact. The old tower is in devastation, tremendous damage and loss is incurred. But often this is the price for reformation, transformation and higher truths.

The price of dignity in a truer breed.

paulkershaw

ex-BK

Post09 Jul 2007

Good Anology Neo - thanx for sharing this.

The Tower (in Tarot) is seen as the worst in the pack, with many people dreading its appearance.

The High Priestess (No II) in Tarot is seen as the most powerful.

I've often thought that when we all go through the Tower syndrome in our lives, it's because we've reached the pinnacle (or height) of certain processes within and without (or the High Priestess mode) then the Tower will naturally come about. If its cyclical then we'd have to once again go through the card on top of the pack, named The Fool (basically means; return to innocence) but this card then serves as the Alpha and The Omega, the beginning and the end, so the Tower is not the end at all, but a restructuring of what CAN be, of realising and emerging potential.

I'd say it has got some revelance with the journey through BK'dom and back too ... as it would have with many aspects of life in general, i.e the Beginning may mean the need within to return to 'innocence' but once on this path it also begins another internal process of creating the end of that same process as well.

alladin

no label

destruction of old,of falsehood

Post10 Jul 2007

Is that what "freefall" means?

Anytime we can see destruction as "making place" for something new to come, liberation or a creative moment, there's no sadness or fear associated to that word. It reminds me also of some Zen metaphor; strong old trees are not able to bend in the wind, so if a heavy storms comes, they are bound to break; whilst bamboo or other more flexible plants, can bend and survive. So, the apparent strength and inexpugnability of the tower seems to show that anything rigid is vulnerable and may crumble under certain conditions.

bro neo

ex-BK

Post10 Jul 2007

Yeah, paulkershaw, I do love the tarot. I love truth. The deeper, more profound, and more detailed the better. The truth hurts like @#$% but I will take it over ignorance and innocence any day.

What I love about tarot is that it has always opened my mind up to alternative perspectives on things. I only saw it as a serious fortune telling tool, and a literal bless or curse tool, in my adolescence and teenage years. Since the end of my BK days, it has been a tool to see the world from very different mind sets. Every time I do a reading it always wows me. I don't do it very often though.

I am actually not familiar with the term "freefall" alladin, but I totally agree with you about flexibility. I see it as the most important quality for an individual, or species, to survive and flourish in this world.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post10 Jul 2007

bro neo wrote: I only saw it as a serious fortune telling tool and a literal bless or curse tool in my adolescence and teenage years.

Its worth looking at the progress of the card, i.e. 1, 2, 3 ... Jack, Queen, King ... Trump cards etc as stages on the sprititual path. I believe that traditionally it was also used as a teaching aid in this fashion, e.g. we start as The Fool and end up complete as the World.

Likewise, as per astrology, it is also a good exercise for examining the combination of psychological and environmental archetypal states in theory to help us conceive of them in practise, conceiving of those states that are outside and beyond our own limitations.
Next

Return to Commonroom