Where did BK Kevin Rowland go?

for discussing science, relationships, religion or non-BK spirituality.

ex-l

ex-BK

Where did BK Kevin Rowland go?

Post23 Oct 2009

The Brahma Kumaris are known for their emphasis on hunting and seeking what they call "IPs" (important people) or VIPs depending on perceived social status. The instruction comes all the way from the top, the holy ghost that allegedly speaks through their mediums, and it is reinforced by the leaders, like Dadi Janki who will spend extra time and money on courting the VIPs, allowing them indulgences or indiscretions ordinary followers will not be allowed, and giving them an 'extra special' treatment that the impressionable "important person".

To get in on "VIP service" is seen as one of the true perks of BKs, acceptance and acknowledgment of an adherent by the leadership ... usually taking the form of posh/upscale dinners and polite conversation or "pure" drinks parties, in relatively posh/upscale/expensive locations, in which lower ranking but "pure" BKs (read less educated and submissive) will play the role of waiting and catering servants to the BK royals and their courtiers. The thrill of meeting "famous" people ... delivering a VIP to the BKWSU is a major result for followers. Proving to them that the BKWSU must be good/god/the way.

Of course, more than often this investment expenditure is a waste of time. Sometimes it back fires entirely, like all the attention given to BeeGees pop star Robin Gibb, who later turned out to be sexing and getting his Asian housemaid pregnant behind the back of his BK supporting wife. But, of course, it did not stop the BKs taking his money and using his celebrity ... despite the advice given to follower from their "God" that BKs should not accept impure money from non-adherents.

Another minor "famous person" to be pulled into the BK orbit, and let's face, there really are not many who have, was Kevin Rowlands of Dexy's Midnight Runners, an 80s pop group. To be honest, the BKs were probably good for him, I don't really know, at the time he was spirally down into bankruptcies and homeless addicted to drugs. He did not stay long. I had never heard him talk of his experiences, or post-BK experiences.

Kevin certainly did not seem to get the full "message" but he did make a transformation from dark to light!!! Hoo-ray ... he left the BKWSU, went on to discover "his own beauty" and be happy.

my-beauty.jpg
my-beauty.jpg (13.57 KiB) Viewed 4462 times

|

rayoflight

beyond BK

Re: Where did BK Kevin Rowland go?

Post24 Oct 2009

I don't know who he is but he can give some fashion advice to the BK ;).

Mr Green

ex-BK

Re: Where did BK Kevin Rowland go?

Post29 Oct 2009

I think we can see where he went, heh.

Return to Anything goes