Normal things

for discussing science, relationships, religion or non-BK spirituality.

Mr Green

ex-BK

Normal things

Post06 Jul 2007

Is it alright to talk about normal things on here like music or films without having to have a spiritual answer? Just I feel friendly with a lot of people on here even though I can seem horrible :lol:.

Even though I was into it as deep as anyone we could ... well it's just an idea, I obviously still find all this stuff interesting for some reason.

I do find it hard to talk about any part of it without having to laugh at it :lol:. But I do appreciate the benefits of meditating and not being a bastard to everyone. And I do respect everyones belief, I just like teasing. I feel at ease with god whatever that means!

I just think they are caught up in an almost frenzy of belief that suspends reason to the point that unfortunate things happen to certain members and has caused great difficulty to some peoples lives.

I want to finish grinding my axe and just try to enjoy the rest of my life :lol:.

abrahma kumar

friends or family of a BK

normal things on here like music or films

Post06 Jul 2007

Why not?

yudhishtira

reforming BK

Post07 Jul 2007

Yo dude, go for it! What rocks your socks? :lol: I find now that I like a really wide range of music and film. I was a bit more snobbish in my musical youth 8) but now I like everything from Pink Floyd to the Pixies, REM and Madonna. My all time favourite dance track is "Tainted Love" by Soft Cell (that dates me :lol:).

As for films ... mmm ... all Monty Python is of course a must. I like action, intrigue type movies. I loved the latest Bond movie. Sometimes I have to go for the feel good chocolate box type movies for that comfort eating feeling! Like; Sound of Music, Mary Poppins, Bridget Jones diary.

I also lurvvv; Stargate, Sex and the City, Ally McBeal and Buffy the Vampire Slayer!!

All, of course, consumed in deep remembrance whilst analysing for spiritual content ... :wink:

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post08 Jul 2007

I do love all music, even that which I put down heheheh

Pink Floyd are from the school of thought of musicians that really mean it! No hunt for celebrity there. Just an honest baring of the soul through music.

zhuk

non-BK

Post09 Jul 2007

Yeah, why not be "normal". Or as normal as we get round here ;).

Go the floyd! My 1st record was of Pink floyd's 1st record ... which was truly OLD by then, lol. One of my all time favourite films is pictured in my avatar - Alex in "Clockwork Orange".

Such was my Russian obsession at that time that I had to go through the entire Anthony Burgess novel, find all the "nadsat" terms mentioned and write them down into a Russian-English translation. Ahh, the concentration I had then :lol:.

yudhishtira

reforming BK

Post10 Jul 2007

Boy ... lots of Floyd fans! cool! I felt they went a bit off the boil after Roger Waters left. I love Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall. Oh, and a "Thousand Furry Animals Grooving in a Cave with a Pict" is good too ... 8).

bansy

Post10 Jul 2007

We don't need no Gyan education
We don't need no thought control

... You know the rest. :P

Thanks for the Clockwork Orange nadsat tip. I always thought it was Cockney. The movie has subtitles here and it's badly translated. Just Googled "nadsat". However, the movie is great even without knowing what the words actually mean, gets one guessing. A bit like Murlis :wink:.

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post10 Jul 2007

I think it was all over when Roger left.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post10 Jul 2007

yudhishtira wrote:A "Thousand Furry Animals Grooving in a Cave with a Pict" is good too ... 8).

Om Shanti. I say Bhai, exactly what in the Confluence Age is that a remembrance off? Baba says in the Murli that we should not have Yoga with anything small and furry.

I am just waiting for Bro Neo to fall of his guddhi and give the famous one line (before passing out), "If you can remember the Confluence Age, you weren't there, man".

"The Message is in the Medium".
John Waters did not wrote:Dadi's flown across the ocean
Leaving just a toli
Snapshot in the family album
Dadi what else did you leave for me?
Dadi, what'd'ja leave behind for me?!?
All in all it was just a brick in the wall.
All in all it was all just bricks in the wall.

We do not need no Amrit Vela
We don't need no thought control
No dark sarcasm in the classroom
Center in charge leave them students alone
Hey! Center in charge! Leave them students alone!
All in all it's just another brick in the wall.
All in all you're just another brick in the wall.

(Link to tune in blue above ...)

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post10 Jul 2007

Oi!!!!!!!!!!. Get that Gyan ******* out of my normal thread.

You want me talking body-consciousness in your deep churnings, heheh?

yudhishtira

reforming BK

Post11 Jul 2007

Baba says in the Murli that we should not have Yoga with anything small and furry.

Mmm, yes, I remember that one ... a very deep point which made all pet owning Brahmins go and throw their hamsters in the river ...
Oi!!!!!!!!!! get that Gyan ******* out of my normal thread. You want me talking body consciousness in your deep churnings heheh.

Ah, we have to be merciful Mr Green. ex-l is on a higher plane of consciousness to the rest of us and its tough to come down to a "normal level" :lol:.

paulkershaw

ex-BK

Post11 Jul 2007

Hey, Mr G!, :mrgreen:

Did ya know there's a town called Normal? Its in Illinois, USA and apparently they are dedicated to 'service' excellence! Now there's a thing for ya ...

Go to : http://www.normal.org
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

zhuk

non-BK

Post12 Jul 2007

... and that's http://www.normal.org
    NOT
http://www.norml.org
:lol:

Sorry couldn't resist that one :mrgreen:.

paulkershaw

ex-BK

Post17 Jul 2007

Who the h**l is Norml anyway?

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post17 Jul 2007

paulkershaw wrote:Who the h**l is Norml anyway?

I know and i get the joke, hehehehe.
Next

Return to Anything goes