Good quotes

for discussing science, relationships, religion or non-BK spirituality.

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: Good quotes

Post17 Jun 2014

Karl Marx wrote:Religious suffering is, at one and the same time, the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people".

The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is the demand for their real happiness. To call on them to give up their illusions about their condition is to call on them to give up a condition that requires illusions. The criticism of religion is, therefore, in embryo, the criticism of that vale of tears of which religion is the halo.

Criticism has plucked the imaginary flowers on the chain not in order that man shall continue to bear that chain without fantasy or consolation, but so that he shall throw off the chain and pluck the living flower. The criticism of religion disillusions man, so that he will think, act, and fashion his reality like a man who has discarded his illusions and regained his senses, so that he will move around himself as his own true Sun.

Religion is only the illusory Sun which revolves around man as long as he does not revolve around himself.

It is, therefore, the task of history, once the other-world of truth has vanished, to establish the truth of this world. It is the immediate task of philosophy, which is in the service of history, to unmask self-estrangement in its unholy forms once the holy form of human self-estrangement has been unmasked. Thus, the criticism of Heaven turns into the criticism of Earth, the criticism of religion into the criticism of law, and the criticism of theology into the criticism of politics.

- Karl Marx

That's the full quote from which the usual one, "religion is the opiate of the masses", is taken. I think it's surprising poetic and philosophical.

The Brahma Kumaris largely switch of the critical faculties of their adherents and instead get them addicted to their own brand of opiate, constructed for all the best part of other religious opiates and intensified by compressing all of life into their endless 5,000 Year Cycle, or even their "two to three years" before Destruction.

Pink Panther

Post18 Jun 2014

ex-l wrote:May I just point out ... in these quotes ... "knowledge" means knowledge. Not "The Knowledge™" as per the BKs.

Shivsena wrote:
Yes --- it applies to knowledge in any field, including the bk-godly Gyan.

There is a problem here Shivsena. Human knowledge changes and grows but that is because humans are learning. God is by definition not human. is god still learning, even though ‘he' is supposed to be know all about the last Kalpa that he is teaching about?
“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?”

- Epicurus

To that I would add -

Does God have true knowledge but does not teach it but something else?
Then why trust anything he has said?
Does God not have true knowledge but teaches that he has?
Then why call him God?

shivsena

ex-PBK

Post19 Jun 2014

Pink Panther wrote:

There is a problem here Shivsena. Human knowledge changes and grows but that is because humans are learning. God is by definition not human. is god still learning, even though ‘he' is supposed to be know all about the last Kalpa that he is teaching about?
To that I would add -
Does God have true knowledge but does not teach it but something else?
Then why trust anything he has said?
Does God not have true knowledge but teaches that he has?
Then why call him God?

Dear Brother.

God has knowledge of both Drama: the broad drama of 5000 years and the subtle Sangamyugi drama of 100 years ... knowledge of both dramas are given in Murlis in form of riddles-clues ... one has to have discrimination power to understand which point pertains to which drama ... those who are able to discriminate will eventually become kings and those who cannot will eventually become praja (subjects) ... if God gave the truth on a plate, then it would not be possible to seperate out the kings from praja.

Pink Panther

Post20 Jun 2014

Shivsena,

On your proposal about deciphering riddles - so people who have the time to sit on their arses and read Murlis and figure out cryptic clues are "worthier” than those who work hard all day, honestly, to support themselves, their families and communities without time for luxuries of comtemplating abstractions?

It may be hard for someone brought up to think in such terms to understand otherwise, but I completely reject the concept of social hierarchy. If any god proposes such a hierarchy, it is only to serve himself at the apex and not those at the bottom.

shivsena

ex-PBK

Post29 Jun 2014

chal akela.jpg
chal akela.jpg (23.18 KiB) Viewed 29222 times

shivsena

ex-PBK

Post01 Jul 2014

Truth was a mirror.jpg
Truth was a mirror.jpg (22.02 KiB) Viewed 29173 times

Sakar Murlis of God Shiva contain the Truth...but Truth has been given in pieces and if we consider each statement of Murli as Truth, then we will not get the complete picture(Truth)....Murli points are to be grouped under various headings and then each heading has to be co-related with each other and then the complete Truth will emerge.

Pink Panther

Post01 Jul 2014

Shivsena - You obviously haven’t heard of the Holographic Universe

ex-l

ex-BK

Post01 Jul 2014

I am not sure I know what the holographic universe is either but I think Shivsena is trying to read the future in tea leaves ...

Please stop.

This forum is for document and exploring factual evidence and encouraging people to leave the BKWSU and protecting others from it. Not promoting it or an other understanding of it.

The obsessive part of your mind has hooked onto BKism and is looping around out of control. You need to break the addiction and make a newer healthier one. Just stop.

Nothing is going to happen in two to three years. The world will carry on as it always has. It's just a trap.

You'll end up on your death bed having wasted your life living for that ever distant future that never happened.

Leave the gods alone to themselves. They all appear to be parasites living off humanity and they all appear to inspire parasitic priest castes who also live off society. If there are any good gods, then I am sure they can get on with their work perfectly well without you worrying about them.

Pink Panther

Post02 Jul 2014

I am not sure I know what the holographic universe is either

Holograms have the whole (holo), present in any part.

See "Our Holographic Universe" --Will It Prove to Be the Greatest Theory of the 21st Century? - although it's not the simplest explanation i have come across ...

... or if you prefer to think ”poetically” - Vishnu’s dream, where the dreamer is dreamed up in the dream ... zzzzzzzzzzzz

ex-l

ex-BK

Post05 Apr 2015

Adopting the language of the pretence ...
only serves to ease participation in it.

Pink Panther

Post07 Apr 2015

On ”Cults"

Many cults start off with high ideals that get corrupted by leaders or their board of advisors who become power-hungry and dominate and control members' lives. No group with high ideals starts off as a 'cult'; they become one when their errant ways are exposed. - Philip Zimbardo Psychologist, famous for the Stanford prison experiment
When theology erodes and organization crumbles, when the institutional framework of religion begins to break up, the search for a direct experience which people can feel to be religious facilitates the rise of cults.

- Daniel Bell, sociologist
Even small cults are a serious cost on the world economy, to victims, their families, employers, friends, and credit-card companies.

- Keith Henson, engineer, writer and anti-Scientology activist
“The only difference between a cult and a religion is the amount of real estate they own”

- Frank Zappa, Musician

and
“A cult is a religion with no political power.”

- Thomas Wolfe, American short story writer and novelist

Looks like the BKs are well on their way to becoming a religion!

quantum

Re: Books, movies and websites

Post27 Sep 2015

Here is a quote from a wise Americian Indian native
"Religion is for people who are afraid of hell. Spiritually is for people who have already been there".

- Running Hawk, from Lakota Nation, Pine Ridge

quantum

Good Quotes

Post28 Sep 2015

Jesus said; "False Gods shall appear before u, and they shall appear as Light".

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: Good Quotes

Post07 Oct 2015

quantum wrote:Jesus said; "False Gods shall appear before u, and they shall appear as Light".

I pretty sure he would have said, "False Gods shall appear before you", the only thing appearing before u is t; but I agree this was a very clear, accurate and specific warning that would apply to the god spirit of the BKs.

I think this applies very much to understanding the Brahma Kumaris.
The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names.

- K'ung-fu-tzu, Chinese social philosopher (551 BC – 479 BC)

ex-l

ex-BK

Post10 Mar 2016

Now it is a fact that in real life, total errors are not so harmful as half- or quarter-truths.

Total errors are soon seen through, whereas half- and quarter-truths mislead people. They live with them, these partial truths become a pan of life and cause the most horrible devastation.

- Rudolf Steiner, from 'The Ahrimanic Deception' lecture
PreviousNext

Return to Anything goes