Jung's Tree

for discussing science, relationships, religion or non-BK spirituality.

ex-l

ex-BK

Jung's Tree

Post21 Oct 2009

An interesting bit of symbolism from 'The Red Book' by Carl Jung. A book he wrote and illustrated between 1914 and 1930 during which he developed the nucleus of his later theories of the soul ... psychology. Note the timeline.

Compare it to the early tree of the Brahma Kumaris ... Jung got it more "right"! Note the "egg" down at the center of the roots (click to see). The Brahma Kumaris did not add the Shivalungum/cosmic egg until after the 1950s when they first introduced God Shiva.

This post is of no great importance and suggests no more of a connection except to the greater, wonderful, universal nature of the human sub-consciousness. I suppose the BKs would argue that he "must have remembered it from last Cycle". Ho hum.

The Tree is, of course, common in the symbolism of many religions all over the world, e.g. Yggdrasil, Tree of Life etc.
Jung-tree.jpg
Jung-tree.jpg (24.05 KiB) Viewed 5338 times

button slammer

PBK

Re: Jung's Tree

Post22 Oct 2009

I could read Jung (still do on occasion), but never liked Freud. Spaceships, art, literature, mythology, synchronicity etc my kinda guy. Unlimited broad intellect. I discovered Jung through his introduction to the I Ching back in the early 80's.

There was a documentary on Stonehenge recently, in examining other memorials connected with Stonehenge at the time, an inverted oak tree was discovered buried on a beach. The researcher considered it to be related to the 'afterlife'.

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post22 Oct 2009

Interesting stuff that. I always found Jung more accessible than Freud but, yes, plenty of ideas stolen there.

button slammer

PBK

Post23 Oct 2009

Mr Green wrote:Interesting stuff that. I always found Jung more accessible than Freud but, yes, plenty of ideas stolen there.

Sure, he was way ahead of the game Archetypes = Sanskars. UFOs = soul-conciousness. The main thing used from Jung is the concept of Conciousness and Unconciousness. We take it for granted in the Murlis etc but it was definitely from Jung. I wonder when his consciousness concepts entered the conciousness of the Confluence Age Brahmins?

Return to Anything goes