Hinduism

for discussing science, relationships, religion or non-BK spirituality.

arjun

PBK

Post15 Sep 2007

Yesterday's Times of India newspaper (and perhaps all the Indian newspapers) carried a news report on the Indian Government's stand on the issue of Ram Setu, with the Government filing an affidavit in the Supreme Court of India stating that "Valmiki Ramayana and Ramcharitmanas admittedly form an important part of ancient Indian literature, but these cannot be said to be historical records to incontrovertibly prove the existence of the characters and occurences of events depicted therein". Thus they have put a question mark on the existence of Ram as a historical character and therefore infuriated most Hindus and the political parties that support Hindutwa.

Omshanti. Under pressure from public and some political parties, the Goverment withdrew the controversial portions of the above affidavit to remove any question mark on the existence of Ram in the past.

Regards,
OGS,
Arjun

arjun

PBK

Post09 Nov 2007

Omshanti.

I don't know whether this thread is appropriate or not, but anyways today

I wish everyone a very happy Diwali. May this festival light up the lives of everyone. :D :lol: :P

"The weaknesses, the defects, the lack of power and the delicate nature which still remain today, have to be finished in the old account: this is what it means to celebrate Deepmala; not just for a temporary period, but for all time and to finish them in all their forms. This is what it means to celebrate Diwali." ( Avyakt Vani dated 29.10.70, pg 184, published by BKs in English, narrated by Avyakt BapDada through Dadi Gulzar)

Regards,
On Godly Service,
Arjun

jann

friends or family of a BK

Re: Hinduism

Post31 Mar 2008

Cannot stop reading ... Anything you like???

Hindu Temple of Greater Cincinnati; Download eBooks, Mantras, Chalisas etc.

arjun

PBK

Post01 Apr 2008

Sister Jannisder,
Thanks for providing the link to the above site. I was surprised to see the English translation of so many Indian scriptures on one site. I mentioned about it to one of my colleagues, who is a Pandit, and he too was very impressed by the site.

I hope the BKWSU gets inspiration from the above site and uploads their literature and Murlis on their site. But I think BKInfo will gallop ahead of BKWSU in this race, given the pace at which Murlis and BK literature are being uploaded on this site.
Regards,
OGS,
Arjun

ex-l

ex-BK

Post01 Apr 2008

I'd love to see some of the original Sanksrit/a closer translation, from which the scientific stuff was translated. Were the Vedas really quite so detailed on sub-atomic nuclear physics? It does make you wonder though.

I agree with Arjun, what an excellent example of the way things should be.

tete

friends or family of a BK

Post01 Apr 2008

vedas2.jpg
vedas2.jpg (21.08 KiB) Viewed 6176 times

Hindu Temple of Greater Cincinnati; Download eBooks, Mantras, Chalisas etc.
Could we develop a flow chart like the above one in relation to the murils and Avyakt Murlis.

One can hope.
Previous

Return to Anything goes