Intuition versus inhibition

for concern over cult-related damage, institutional abuse & psychological problems.

ex-l

ex-BK

Intuition versus inhibition

Post10 Sep 2010

Mr Green wrote:Your gut feeling and your conscience are rarely wrong, but it takes a lot of confidence and self trust to heed them.

A deep point from Mr Green's Spiritual Thought for the Day.

It echoes something that I have considered and contemplated for year and something key to recovery from cult involvement ... or, indeed, any religious or societal conditioning.

The question of 'intuition' versus 'inhibition'.
Which little or big voice within us is our intuition guiding us in a healthy way and which is our inhibition keeping us from doing what we ought to ... and how do we tell the difference between the two? When we feel a push or a pull, which one is intuition and which one is inhibition?

It is as a question as deep and subtle as you might wish for and one that will stay with us for the whole of our lives.

I cannot tell you the answer, often we just cannot tell either. All I can suggest is experiment practically and learn from your experiences as you go ... and, probably, don't think too much about it all.

For me, the BKWSU training, at least in the West and largely under the influence of Dadi Janki Kirpalani, has become very deeply anti-spiritual. It loads your mental balance with some insane presumptions on which to make life decisions, may of which have been proven to be entirely fake, and then fills it will a noise to drown out BOTH your intuition and inhibitions ... Dadi Jankis, 10,000 "Baba, Baba, Baba, Baba, Baba, Baba, Babas ...".

To individuals with no Hindu background nor context, it fills them full of Victorian Hinduism, masking Sindi business survival skills, and expects it to work in the 21st C West. It inhibitions people and keeps them cut off from their intuitions mainly by fear, fear, fear ... until all they can do is sit down still for hours and eat too much to drown out the unhappy emotions and unanswered voices.

Mr Green

ex-BK

Re: Intuition versus inhibition

Post10 Sep 2010

I really don't know how DJ still gets away with it. I was making noises whilst still within the organisation as to why no-one EVER challenges her dribble, or why no-one ever stands up to her bullying and self-righteous behaviour and dismissive approach to anyone else's ideas!!!!!

COME ON BKs! STAND UP TO HER ... CHALLENGE HER!

howiemac

ex-BK

stand up to her?

Post18 Sep 2010

How do you challenge the leader of a rigidly hierarchical control-based organisation from within that organisation? She has unfettered power over you, for as long as you stay. She has the powerful subtle support of hundreds of thousands of bhagats - this gives her psychic power which no mere cog in the machinery (however yogi) can match. She can, and will, crush any insubordination. If, as a BK, you try to stand up to her, you will be shown the door, at which point it is surely wise to take that exit, gratefully.

Return to Abuse & Recovery