Rape motive suspected in BK killing - RIP BK Dawn Griggs

for concern over cult-related damage, institutional abuse & psychological problems.

ex-l

ex-BK

Rape motive suspected in BK killing - RIP BK Dawn Griggs

Post05 May 2008

Explain this.

This is God promising to the BKs no one can harm even one hair on "your" head.
6/7/1981 Avyakt Bap - Dada Revision Course Murli

Bap Dada is with you. No one can do anything to you. They cannot do anything! it has been said that the kittens remained safe even though they were in the burning furnace. Nothing happened to them.

They cannot harm even one hair on your head. It is not an ordinary being that is with you. It is the Almighty Authority.

Note, this BK was carrying $8,000 when she arrived in India to visit the BKWSU center in Madhuban. That seems like an awful lot of cash to be carrying ... and they never told us about that. Did they have her taking it in cash-cash to Mount Abu?
Pratap Chakravarty wrote:Rape motive suspected in Indian killing - March 21, 2004 The Sun-Herald

Rape may have been the motive for the murder of Dawn Griggs, say police who are questioning an airport taxi driver over the strangling of the 59-year-old Australian.

A court has remanded taxi driver Jyotish Prasad, 24, to eight days in custody to give police time to interrogate him over the killing of Ms Griggs, who had planned to enrol in a Hindu meditation course. Police were also hunting for an accomplice in the death of Ms Griggs, who was last seen alive on Thursday when she arrived from Sydney at New Delhi's Indira Gandhi International Airport and took a taxi.

A senior homicide police official, who described Ms Griggs's killing as "savage", said: "Prima facie, it appears the attacker and at least one accomplice planned to rape her and killed her in a panic when she put up resistance.

"From the easy recovery of her baggage, including her money belt with its cash intact, it seems robbery may not have been the motive."

Ms Griggs was carrying $8000 when she arrived in India from Hong Kong.

New Delhi airport runs a system under which arriving passengers hire taxis by paying fixed prices in advance. Police note the licence numbers of the taxis under a system aimed at preventing overcharging as well as ensuring safety. The body of Ms Griggs, a Brisbane-based author and career counsellor, was found in a deserted field just hours after she took a taxi from the airport. The taxi driver was arrested soon after.

Some of her property, including her published book Spirit Of Learning, had been dumped in a dry well near the death scene. Ms Griggs was a pioneer of the Spirit Of Learning movement in Australia. She had taken a break after completing her second book.

An autopsy showed Ms Griggs had been stabbed, gagged and strangled. It showed no sign she had been sexually attacked.

Thorns were embedded in her palms and the soles of her feet were cut, indicating she put up strong resistance, the police official said.

"It looks like they killed her in a panic," he said.

Police and the Australian High Commission would not comment on newspaper reports that said Ms Griggs's body would be flown home this weekend. The mission said it was in contact with police over the investigation into Ms Griggs's death and had informed her family. "We're shocked and saddened by her death," a high commission spokesman said.

Police said a letter in Ms Griggs's luggage showed she planned to enrol with a chapter of a Hindu sect called Brahmakumari, or Daughters of the Creator. She had planned to stay in India until April 20.

Ms Griggs, who lived in Mosman in the 1990s, had previously worked in China and France. Her first teaching job was instructing maximum security prisoners in English.

The Brahmakumari, founded in 1937 and supported entirely by a female membership, believes those who are celibate and meditate will enjoy the fruits of paradise following the world's destruction.

Ms Griggs is the third expatriate woman to be attacked in the Indian capital in recent months, but the first to be killed.

BK killer.jpg
BK killer.jpg (22.64 KiB) Viewed 25352 times

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: Rape motive suspected in Indian killing - RIP Dawn Griggs

Post05 May 2008

From Kindred magazine.
The Spirit of Learning Conference held in Australia last September brought together some of the most progressive thinkers of our time whose passion is to redefine education so that it more adequately reflects the heart/mind relationship.

The organiser of the conference was educator and author Dawn Griggs who took great personal and financial risk to launch the event. She was articulate about education supporting the integration of the many intelligences reflected in learning. In March, Dawn's life tragically ended in a violent attack while overseas. It is in her honour, and in honour of her work, that we have renamed the education section of byronchild, the spirit of learning.

After her death, many newspaper reporters called me to ask me about Dawn's life. I was amazed at how many tried to draw a parallel between her life and the violent way in which she died. ‘How can a woman so dedicated to peace and human spirit have died in such a way?'

ex-l

ex-BK

Post05 May 2008

griggs_bks.jpg
griggs_bks.jpg (7.64 KiB) Viewed 25503 times
Dawn Griggs wrote:"Spirit of learning can be seen as a seat, which has, through indirect means and cross-fertilisation helped nourish thinking and commitment to the process of personal transformation amongst a growing spectrum of lifelong learners and teachers.

In a broad sense, it is concerned with the recreation of new ways of seeing, being and behaving in the world, so that we can each contribute positively and consciously to creating a better and sustainable future.

Consequently, education and educators must become more global and future oriented, and emphasise humanity's deep spiritual interdependence. I believe those educators and leaders who are awake have the task of leading the way in this kind of thinking and transformation."

"Many educators the world over are united in their belief that an essential role of education today is to help to develop the whole person. Dawn Grigg's book represents a firm step in that direction." - Dr Jane Arnold: University of Seville, Spain

"Dawn's work of his groundbreaking and has inspired many to rethink learning and education. It is exciting to see a new paradigm emerging through the spirit of learning that confirms my own passion for life learning both as a professional and as a parent." - Kali Wendor: Editor and publisher, byronchild magazine and parent

"Dawn's book makes an important contribution in helping us to reflect on our own spirituality and how it can be the basis for all our teaching, learning and living." - Dr David Smith: Education consultant and author; formally Associate Professor and Associate Dean, Faculty of Education, University of Sydney and co-founder of 'Spirit of Learning' Inc

"Dawn's work provides wonderful insights for teacher education. Spirit of Learning presents a range of opportunities for young teachers and lecturers to focus on their inner self." - Dr Neil Davidson: Spirituality Educator and Researcher, That of Social Ecology & Lifelong Learning, UWS, Sydney

"Dawn is an educator with passion, energy and vision. As a result of her journey of spirit of learning and as a teacher she educator students hearts and spirits, not just their minds." - Rebecca Alderton: Teacher/Trainer Hong Kong

ex-l

ex-BK

Post05 May 2008

Andrew Stevenson wrote:New-age author murdered in Delhi taxi robbery - March 19, 2004

Dawn Griggs went to India for a break, something she had done many times before. This time, however, she found sudden violence. Ms Griggs, 57, flew into New Delhi from Brisbane on Tuesday, touching down at 1.55am and catching a pre-paid taxi to the city. She never made it and the taxi driver, Jyotish Prasad, 24, has been charged with her murder.

Ms Griggs fought her assailant when he tried to rob her, according to the Joint commissioner of police (operations), S.K. Chowdhury. Quoted by The Times of India, Mr Chowdhury said: "He thought she was an easy victim, since she was alone."

In his statement to the police, Prasad said that he decided to rob Ms Griggs after noticing the heavy jewellery she was wearing. The driver took Ms Griggs to an area of forest behind the airport, where he tried to strangle her. When she fought back, Prasad took out his screwdriver and stabbed her three times before taking her personal belongings, shoes and passport, The Times reported. A post-mortem was expected to be undertaken last night.

Ms Griggs was a long-time member of the Brahma Kumaris Yoga movement and a frequent visitor to its ashram at Mount Abu in Rajasthan. She intended visiting the ashram and also travelling to Sri Lanka. Learning was Ms Grigg's passion, culminating in the third international Soul in Education conference, which she helped organise in Byron Bay last year.

At the conference, Ms Griggs, an English-language teacher who has also worked in China, launched her book Spirit of Education, which grew from a masters thesis at the University of Western Sydney. With the conference a success, Ms Griggs had wanted a break, said a close friend, Sher Moses.

"She went to [BKWSU headquarters in] India for a sabbatical, to just leave everything behind," Ms Moses said.

"None of us can believe it. We were sitting around this morning stunned: how could this happen?

"She wouldn't have imagined anything like this could happen. She wouldn't have had any thoughts like this."

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: Rape motive suspected in Indian killing - RIP BK Dawn Griggs

Post05 May 2008

Its sounds like she was quite a seminar thinker for the Brahm Kumaris, hence the trauma over the loss, and she was taking BK service into schools and prisons. Note the subtle plug for the BKWSU via the "Values in Education" programme without mentioning it was a BK thing.

From, The Spirit of Things.
Dawn Emelie Griggs, a Byron Bay-based author and learning consultant, speaking with Rachael Kohn.

Dawn Emelie Griggs: I think the chief lesson as a teacher, was that you can’t really control circumstances outside of yourself. You can’t control your lessons, you have to be prepared to get in touch with the person and your class, whoever they are, at another level other than the obvious, and other than what we’d be trained to teach. So it’s kind of looking beyond even the walls of the prison and trying to make a connection with that soul, that person, beneath the body and beneath the exterior, and trying to make a connection. That’s to me probably at a deeper level, what I think about a lot and what has guided me along the way, and realising that we’re all so different and unique, but we’re also very connected, because we’re simply part of the human race.

Rachael Kohn: I guess connecting, particularly to prisoners, at an emotional level is pretty difficult, because they would have all sorts of defences; is it those defences that you work at trying to overcome, so that people will be open to learning?

Dawn Emelie Griggs: Absolutely. And you can imagine, many of the prisoners and perhaps most of them, had negative experiences at school, or in their home, and they were battling all kinds of emotional, psychological conditioning perhaps, even more than most. So their self-esteem in terms of what they can learn, just basic lessons and information, is really low. So we started at that level, and I find that that’s a thread that goes through all my teaching to this day, no matter who I teach, it’s just varying degrees. So there’s a whole area around self-esteem, and learning, and the belief that I can learn because I’ve had this experience, or I’m this age, or I’m a woman, or I’m old, or whatever.

So this is getting to the core of our beliefs around learning and human potential, and I think that this is the threat that’s really kept me going. So in other words, we are much more than what we think we are.

Rachael Kohn: Well I would guess, Dawn, that education has a surfeit of theories and modules that teachers are always trying to come up with new ways of enhancing learning; how do you think your own approach to education differs from the norm?

Dawn Emelie Griggs: Well currently I’m not working in the system, so in that way I’m working outside the system, working often with teachers and educators, organising this big conference, bringing people together to basically help inspire. And I’m pretty well aware of a lot of the research that’s around in terms of the learning brain, and it does surprise me that given that there is so much and has been so much written, that we’re not really incorporating those findings and that research and understanding of human potential and the way people learn, and learning styles, and that we’re all different. So it’s perhaps that awareness, the short answer, that awareness and that knowledge that I’ve been fascinated with and absorbed myself in over a 10-year period that makes a difference.

Rachael Kohn: Well Dawn I gather from your book that you’ve been influenced by the Brahma Kumaris, a Hindu religious movement that’s become known for its emphasis on inter-faith relations; what did you learn at the Brahma Kumaris University at Mount Abo in India when you went there?

Dawn Emelie Griggs: The main thing I think changed my life was really to start to think about myself as a spiritual being. I don’t actually see Brahma Kumaris as so much a religious movement, but certainly a spiritual education, and for me that had the most impact, to learn that I, underneath my skin and my flesh, I am a soul, or a spiritual being, however you want to call that, and therefore it’s a little bit different to seeing myself as having a soul or having a spirit or whatever, so there’s a deep kind of sense of connection with that knowledge, and along with that teaching was that what is the soul or what is the spiritual being.

And the understanding that I have is that we are made up of different faculties and so that there’s the mind and the brain, and what we’re trying to do when we learn at a deep level, and when we’re trying to evolve and develop ourself, we’re actually trying to work at that level of transformation of bypassing sometimes just the intellect and getting to the core of who we are. So it was like self-knowledge about who we are. And it makes sense to me that at the core of all religions that we are still no matter what we call ourselves, that we’re connected.

Rachael Kohn: Dawn, you practised Yoga, Raja Yoga, was that connected to your method of facilitating learning as opposed to imposing knowledge, which is the usual model that teachers have of themselves in the classroom?

Dawn Emelie Griggs: Yes I think it did, and it didn’t happen overnight, but basically the seed for my journey and spirit of learning was in the classroom with adult migrants and refugees in the prison and also without. And going along on a regular basis to some early morning meditation classes where, and I’d only had the experience of peace and focus, understanding, and lessons about how I can perhaps learn and absorb and stay focused and stay calm and become integrated.

And I was having that experience every day, and so my thoughts were when I would work quite creatively and had good rapport, I think I was a good teacher with my migrants as students, and I thought Well, everyone should know this, everyone should have this basic knowledge that we can actually find something within to control the fears or to work with the stress levels, because everyone in my class despite their enjoyment, still had blocks in some ways about some aspect of their learning.

Rachael Kohn: So did that mean you were actually getting them to do Yoga, to meditate?

Dawn Emelie Griggs: No, I didn’t immediately do that at all. It was just the seed I think of wanting to find a way in which I could perhaps integrate some of those kinds of understandings, and so I think that was the seed, and that led me kind of synchronistically to a whole lot of research about the use of visualisation, relaxation, meditation and many other fascinating elements into the learning process.

So I then went on a journey if you like, which took me around the world and discovered whole mind, whole brain, holistic learning, new paradigm learning, with all its many, many variations. And I got extremely excited because I could see that there were some great parallels with what I was learning in a spiritual sense. So it was then over a period of time I became more confident to use relaxation, visualisation in the classroom, because there were actual models and methods and resources that I could draw on to do that. So I found personally that it took a long time, it still does, it’s still quite something that I feel one has to work on themselves in order to be able to introduce such concepts in a way that’s not threatening to people in the classroom.

Rachael Kohn: Dawn, I think you’re just putting your finger there on a point I wanted to ask you about, and that is why is it that the way one learns is so important?

Dawn Emelie Griggs: Well I think it’s because we are fed so much information, we’re in total, absolute overload of information in our world today, so that what happens is that the mind shuts down, you know, and it doesn’t have any meaning to us. So it’s not changing us from within, it’s not having the meaning unless it’s integrated in some way.

So it was my personal desire and interest to integrate for myself what I was learning whether it was learning as a teacher, or a mother, or a student, that drove me to pursue this journey, and realise that looking, observing, asking questions constantly, having wonderful experiences with all kinds of people, and leading educators, and I would check in to see how I would feel in their workshop of seminar or afterward. So I would check in to say well do I feel empowered by this situation? And that was a kind of more subtle experience of observation because it was my fascination.

Rachael Kohn: That’s Dawn Emelie Griggs, who writes in her book Spirit of Learning that the need to remain the expert at all costs is what teachers and academics find hardest to let go of.

In the rush to find new ways to facilitate learning, both in students and teachers, a lot of new methods are now available.

Dawn, you’re an advocate of something called ‘Suggestology’, also known as accelerated learning. Now I must admit it sounds manipulative, imparting knowledge while affecting people’s emotions. Is it manipulative?

Dawn Emelie Griggs: I don’t think so. I think once again it all depends on the intention of the educator or the facilitator.

Rachael Kohn: And the intention for you is to what, arouse people’s hunger to learn?

Dawn Emelie Griggs: Certainly that’s one of the things, and to arouse their curiosity, to move them out of a state of either apathy or negativity, and to connect with learning in the most general sense, as well as in the formal sense if they’re studying formally.

Rachael Kohn: In your book you’re pretty down on the scientific perspective and the accumulation of knowledge. Did you leave all that behind?

Dawn Emelie Griggs: That’s an interesting observation, because I did draw on science and knowledge in order to write the book, very strongly.

Rachael Kohn: But you do say that the scientific perspective is kind of counterproductive, the accumulation of knowledge for knowledge’s sake, you seem to want to push in the direction of knowledge as a form of wisdom, inculcating wisdom.

Dawn Emelie Griggs: Yes and I certainly am against just the idea of accumulating knowledge for knowledge’s sake. I do promote accumulating knowledge and awareness for the purpose of accumulating wisdom and developing ourselves to our highest potential really, and I feel that that is a shift in the way in which we do things, not necessarily always what we do but how we do it.

Rachael Kohn: In your book Spirit of Learning, you write about how the development of your educational method was linked to your spiritual quest and you’ve certainly talked about that now, particularly your awareness of your higher self. Now that’s an essentially Hindu notion that’s gone over into the human potential movement, but I wonder, what does the higher self mean in educational terms?

Dawn Emelie Griggs: Well for me I think it means experiencing a sense of inner fulfilment, inner satisfaction, a sense of joy really, joy and confidential that I can do things that I never expected I could do. At that level there’s a change and a shift from within, I believe, and that’s certainly my experience, so the sense of higher self is just a sense of the full self, rather than partly educating ourselves, holistic learning and holistic education which ultimately from my experience and observation actually does kind of propel the self into a higher, if you like, or a transformative kind of learning, a trans personal sense. But it’s not one achieves with just a lot of techniques that you do in the classroom.
I think it takes time.

Rachael Kohn: In fact I even wonder whether it’s achievable in the classroom. You yourself are now working outside the classroom; what do you think?

Dawn Emelie Griggs: I think it’s both. So that’s why I’m very interested in promoting the notion of Spirit of Learning for life, and so that I think that we can do things in the classroom, in formal situations, where we can start so people get a sense of Wow, I can do that. Wow, learning is fun, it’s a joy’, and that translates outside the classroom. If it’s experienced enough, people then start to seek things that will bring them joy through learning something new. In the meantime the brain mind is expanding, and so there is a chance, I’m not saying it automatically happens, but with interest and with opening up people’s minds and brains and with right facilitation and situation environment, I think people are hungry for spiritual learning.

Rachael Kohn: It’s interesting. I get the feeling from you that the spirit of learning for life is more an adult perspective. You seem to be saying Come on people, we can learn our whole lives through and it can be exciting, and it can be spiritually enhancing.

Dawn Emelie Griggs: I think that’s right. I am speaking from an adult’s point of view, and most of my teaching has been with adults, although I brought up my son as a single parent, had a lot to do with children, and why I do focus on adults is because I think that’s where we also have to start changing and opening up and expanding our ways in which we teach too. So that if we’re expecting change within the educational system, working towards a new paradigm, then who does that start with? It starts with teacher trainees, teachers, educators, parents, parents are also educators.

Rachael Kohn: Dawn, does that new paradigm allow any room for the old-fashioned educational values of the ability to judge, to discern truth from falsehood, good logic from bad logic, reliable factors from unreliable facts?

Dawn Emelie Griggs: Well absolutely. And for me Spirit of Learning is not one method at all, it’s just more a philosophy and approach and hopefully encouragement and inspiration for people to draw on. Methods and resources, and there is a movement called Values in Education, you might be familiar with, living values, and that involves 40 countries around the world and that’s been tried and tested in schools and it is very much about getting back to the core values.

I guess what I’m really promoting is a sense of need, reminding people that we need to get back to those core values, and developing resources and practical techniques that we can use in the classroom to learn values and incorporate values at the same time of learning information. It’s not either/or, it’s about both, and it’s about integrating.

Rachael Kohn: And it seems to be also about not only the student learning but also the teacher. I got a feeling however from your book that there could be a danger of the teacher focusing a bit too much on his or her own spiritual transformation and perhaps leaving the student behind.

Dawn Emelie Griggs: Yes, that could be read that way, but as I say it’s perhaps my emphasis, because what I’ve observed and experienced over many years is that there is the tendency for teachers, and I include myself there, too, as an educator, to tell others what to do, to tell the children what to do, to tell our students what to do and to talk about spirituality, or if it is that, or to talk about values, but not necessarily be always living them yourself. So I wanted to shift that focus in that way in this particular book, but I think it’s both, so it’s like a simultaneous awareness really that I’m trying to promote.

Rachael Kohn: Dawn you’re involved in the Soul and Education Conference this week from 27th September to the 2nd October, and there’s a significant focus on environment and social ecology. For people who haven’t caught up with this relative newcomer to university courses, how would you describe social ecology?

Dawn Emelie Griggs: That’s a tricky question too, because when I embarked on my Masters it took many of us many, many hours of discussion, What is social ecology? As I see it, it is about the understanding of the interconnectedness of all life and that we as human beings are connected with the environment, and we’re connected with each other and we’re not in isolation, and so therefore if we’re doing science, if we’re doing research, if we’re observing, analysing, writing, whatever, we need to look at our own part in that observation and in that whole scheme of things, so that we can’t, or shouldn’t separate ourselves from what we’re learning, from what we’re studying, what we’re researching, so that we’re all part of a whole. So it’s a holistic view of life and of education. Certainly I’ve been extremely influenced by social ecology and it’s where I did my Masters.

Rachael Kohn: And is Eastern wisdom fairly influential here? You’ve already mentioned your connection to the Brahma Kamaris, but you also often quote Buddhist sources.

Dawn Emelie Griggs: Yes, I haven’t only been influenced by Brahma Kamaris, I think I’ve been influenced by a range of different people who have somehow connected with me as a spiritual being, and that I feel might connect with others, so I’ve included a lot of quotes if you’ve read my book.

Yes, and particularly at the conference it will be a question of whichever tradition people are coming from. They’re coming from perhaps a Buddhist perspective, a Christian perspective, Hindu, whatever, or just from a New Age-y perhaps perspective, but I think my hope and intention is to provide an opportunity to show how connected we all are, and that underneath all of our religions and our traditions and our approaches to education, that there’s some very fundamental values to the way in which human beings learn, and the way in which we can share with each other so that we can see what we’ve got in common, but we can also see the differences, appreciate those differences, cultural differences, learning style differences, our spiritual traditions, and actually learn from each other.

I don’t personally see this conference or my own approach as promoting one way at all. I feel like I’m a great networkers, and have planted some seeds, and it seems like those seeds have taken off and people are very interested.

Rachael Kohn: Well I imagine your book and the conference Soul in Education, will plant quite a few seeds. Dawn Emelie Griggs, thank you so much for being on The Spirit of Things.

Dawn Emelie Griggs: Thank you for having me, Rachael.

Rachael Kohn: That’s Dawn Emelie Griggs, and the conference is Soul in Education, at Lake Ainsworth, near Byron Bay, and her book is Spirit of Learning.

The program was produced by me and Geoff Wood, with technical production this week by Russell Stapleton.

Guests on this program: Dawn Emelie Griggs is a freelance teacher, writer, and learning consultant. She has 18 years experience teaching adult migrants and young students in various institutions within Australia, France and China. She was the founding president of the Accelerative Learning Association (Inc) in NSW (1990-1992) and the initiator of the idea of Spirit of Learning.

john morgan

ex-BK

Post05 May 2008

This is a tragic loss. It is now easy to see that it should be compulsory for all Brahma Kumaris travelling alone to be met at the airport, in this case New Delhi, even if they are seasoned travellers.

bkti-pit

Independent, free thinking BK

Post06 May 2008

john morgan wrote:It is now easy to see that it should be compulsory for all Brahma Kumaris travelling alone to be met at the airport, even if they are seasoned travellers.

Only once since then have I been met at the airport by local BKs and I had been travelling alone each time.
I am not blaming anyone but let's say that the system is not tight...

They cannot harm even one hair on your head

This is the kind of thing that I don't take literally.
I believe that if I lead a most pure and benevolent life in thoughts and deeds, I am creating a better future for myself, but I don't believe it means no hardship will ever happen to me. Don't even mention that I am not even that pure and benevolent to begin with.

jann

friends or family of a BK

Post06 May 2008

Well if BapDada (Yagya in my opinion) did not keep his promise it must have been her bad karma then.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post06 May 2008

Observe the dissonance between the two statements, a dissonance so bit that BK followers are seemingly numbed into complacency. Why is God's word not good? Why does he not keep his word. I suppose, "it all depends on one's consciousness" how one understands that statement and perhaps there is a deep meaning that I do not understand.

In Gyan Sarovar, on Thursday morning, Janki Kripalani gave the class, after the class there was a musical performance. Dadi Janki told the class about tragica death of Dawn Griggs in a short address from which BKs understood that Griggs was raped and murdered ... but, of course, to keep the audience placated, she said that Griggs was so powerful in her Yoga with Baba that Baba made her unconscious and she had not felt anything. No pain etc ... and, yes, "this was her karma".

But that would not explain the thorns in her hands and marks from what the police describe as a powerful struggle.

This was all. Finished. It was her fault for wearing heavy jewel but does this make sense? What Brahmin goes to Madhuban wearing "heavy jewel" in the middle of the night? In Madhuban everybody only wears their "Baba's ring". Why did she have so much money with? And the money was not stolen.

Are all BK equal and if not, what does it take to become an unequal BK?

The leadership who conducted months long daily "womb cleaning Yoga" for Dadi Prakashmani, who died in excessive love and care, did no more. Apparently they arrange a food offering meditation but never mentioned her again ... because this was her karma from past lives. Baba apparently could only helped her not to feel anything.

BapDada (allegedly) smiled for the Australian BKs because they had the most number of retreat properties and very nice they are too! But, who knows, they could have just written this.
23/03/04 - Beloved Avyakt BapDada’s divine message for Sister Dawn of Australia
(channelled via Dadi Gulzar)

Today, I went to BapDada. From a distance BapDada was smiling and giving love from His heart. I
became merged in that love as I came in front of Him. Baba said: Child, what news have you brought
today? I said: Baba, today I have especially brought love and remembrance from the Brothers and
Sisters of Australia.

Baba smiled very significantly and said: BapDada has special love for the children of Australia because the speciality of the children from Australia is that they have the most number of retreat centres. Blue Mountain has been made so beautiful now. It is the serviceable children with courage who have become instruments for so much service. BapDada remembers in His heart all the special instrument children.

Then I related to Baba news of Sister Dawn from Australia. BapDada was listening to me, but as He
was listening to me, although He was looking at me, He was also looking somewhere else. For some
time, I too continued to look at Baba and then Baba said: BapDada celebrates a meeting through drishti
with the child every day and the child also takes very lovely drishti and becomes merged.

From the beginning, the child has had deep love for Baba. This was an account of the past birth that was settled. But the child just remembered “sweet Baba, my Baba, Shiv Baba” and she had become unconscious after a very short time. But even while she was conscious, only the words “Baba, Baba”, continued to emerge from her lips. She was a very patient and introverted child. She was also loved by the whole Brahmin family and this is why her future is also very good. She will remain very happy and in comfort there too.

However, according to the atmosphere of the time, children should not remain so innocent. The
innocence of the child became the cause, but till the last moment, she was merged in love. BapDada
continues to give drishti to the child. Give all Australia residents special greetings and blessings. Om
Shanti.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post06 May 2008

If anyone actually remembers the Bhog offering and group meditation, please let us know.
Murli NOTICEBOARD 20/03/04 - News of BK Dawn Griggs from Australia

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Greetings of love from the holy land!

On Tuesday, 16th March, Baba's child Dawn Griggs, on her way to Madhuban from Australia, met with an
unfortunate situation. Leaving the airport, probably the taxi driver met up with others and Dawn was killed
most likely in the course of a robbery.

Dawn had been Baba's child for 20 years and during the last several years had been in involved in the field of education, both lokik and alokik. She had been a very sweet, serviceable child and our thoughts of Baba's light and love must be reaching her.

The news reached Madhuban on Wednesday, 17th, and by Thursday 18th, there was more information. The Dadis, Dr. Nirmala, Madhuban Niwasis and the international family all had Yoga for that soul on Thursday evening.

This scene cautions us for the need of care and attention to practical systems of physical safety at a time when violence is increasing globally.

It is definitely not advisbale to travel before 4 a.m. from the airport anywhere, especially if you are travelling alone. More specific information will be sent before the next season, since most pilgrims are now already here.

Thank you for you attention to this.

In Baba's loving remembrance, BK Jayanti (from Madhuban)

BK noticeboard.png
BK noticeboard.png (67.96 KiB) Viewed 25413 times

jann

Post06 May 2008

This was an account of the past birth that was settled

If The Cycle repeats its self over and over, then her life was the same as previous lives. Was it not? So where is the karma of previous lives come from as it was the same in this life?

And what kind of jewelery was she wearing, a batch?? I believe BKs are not into wearing jewelry. Anyway, at the end it is her own fault according to BK. Wow, what a lovely Godly family!

To whom it may concern ... are you still proud to be part of this kind of Godly family???

ex-l

ex-BK

Post06 May 2008

Yes, a "serviceable child" not a 59 year old, educated woman. Best give all that jewelry to the Yugya, surrender and do more Yoga so it does not happen to you. The same story will repeat every 5,000 years according to them. A "dirty soul" ... "purified" by her suffering.

I suppose it is interesting to ask, is the attitude of the Seniors and BKs is defined by their understanding of karma in that, "if you are raped you were a rapist, if you were murdered, you were a murderer" ... and so therefor not worthy of that much thought?

Yes, I believe that are not ostentatious too, especially on their way to Mount Abu, that is why the rape equation is much more likely ... but too much reality for the BKWSU to include on their messageboard. At what point exactly did Baba make her unconscious ... before or after she had embedded thorns in her palms and the soles of her feet were cut, putting up a strong resistance?

I wonder what happened to the money? Do we suppose her will was written out to the BKWSU?

jann

Post06 May 2008

It all is not just unbelievable anymore and maybe just about time to invite the mass media to pay attention to this all, that is the way to exposure.

One who dares to challenge authority will have the scoop of the year!!

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: Rape motive suspected in BK killing - RIP BK Dawn Griggs

Post06 May 2008

Perhaps from a PBK point of view, if they were trying to make sense of why "God" says such things and yet they do not come true, the BapDada spirits are talking not to BKs, the general BK followership but to someone or someone's else? Who might they be?

Can God give false promises? Can God be wrong? Can God string followers along with stuff like this and fleece them for donations on the way?

Does it seem right to you?

john morgan

ex-BK

Re: Rape motive suspected in BK killing - RIP BK Dawn Griggs

Post06 May 2008

Do I have faith in the accuracy of Avyakt Bap Dada's message about Sister Dawn's last moments and the reasons for it? Yes, I do. It all rings true to me.

When a huge chunk of karma falls in one's own life, there can be a feeling that it is absolutely right that this is happening. There also can be deep recognition that a karmic debt debt is being paid and courage emerges. What would appear to be absolute disaster for a person and others who have not studied Gyan is transformed into progress for the person who has deep insight.

Even angels have some karmic debts.
Next

Return to Abuse & Recovery