Lynne Franks: Absolutely delirious

for discussing science, relationships, religion or non-BK spirituality.

jann

friends or family of a BK

Lynne Franks: Absolutely delirious

Post04 Nov 2010

Lynne Franks: Absolutely delirious - Wednesday, 7 April 2004

The Lynne Franks life story is impressive. At 21, she started a fashion PR company from her kitchen table; later she had two children, before separating from her husband of 20 years and selling her business to pursue her quest for inner peace. She has found it, she tells us, by meditating daily with the female order of the Brahma Kumaris, in Willesden, and by drinking juice. "The first thing I do every morning is drink a fresh juice," she announces. "Go now and buy yourself a juicer. There is a man selling them just outside, if you don't have one already."

Mr Green

ex-BK

Re: Just a thought/question

Post30 Nov 2010

ex-l wrote:I reckon that the BKWSU in the West is so badly marked they will never pull any real celebrities. Unfortunately, from a PR point of view, I think they were all rather too keen to jump into bed with and suck up to any B, C, D ... Z list celebrity and now no real one would touch them. Even celebrities went to school and learnt about dinosaurs. May be not in India, but anywhere in the West, yes. Real people have become far too cult savvy these days.

Who did they catch ... ? The wrong BeeGee (an old ex-disco pop star), who backfired on them by fathering a child to his Asian housekeeper while his bi-sexual druid wife recited poetry at their events ... and Lynne Franks.

I met Lynne Franks. She would be made to feel very special by Maureen. She would take her into the inner sanctum of 'the office!' that was in the old days before Diamond House. In Diamond House, they constructed a lower persons office with many PCs stuffed into a little room with no work space for the less surrendered to do any Admin work. The real office now has a pass lock.

She is an air head imho, Lynne that is.

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: Just a thought/question

Post02 Dec 2010

I met her too, outside of the BKWSU but after she had been courted by them, and she was going on about how wonderful taking psycho-active drugs/mushrooms were. Complete contradiction to the Brahma Kumaris Shrimat and principles.

That is why I could never get how,

a) the BKs could fool themselves into believing she was one of them or spiritual, and
    b) how they could use her as a big service front, a "microphone soul" as they call them.
Of course, she is rich and well connected so different rules apply. The sweet charitable BK Sisters have to give everyone their opportunity to earn their fortune, don't they? If it is good for business ... I suspect she asset stripped the BKWSU for any good idea to incorporate into her own coaching "spiritual" new business. She was always a very driven business person.

She is still being courted/promoting the BKWSU, see Women of Influence
WOMEN OF INFLUENCE CHARITY LUNCHEON
Date: 29 Nov 2010

The Women of Influence Luncheon is the perfect opportunity to network with 500 of the top business women & men from across the midlands. In its 17th year it again welcomes two inspirational women Lynne Franks of ‘I’m a Celebrity’ and the SEED Organisation and the spiritual leader and speaker Sister Jayanti of Brahma Kumaris

Lynne Franks, business woman, author, broadcaster and speaker, described by the world’s media as a lifestyle guru and visionary, is an acclaimed international spokesperson and advisor on the changes in today’s and tomorrow’s world – both for the individual as well as society at large. Her consulting experience with both the public and private sectors; her global work with women’s enterprise, and her recognised gift as a ‘futurist’ have given her considerable insight into the way forward for modern society. She is the founder of SEED – Sustainable Enterprise and Empowerment Dynamics – a provider of women’s learning and coaching programmes on economic empowerment, sustainable business practices and creative leadership, as well as a global on and off-line women’s support network.

Sister Jayanti, a spiritual teacher, writer and broadcaster, with a vision and experience that is truly global and deeply spiritual. Born in India, she has lived in England since the 1950s. Sister Jayanti is European Director of the Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University and their NGO Representative to the United Nations, Geneva.

The day begins at 10.30 with networking and a chance to browse the various stalls including beauty products and treatments, massage – silver & fashion jewellery – gifts-candles – Christmas cards and wrappings amongst many others. Lunch is at 12.00pm and you can be away by 3-30pm or stay to network and visit the stalls.

The proceeds of the luncheon this year will benefit Macmillan Cancer Support a leading national cancer charity and the Women of Influence Award an award for women doing good things in the community

Various packages are available starting with individual places at £37.50. A ‘standard package’ reserves a named table for 10 @ £375 whilst the ‘premier package’ at £495 reserves a table nearer to the stage, with wine, table gifts and a goody bag. Tables for twelve are available if required at £450 & £594 respectively.

Return to Anything goes