Learning to be controlled only by your own highest wisdom

for concern over cult-related damage, institutional abuse & psychological problems.

alladin

no label

Learning to be controlled only by your own highest wisdom

Post21 Jul 2009

Swami Vivekenanda, Karma Yoga: The Yoga of Action wrote:Learn from all, but be controlled by nothing except your own highest wisdom.

My instant reaction and comment is that, since BKs are trained to surrender mind body and wealth, there is no one's own internal higher wisdom left (it would be despicable manmat, right ?). What do they get in exchange for that? Theoretically, a blissful state of being in tune with God, the Universe, the Perfect Mind, Cosmos, or whatever you want to call it.

Sounds like a good deal. Unfortunately, as it is being exposed on this topic, all over this Forum and certainly in our lives' personal experiences, some people, either through some kind of "coup", or simply due to seniority, put themselves on a pedestal, convince themselves and try to also convince junior members that they are very elevated; never failing when giving instructions and having to be obeyed without questioning or hesitation because they are so close to God (who is God? OMG!!!). And they acquired a rank by having lived with and had been part of the BB's entourage

howiemac

ex-BK

Re: Learning to be controlled only by your own highest wisdom

Post22 Jul 2009

Yep - BKs outsource their highest wisdom these days ... the modern BK version would go something like:

"Learn from Dadi, and be controlled by nothing except Dadi".

:)

rayoflight

beyond BK

Re: Learning to be controlled only by your own highest wisdom

Post22 Jul 2009

alladin,

I am glad you started a new thread with this quote. There is a lot to be shared on this. I have always felt that great leaders are the ones who empower you and teach you to think for yourself. I have never in my entire life considered a great leader to be one who wags her finger at you. Does anyone know of great leaders who have ever wagged their fingers at people? Finger wagging is generally reserved for children five and under.

It seems that the people who have it in them to be followers of such guru types, will inevitably have it in them to also be a guru themselves and desire to be followed - which has been seen in the many BK's who have taken it upon them to start their own guru business.

True respect needs no leader and no follower. There is great confusion between devotion and wisdom. As a Westerner, I came to the BK organization to learn about spirituality. Not how to be dehumanized and bow down to a little old lady wagging her finger and staring at my forehead. I have never been asked to bow down to her physically, but is it not all the same anyway? You hand over your mind, you may as well kiss her feet.

There are Indian traditions that should be seen as such and should not be confused with spirituality and wisdom.

Return to Abuse & Recovery