Euphoric Recall

for ex-BKs to discuss matters related to experiences in BKWSU & after leaving.

bro neo

ex-BK

Euphoric Recall

Post20 Apr 2007

Euphoric recall is a term to describe the positive memory associated with drug addiction, alcoholism, sex addiction and other negative addictive behaviors.

Some people believe they should block out euphoric recall all together, as it can very easily lead to a relapse or reengagement into a unwanted and potentially life threatening behavior one is trying to give up. I don’t. I believe we need to fully acknowledge honestly what ever is inside us before we can let it go and be free inside. Of course if the addiction is sever, the process should be done under observation by a trained professional who has great skill.

Both fully experiencing the experience of the inner reality and then letting it go, as I would let go of hot piece of burning coal in my hand, is a natural but largely unknown process of how to be free from unwanted inner experiences.

The key to this seems to be in the subconscious mind. If I tell you to don’t think of a lemon, nice, yellow, half cut, with juices being squeezed out and the juices causing the whole room to smell of lemons, what does your mind do? It thinks of a lemon. The subconscious doesn’t understand no. Similarly If I ask myself, could you let go of an emotion or a belief the subconscious will automatically conjure up the ‘delete emotion-belief program’. If could and would based questions are asked, they can also break through the initial resistance the mind usually has with following orders. For example if you tell a child to clean up his room, he goes to watch TV instead. And finally if we ask ourselves ‘When can you let go of this experience?”, It is inviting the self to do it now.

I went off a bit on a tangent on bro neo’s theory on how to reach the Karmateet stage for ex-BKs, but the main topic here is sharing your euphoric recall of BK life. Ex-BKs, If your worried about relapse perhaps this topic is not for you.

The top 3 things I miss most about being a BK are:
    3: Spiritual Arrogance (Hmpt! I mean self respect). Sure was nice being better then everyone else with the chance to be greater then God.

2: Celibacy. It was so easy to be celibate in mind and body (not so easy in dreams) when in the BKWSU, because God said so. Don’t worry about suppression or repression of libido, if cancer comes up, it’s just drama. Say what you want about BK life, I was never more productive. I owe it all to being Celibate. I can’t do it now. Not yet anyways. Far from it. The pull of sex has been said to be 500 times stronger then heroine. I do seem to be making progress though, with the method mentioned above. I’m not saying sex and lust is necessarily bad, but just that it dominates me so in my afterlife.

1: All relationships with the One. Wasn’t that just apsolutely wonderful. The perfect parents, the perfect siblings, the perfect friend, the perfect wife and lover, and the perfect God. So ideal, totally perfect in accordance with my personal preference. Writing about this is kind of making me sick to the stomach because all this is impossible in the real world. We have to learn to love the wife completely even though she’s been with more guys then I want to know about, them contaminating her with all their Iron Aged germs. And she could leave and file for divorce taking house and home from under my feet just because Brad Pitt tells her to.

bro neo

ex-BK

Post24 Apr 2007

Another thing I really miss about being a BK is the absolute certainty of everything, especially our purpose in life and the universal plan. Going from all knowing, to not knowing has its dark moments.

Often I wish for some other absoluteness of what is, but I have developed into quite the skeptic with faith only in the empirical. The horror of this is that since little can be proven about the meaning of life ... well, it can be quite depressing.

Return to Commonroom