Brahma Kumaris BKWSU murders

for concern over cult-related damage, institutional abuse & psychological problems.

ex-l

ex-BK

Brahma Kumaris BKWSU murders

Post02 Jun 2008

This related to another story we discussed in the sexual assault topic.

I know that what charged were finally made but at the time we read that the center-in-charges all absconded, the Brother involved was accused of mental illness (aren't they all?) but contributed financially to the BK related construction and there were some accusations made of a rape of a Brahma Kumari.

Here we actually read of a "mysterious death of a Brahmkumari at the ashram about six months ago".

Panipat was one of the five cities (prasthas) said to founded by the Pandava Brothers during the times of the Mahabharata; its historic name being Panduprastha. It is about 90 km from Delhi.
arjun wrote:I would like to say that my BK sources have informed me that it was a case of suicide of a surrendered Brother while other residents of the center were away, while as per the non-BK view (as reported to me by non-BKs) it was a case of murder through poisoning because the Brother knew some confidential facts that he wanted to make public. Even if it was really a case of suicide, the circumstances that led to it would certainly be investigated by the Police since the matter has been in public domain since quite long time.

It might be recalled that Panipat is the same place where some PBK Brothers were kidnapped and beaten mercilessly by BKs after their megaprogramme a couple of years ago. Aged PBK mothers were also manhandled by the BK guards on the same occasion.

Tribune News Service wrote:Five booked for murder - Panipat, April 21, 2007

Five persons, including the convener of the local Brahmkumari Ashram, have been booked on a charge of murder after the ashram's media in charge died under mysterious circumstances yesterday.

According to sources, the deceased, Bhai Mahavir, was working at the ashram for the past 27 years. His Brother said he received a call from the ashram last evening stating that his Brother was unwell. He soon reached the ashram and rushed him to a nearby hospital, where doctors declared him dead at about 10 pm and is suspected to have consumed poison.

The relatives of the deceased threw stones at the ashram and accused ashram conveners Sarla Behan and Brahmkumar Bharat Bhushan of poisoning Bhai Mahavir.

They alleged that both of them had threatened him following the mysterious death of a Brahmkumari at the ashram about six months ago. Sources said a suicide note was also recovered from the victim's pocket in which he had levelled serious allegations on some ashram people.

The police has registered a case against Sarla Behan, Bharat Bhushan, Vinod Kumar, Pravin Kumar and Ashok. No arrest has been made so far.

paulkershaw

ex-BK

Re: Five BKs booked for murder

Post05 Jun 2008

There we go again! The other centre niwassis 'called' his Brother to take him to hospital and did not take him themselves. What a nice 'family'.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post05 Jun 2008

Its only when you start to add up all the parts ... what makes it more interesting is that BK Sarla Bahen (Circle In-Charge) was party to the foundation of Brahma Kumari Om Shanti Helpline in Panipat a year and a bit before. See; http://www.omshantihelpline.com.
Om Shanti Help Line' is an electronic Godly service run by centres of Prajapita Brahma Kumaris Ishwariya Vishwa Vidyalaya. This help line service is dedicated to liberate people from evils, aimed to help people attain peace and happiness ... The words filled with sweetness and spiritual powers will soothe you, heal you and motivate you. If you or any one in your contact is having depression, tension, worry, sorrow, fear or any other such ill feelings, then you must make a call to Om Shanti Help Line now.

BKWSU wrote:June 27, 2004 - Launching of 'Om Shanti Help Line' at Panipat

Mr. Braj Pal Singh, GM, BSNL, Panipat made the inauguration call to OSHL at Panipat. BK Anand Bhai and BK Suryamani Bhai were specially invited. Mr. K. S. Ahlawat (GM, Dist. Industrial Centre), BK Sarla Bahen (Circle In-Charge) and BK Sunita Bahen were also present on this occasion.

jann

friends or family of a BK

rayoflight

beyond BK

Re: shameless publicity mongers

Post30 Jan 2010

From http://www.omshantihelpline.com/feedback.htm

December 8, 2005
Hyderabad & Secunderabad - Launching of
Om Shanti Help Line during the Mega Programme

On Thursday, December 8, 2005, at Parade Grounds, Secunderabad, during the Mega Programme - Festival to Experience God's Love & Peace, organised by centres of Secunderabad and Hyderabad, Om Shanti Help Line was launched for the twin cities.

Bro. Chiranjeevi, Famous Telugu Film Actor made the inauguration call to the Om Shanti Help Line number 040-23001500.

Shanti Sarovar, Hyderabad is hosting this Om Shanti Help Line system with 4 phone lines using professional telephony voice card.

On the next day of the programme, the helpline received about 380 phone calls. Telugu Newspapers Eenadu and Vaartha published the helpline number along with the Mega Programme News.
Please click on the following link to have a look at the photos and newspaper cuttings:
http://www.OmShantiHelpLine.com/Hyderabad.htm

Famous Telugu Film Actor made the inauguration call = On the next day of the programme, the helpline received about 380 phone calls.

Anything for publicity. BK's are absolutely not therapists nor psychologists and should not set up a help-line with this pretention. The help line is just another attempt to publicise the BK sect.

BK: "Om Shanti. I am afraid and confused. Can you please help?"
Help-Line: "Of course, sweet Brother. I will be happy to help you. Let me ask you first one thing: Did you wake up for Amrit Vela this morning?"
BK: "Yes, Sister. I did."
Help-Line: "Very good. Okay. Then, did you listen to Murli this morning?"
BK: "Yes, Sister. I did."
Help-Line: "Excellent, Brother. And so did you give all your worries to Baba?"
BK: "Yes, Sister. I surrendered everything to our sweet Baba."
Help-Line: "Hmmm... Good. Okay. So, have you been doing karma Yoga at your center?
BK: "As much as possible Sister, but I have been feeling depressed and I don't have a lot of energy. I am always tired."
Help-Line: "Yes, okay. I think your Amrit Vela is not very good then. Brother, tell me honestly, how many souls have your brought to your center recently?"
BK: Uh, well, um, my mother came to listen to Dadi Janki speaking about service.
Help-Line: "When did she come?"
BK: [embarrassed laughter] "Two years ago."
Help-Line: [wagging finger at the phone] "You are laughing, Brother, because the soul is still very very rusty. You must have more love for the family! Then all will be all right. Acha. Must go, dear! There is the president of Sri Lanka on the other line. Om Shanti!"

pari

Global BK

Did Two BK centerwasis kill another?

Post21 Apr 2010

Did the Brahma Kumaris cover up the case where 2 BK centerwasis burnt another BK centerwasi to death?

I have given information about how 2 centerwasis had killed another BK centerwasi by burning her at the wikipedia page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia: ... s_and_2012

It's the last entry on that page. If you want to read it, you have to do so before the article, which I submitted into wikipedia, gets deleted. I had actually not wanted to reveal that information but since I wanted to prove a point about the Brahma Kumaris, I mentioned it there. And don't laugh at the fact that I had submitted an article into the Wikipedia.

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: Did Two BK Centerwasis kill another?

Post21 Apr 2010

I commend the courage of your convictions, your honest and integrity. I hope you have your facts right. I am glad that you see things are going too far. Arjun writes that it happened in Agra, N. India and at the start of this decade. Agra. The news was reported in the local newspapers.

For a minute, I thought this was the case of the young woman near Orissa, I think it was, who burned herself a live after falling in love with a man. We presume she did it herself but it was said in the newspaper reports that the body and all the evidence was cleaned up by the BKWSU center people.

Of course, like Ranjana Patel jumping off a 5 story building, a direct Murli quote, "burning on the pyre of lust" is also favorite quote of Lekhraj Kirpalani/BapDada's.

And do you mean Global Media Chief, Karuna Shetty? It was Karuna that supported BK Dr Hansa Raval's legal action against this website after it was discovered - in writing and in reports from BK Dr Ray Bhatt (one of the founders of The Janki Foundation) - that she had started without permission and for her own personal interest.

I have read elsewhere that Karuna, or his sycophants, have elevated himself to "Dadaji". -Ji means "meriting respect". What does BapDada have to say to this.

So, another case of Sex in the Center. The allegations says ...
Wikipedia wrote:A friend of mine who is a lawyer (called Diwanji) and who had acted for some of the legal matters of the Brahma Kumaris told me of a case which he had handled for the Brahma Kumaris. Karuna Bhai, one of the Seniors of the Brahma Kumaris at Shantivan (in India), knows him and Diwanji told me that it was Karuna Bhai who had requested him to act on behalf of the Brahma Kumaris, for the case where 2 BKs burnt another to death.

It involved 3 centerwasis who were staying together in a BK center in North India. Centerwasis are those who live in the center and take care of the center and they observe celibacy (no sex). Two women and one man stayed in this center. The man and one of the woman began to sleep together and have sex. When the 3rd centerwasi got to know of this, the 2 centerwasis who were having an affair killed her by burning her.

So the Brahma Kumaris asked my friend to help them to close the matter and to keep it unknown to the public, by paying off all relevant people including the police. Since the police were paid off, the police did not proceed with the matter and they closed the case. Having been in the Brahma Kumaris, I know that there is a lot of room for things like this to happen in the Brahma Kumaris and so I was not surprised when I heard it. But I have not checked it out to see if there is any truth in it.

Let's agree it is the path of what the shamens or North American Natives call "Crazy Wisdom". That is meant in a positive thing ... sometimes it is necessary to act in a seemingly crazy way to get their attention.

pari

Global BK

Re: Did Two BK centerwasis kill another?

Post23 Apr 2010

Thanks for the info.

because.parmeshwar

exiting BK

Post23 Apr 2010

Who are Global BK?

Is it yet another splinter group? Do they follow the same disciplines as BKs? Do they have the centres? Do they go to Madhuban to meet Baap Dada?

Can any body kindly clarify.

Thanks

ex-l

ex-BK

Post23 Apr 2010

They have their own forum, here and a topic here. Explanations over there please.

Please keep this topic, "on topic". Can anyone in India do some research and fine out what happened in the end. It looks like there is more than one case. The two stories do not match. The report above was taken from a local newspaper, not personal reports.

This is a very serious matter now. Very, very serious. If there was a murder, murders, or even terrible suicides, and senior members of the BKWSU covered them up ... then it really has to be brought to the surface.

It is impossible to physically and spiritually commit to an organization that does stuff like that.

This is not the only similar case either ... suicides aside, there was the stabbing case in a center, talk of murders at Panipat and others.

pari

Global BK

Post26 Apr 2010

In the case which I had mentioned, the 2 centerwasis who had killed the 3rd had run away. It would seem that something similar is happening in all the cases. India is very huge, if someone runs away in India, it is very difficult to locate them ... unless some very rich people or higher authorities take the initiative to do something.

Return to Abuse & Recovery