And what is the meaning of life?

for discussing science, relationships, religion or non-BK spirituality.

joel

ex-BK

Re: And what is the meaning of life?

Post18 Feb 2009

paulkershaw wrote:And if one adds in the word 'who's' into the equation it changes things.

Very important addition!!

bansy

Post18 Feb 2009

More often its a case of asking 'why' or 'how come' something happened - all with the purpose of finding out what I attracted into my space at any given time.

I do agree with this. We all question things now and again. The sum of all the Qs make up one's life and ths makes up the meaning for that one's life.

I did put this thread into the anything goes. Because in life, anything goes.

There was for many here a BK life, for some folks that life was deep. Now many have also wandered out and gone in different ways, but one thing still connects us all, whether you like it or not, and that is the BK life that once was. And that will not change. The fact is that BK life that once was, still is.

I prefer to take on the meaning of (what and who) life to be accepting the deficiencies of both BKs and ex-BKs, and to have no regret over experiences with BKs or ex-Bks or non-BKs. And thus I said I like the BKs/Murlis because you have a choice, to either like something or to dislike something. It is much easier to like something you don't like, because then you can move on and feel good after. But I also like many ex-BKs here and also PBKs. Because each person has something to contribute to MY life, space and time, in different ways.

Although resistive at first, it is better to accept and appreciate the outcomes that went bad or sour because it is so much easier to let go of the past that way.

paulkershaw

ex-BK

Post19 Feb 2009

Morning all - I have the final and ultimate answer for your thread's question Bansy. It comes from a book written by Almine of http://www.spiritualjourneys.com - book is calles "Secrets of the Hidden Realms" which I was re-reading last night. She states that the purpose of life is growth. (And I feel that answers a tremendous amount of questions for many of us and tells us, in its one short sentence, why we joined the BKWSU and why so many of us have left too.)

Growth is the most important aspect of life on humanoid earth. Now if we can just clarify the difference or link between 'meaning' and 'purpose' then we'll have it all ...

Terry

ex-BK

Post19 Feb 2009

You have to live on purpose, not by accident, if you know what I mean.

paulkershaw

ex-BK

Post19 Feb 2009

Idea of purpose gives life meaning kinda thing?...

Terry

ex-BK

Post19 Feb 2009

Live life on purpose as in, intentionally. As the UB40 song used to go ...
UB40 wrote:There's no-one coming with that freedom train.
There's nowhere you can go where you feel no pain.
Take the blinkers off you eye's,
The power is in your hand.
Stop waiting for your ticket to the promised land.

There ain't no heaven and there ain't no hell.
Except the one we're in, and you know to well
There's no-one waiting on,
Waiting on a higher high.
Don't let the only world you're ever gonna live in pass you by.

bansy

Post19 Feb 2009

Don't let the only world you're ever gonna live in pass you by.

Especially if you are "1 in 10" (or should that be 1 in 108 ? ) :D.

And following on, does God exist? If so, by what "definition" of God do you follow or know? Or has God now been put back into the closet once you leave the BKs ?

After all, how ever many discussions of this and that goes on and regardless of how folks in the Yagya behave, it all ends up to one thing ... did God exist for you then and does God exist now ... if so then from what standpoint. But if God doesn't exist, then why? So I may not care much for the BKs and for the BKWSU, but how about God? Do you care ?

Have we moved any further along the way?

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post20 Feb 2009

Being.

jann

friends or family of a BK

Post21 Feb 2009

I do not believe in a God, it is made up by some religious cult. God is speaking through an old Indian lady??? Come on!!!

If God is the Father of all, he would not have any Indian lady to be his spokesperson telling that only Brahmins will understand, and only Brahmins will go to heaven? That is just what cult leaders say ... to make you feel special ... and to get you hooked. Meanwhile destroying your feelings, libido, attachment for all and everything else is evil also.

Go ahead, hate your body while it is beautiful. Hate your friends while they are the only ones you have left. Practise the dead man position ... and so on.

Evil is to destroy all of that. Abuse to let people work for you and tell lies. The abuse done to the persons behind BK, having to live with the **** they propaganda. Destroy friendships, as they bring it ... friends as being bad company. So smart that there is no way out ... you want to lose your friend ... ? See what cult help tells you what to do ... that is what I am doing for the last three years. BK is a constant doctrine, thought reform and mind control method everyday. Many times a day.

I am living it ... just to see how it woks.

As a very strong and educate person ... I am not very impressed so far. How can you ever be proud to be a BK or even feel special? All for Baba ... ?

leela

ex-BK

Post23 Feb 2009

Tathagata in the book 'Given' wrote:This Moment is God

Have you tried to let go?
You cannot.
No-one has ever succeeded in letting go.
Letting go is not for you.
Letting go is the end of someone trying to let go;
so do not try to let go. It will strengthen the whole game.
Don't try to not think; it will strengthen the thinking.
Don't try to transcend your patterns; it will strengthen the patterns.
The biggest pattern of all patterns is trying to get rid of patterns.

What should I do then?

Nothing.
Simply be available for this moment to kiss you.
When your partner comes home,
you are available for him to kiss you.
Maybe he will, maybe he won't; but you are available.
Then the kiss is really sweet, because it is free of 'me'.
Let whatever is here now kiss you.
Just receive life without doing.
Just receive what is given.

We are so busy living life, we have largely forgotten
what it is to simply receive life and let life live us;
to be unconditionally available for this moment to have us
and to recognise that every moment is the beloved,
whatever it contains. This moment is it.
In this moment, the beloved kisses you.
This moment is God.

paulkershaw

ex-BK

Post23 Feb 2009

Here's some more info relating to the "Meaning of Life" from my studies and findings. It relates also to teachings of the BKWSU too but in context. (might as well throw one stone at two birds ...).
Especially if you are "1 in 10" (or should that be 1 in 108 ?

The ancient Atlanteans and Lemurians understood the concepts of All is One and One is All when working with numerical energies. The number 10 for them was something that contained everything and when added together came back to the number 1 (one is all). Looking at some of the concepts available from various teachings we can also see the number 8 as being a cross section of teachings shown in Sothic Triangle diagrams about the 9 stages of human evolution on a spiritual level. (In numerology, the number 8 refers to spirituality but also can point out the possibility of being stuck in cycles of energy and experiences and not being able to flow through the whole of the number 8 but being stuck in only one aspect of the function of the 8.

The number 8 (in numerology and other teachings, some of them shown as Atlantean in nature) also state that the number 8 refers to balance of masculine and feminine polarities (or Yin and Yang balance if you prefer) i.e if one becomes stuck in only one half of the number 8 in your life journey then the opposite balance is not achieved). The BKWSU are stuck in the left cycle of their number 8 by focussing on the "female" polarity and not balancing the masculine side properly although on some deep unconscious level they are practicing merging the Goddess Archetype within. It's not balanced though.

Furthermore, the All is One and One is All process also brings into being the understanding of the establishment and creation of the Lahun Chakra (the 10th chakra) (Hun = 10 which = 1) which is seen as being a hand length above the crown chakra. The Lahun Chakra can only come into being with the merging of all the other chakra processes to form one big chakric field functioning as one unified field of energy. The Lahun chakra can be seen in old paintings as the plate of energy above a saint or master's head (also the halo at times is representive of this aspect). (Spinning the intellect as practiced by the BKWSU followers is a representation of this aspect).

In order to have these chakric fields unify and for the Lahun Chakra to come into its own, the Alpha Chakra has to be emerged energetically. This particular chakra is situated one hands width below the base chakra (or root chakra as often taught as being the base of The Tree or similar understandings available in many mainstream and not so well known followings).

So the BKWSU are trying to work with this by teaching that they are the seeds of The Tree and by teaching about the 108 (10 + 8 = 108) around the God-entity at the very end and achieving immortality/or whatever they call it is there, but in incredibly basic form. Pity they are so restrictive in their concepts, which is what is oft causing the problems they're now having.

In all humility, and without trying to sound as I am saying "I've found the truth and the way", I've already brought this into being for myself by being prepared to read behind and below the lines of their teachings (and other teachings too mind you).

In my opinion there is always hidden codes one can learn to access in any scripture; language of writing even if its called a Murli. For example, there I am (geddit = I AM ... ;) ) flying Ethiopian Airlines in December and by listening (and tuning into) to the vibration of the spoken language, I get a feeling or understanding of what is being spoken over the PA system by the crew. Its probably too much to discuss here though.

Anyone else have some experience or thoughts on this aspect of vibrational connection?

But really what I am trying to say is that is it quite provable that the BKWSU teachings only offer a minute aspect of the Meaning of Life [which is probably what we truly have been searching for when we knocked on their front door to let us in in the first place (there we go again "First Place = 1"!)] and that so many unknown and perhaps to some degree un-taught information systems are available to all of us to show this, even if we have to let go of aspects of our mind logic and belief ridden reasoning to do so.

OK, that's Monday really on the go now. :D

Terry

ex-BK

Post23 Feb 2009

leela wrote:In this moment, the beloved kisses you.
This moment is God.

A beautiful poem. And more lovely vibrations from Leela. I read that poem and feel "transcendence" even as it increases the sense of "presence". There is a beautiful publication called "The Enlightened Heart" - sacred poetry from around the world and through the ages. If you love good poetry ...
paulkershaw wrote: flying Ethiopian Airlines ... I get a feeling or understanding of what is being spoken over the PA system by the crew ... Anyone else have some experience or thoughts on this aspect of vibrational connection?

In 1977, I hitch hiked from Belgrade to Munich with a guy who only spoke German and Turkish, I spoke only English and Greek. We were together in the car for more than 2 days (bad roads in those days in the FYR) and we communicated at length for the whole time.
paulkershaw wrote: more info relating to the "Meaning of Life" from my studies and findings.

I have looked at numerology and some of the other stuff over the years. What I find most fascinating is how it seems to relate back to a more primal impulse, the "imaging" instinct of the psyche, and the need for story or narrative to make sense of it. (e.g. the arabic number 8 - can the same explanation be used for roman numerals VIII? No. But where it is in geometric or "image" form like the "mobius strip" like figure 8, or a mandala or similar, the response, or "story" generated, is similar.

paulkershaw

ex-BK

Post24 Feb 2009

Terry wrote: "... or similar, the response, or "story" generated, is similar."

To some degree this is the point I am making, 'all myths, stories and legends etc etc' have a similar base (and yes, probably in the the psyche as well) and that its quite easy to take aspects of any teaching, twist it and turn it because one cannot understand the bigger picture and then call it the truth.

The BKWSU have very 'locked intellects' and my thoughts here is that 'that which you teach, you are'.

bansy

Post24 Feb 2009

Before casting and whilst thinking of this thread, let members be reminded of those who committed suicide, and thus the meaning of life.
Previous

Return to Anything goes