Good quotes

for discussing science, relationships, religion or non-BK spirituality.
  • Message
  • Author

newlife

BK

  • Posts: 38
  • Joined: 15 Jun 2008

Re: Good quotes

Post05 Sep 2008

Stan Laurel wrote:You can lead a horse to water but a pencil has to be lead ...

jann

friends or family of a BK

  • Posts: 1227
  • Joined: 29 Jan 2007
  • Location: europe

Re: Good quotes

Post05 Sep 2008

When Guru makes you lie, God is weeping.
User avatar

paulkershaw

ex-BK

  • Posts: 863
  • Joined: 11 Dec 2006
  • Location: South Africa

Re: Good quotes

Post15 Sep 2008

Yogi Bhajan wrote:The Highest achievement in human consciousness is the extent to which you believe in your own being. It is not the life you live, but the courage that you bring to it.

john morgan

ex-BK

  • Posts: 397
  • Joined: 06 Oct 2007

Re: Good quotes

Post16 Sep 2008

Henry David Thoreau wrote:Why should we be in such desperate haste to succeed ... If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.
User avatar

ex-l

ex-BK

  • Posts: 10413
  • Joined: 07 Apr 2006

Re: Good quotes

Post17 Nov 2008

Oscar Wilde wrote:Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.

john morgan

ex-BK

  • Posts: 397
  • Joined: 06 Oct 2007

Re: Good quotes

Post20 Nov 2008

One thing is far worse than receiving a curse - creating one!

john morgan

ex-BK

  • Posts: 397
  • Joined: 06 Oct 2007

Re: Good quotes

Post03 Feb 2009

Stretch out a hand in friendship rather than in want.

jann

friends or family of a BK

  • Posts: 1227
  • Joined: 29 Jan 2007
  • Location: europe

Re:Murli quotes

Post08 Feb 2009

Quotes that come from the Murli ... Why is it that a Murli never makes me happy??
Sakar Murli 2009/02/07 Revised

Do not attach your heart to perishable bodies. Become a conqueror of attachment. Promise that, no matter who leaves the body, you will not cry.

Can any BK say ..."Well Baba, I cannot promise you that"??

Because when my mother dies, my child or someone close ... I shall cry!!!

Terry

ex-BK

  • Posts: 389
  • Joined: 04 Jan 2009
  • Location: OZ

Re: Good quotes

Post08 Feb 2009

This topic seems like it could merge with "what's so wonderful about the Murli" - great contrast!
User avatar

rayoflight

beyond BK

  • Posts: 361
  • Joined: 17 Mar 2009
  • Location: Truth.

Re: Good quotes

Post26 Mar 2009

WAKING FROM A DEEP SLEEP
If somebody is waking for the first time from a deep sleep, she might see the midnight stars. But if she waits long enough without going back to sleep, she will begin to see not only stars but the dawn, then the sunrise, and then the whole landscape being lit by a brilliant light coming from the sky. She will begin to see her hands, her palms, her toes, and she will also begin to see her tables, her chairs, and the world around her. And if she is clever enough to look at a mirror, she will also see herself.

Similarly, the truth of the cessation of suffering is a personal discovery. It is not mystical and it does not have any connotations of religion or psychology. It is simply your experience.

From "Awakening and Blossoming," in THE TRUTH OF SUFFERING: and the Path of Liberation.
User avatar

frisbee

ex-BK

  • Posts: 42
  • Joined: 20 Dec 2008

Re: Good quotes

Post27 Mar 2009

A gorgeous poem ex-BKs might relate to ... Written in Northampton County Asylum
I AM! yet what I am who cares, or knows?
My friends forsake me like a memory lost.
I am the self-consumer of my woes;
They rise and vanish, an oblivious host,
Shadows of life, whose very soul is lost.
And yet I am -- I live -- though I am toss'd

Into the nothingness of scorn and noise,
Into the living sea of waking dream,
Where there is neither sense of life, nor joys,
But the huge shipwreck of my own esteem
And all that's dear. Even those I loved the best
Are strange -- nay, they are stranger than the rest.

I long for scenes where man has never trod
For scenes where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Full of high thoughts, unborn. So let me lie,
The grass below; above, the vaulted sky.
User avatar

frisbee

ex-BK

  • Posts: 42
  • Joined: 20 Dec 2008

Re: Good quotes

Post24 Apr 2009

For all of us who endured this message and this messenger ... Out of the Blue

User avatar

rayoflight

beyond BK

  • Posts: 361
  • Joined: 17 Mar 2009
  • Location: Truth.

Re: Good quotes

Post07 May 2009

When we express ourselves we can find out how held down we were; when we dare to feel alive we might have to admit how dead we felt.
User avatar

frisbee

ex-BK

  • Posts: 42
  • Joined: 20 Dec 2008

Re: Good quotes

Post07 May 2009

richard bach wrote:Live never to be ashamed if anything you say or do is published around the world, even if what is said is not true.
User avatar

rayoflight

beyond BK

  • Posts: 361
  • Joined: 17 Mar 2009
  • Location: Truth.

Re: Good quotes

Post28 Jun 2009

Michael Jackson wrote: "I am going to say something I have never said before and this is the truth. I have no reason to lie to you and God knows I am telling the truth. I think all my success and fame, and I have wanted it, I have wanted it because I wanted to be loved. That's all. That's the real truth. I wanted people to love me, truly love me, because I never really felt loved. I said I know I have an ability. Maybe if I sharpened my craft, maybe people will love me more. I just wanted to be loved, because I think it is very important to be loved and to tell people that you love them and to look in their eyes and say it."

From "The End of the King of Pop" by Rabbi Shmuley Boteach
PreviousNext

Return to Anything goes