Positive Thoughts

for discussing science, relationships, religion or non-BK spirituality.

paulkershaw

ex-BK

Positive Thoughts

Post29 Oct 2007

Instead of trying to change one-self perhaps this'll work easier:???

Thoughts to ponder and contemplate:

Accept everything about yourself - I mean everything, You are you and that is the beginning and the end - no apologies, no regrets. - Clark Moustakas

bro neo

ex-BK

Post09 Nov 2007

Wow :) nice.

andrey

PBK

Post22 Nov 2007

One can read this two ways. To accept is a start, this is good, but this is not the end. We are not perfect, to accept this is fine, because we should not hide or deny, but this only will not make us perfect.

Because many also say "i have shorcomings, but this is OK, it is the way it should be" so they will get stuck in the beginning itself. Many say "no one is perfect, no one can become perfect, it is not possible." But we have to make impossible possible. Of course we'll find that there is a perfect me in me, but we have to get rid of the rest.

It is fine to think i was perfect, i will be, because it is hard to deceive ourselves we are now. If we deceive us like this we will collapse each time we see we are not. We can, of course, collapse but we can get up again, we'll say, OK i was not and continue. If we decide definitely that I am perfect now then a single occurrence will prove this lie all at once and we are left with nothing, no hope, we just believed in a fiction. The rest who knows whether i was not once in the past or i will not become. It cannot be proved. It can be true as well.

It feels like this that it has to be true that once i, the world was perfect, because why do we dislike mistakes, for example at the market why does one complains if he gets rotten fruits. Why does he think he should have all fine ones. Why do we feel uncomfortable when we are sick etc. We have the craving, the taste ... means we know from experience.

abrahma kumar

friends or family of a BK

Post23 Nov 2007

Were we taught by G-O-D that Positive thoughts are neither mundane nor negative?

paulkershaw

ex-BK

Post26 Nov 2007

andrey wrote:One can read this two ways.

Yup you're right Andrey - one can read this two ways, or three, or four even, depending on what one wants out of it, or according to one's belief system too, and some belief systems are adopted /taken on according to certain internal traits, call them 'sankaras' if you like....

bro neo

ex-BK

Post26 Nov 2007

To think about the end and perfection is to say the now will be no more and that there is a place in time where cause and effect stop. Acceptance is a beginning in the now where we start to see through the denial and pain of projection. Acceptance is also an end in that it makes the experience of time a constant rather an idea.

Return to Anything goes