Infertility the biggest threat to the future

for discussing science, relationships, religion or non-BK spirituality.

Mike26

Infertility the biggest threat to the future

Post02 Aug 2011

While BKs indoctrinate people about forthcoming destruction through nuclear war, and climate change scammers scare us with visions of catastrophe, one of the most serious threats to the future concerns the drastic decline of male and female fertility. Although several theories have been put forward to account for this, whatever the reasons it is happening at an alarming rate.

Have a look if you are interested on links below:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... cline.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... ected.html

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: Infertility the biggest threat to the future

Post02 Aug 2011

Mike26 wrote:scare us with visions of catastrophe ... the most serious threats to the future concerns the drastic decline of male and female fertility.

Except that it is not true ... fertility rates are rising.

I was going to say, "it's OK, Muslims are still breeding" ... but it seems that is false as well (see video below ... who do you believe?). The "threat" to women having lots of children (not quite the same as fertility) remains the same and it is a good thing. It is education and affluence. Keeping them "barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen" is just a lot darn harder once they can read and earn a degree.

Mike, I just don't understand why you would choose a tabloid "shock-horror" approach, nor how this relates to your experience in the Brahma Kumaris which is, after all, a celibate religion. Surely celibacy is an even bigger threat?

Besides, what is the problem ... ? It only take one sperm to get someone pregnant, each millilitre of ejaculate has 300 million of them, and teenage boys will always have plenty. All women need are more younger lovers.

Interestingly, Monty Python has got it all wrong too ... the Catholic Church is not the "fastest growing religion". That is Islam, at 19,200,000 to the Papist 17,400,000.

Please keep 'on topic' and try wearing boxer shorts instead of tanga briefs if you are really concerned. Wearing a kilt and going commando would probably be even better.

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post03 Aug 2011

pretty much anything you read in the facist eliteist daily mail health section is bogus

and if any ladies are worried, just drop me a line, plenty of fertility going on over here

Mike26

Post04 Aug 2011

Careful with your comments about the daily mail not being a reliable source of facts - you might be accused of being a conspiracy theorist on this site : )

In reality I totally agree that mainstream news and official sites are not to be trusted. Question all they say.

But on this issue of declining fertility they are accurate and your comments just do not concur with the scientific research.

The lack of awareness on this forum does worry me.

Attached is a research paper from 2006 which details the findings of the research team. It indicates that male fertility rates are indeed declining at an alarming rate and not just in terms of sperm count but the strength of
individual sperms. The paper point to a variety of possible causes as you will see if you look at it. This is one of many scientific studies done into this area and the references in the back of the paper point to further research
studies which lend further support to the claims.

The declining fertility rates are particularly acute in the Western industrialized countries.

The declining fertility rates are especially SEVERE IN YOUNG MEN - kind of ironic given the comment about young guys!

Also below is a link to CBS miami article on same issue just in case daily mail plus scientific research is still not enough.!
http://miami.cbslocal.com/2011/04/05/re ... e-decline/
Attachments
Is_human_fecundity_declining.pdf
(444.38 KiB) Downloaded 632 times

Mr Green

ex-BK

Post04 Aug 2011

just nature though

tete

friends or family of a BK

Post21 Jan 2012

When you are a woman, when you are told you are 'infertile', it is by far the most harsh word to hear. I am 'infertile', I conceived via IVF via Monash University on my first go. My 'infertility' was caused due post ectopic pregnancy and due to health issues. IVF was my only avenue.

Interestingly enough though having married a Westerner, I would too hear, "I never complained about not having more children", but it was only code for not having a boy, and yes one day I would hear that too. Sad, but I found the latter more devastating. Us women have such burdens to carry, but it is really ignorance, no matter how enlightened the 'soul' is or rather thinks he is.

I leave you with this film: It's a Girl! Documentary Film - Official Trailer

If some of you have wondered why you are my friend, but very MALE, I will now tell you. My Father so wanted a boy, I arrived, being the third girl and thus he settled on me ... vanity as I look like him. He put that energy that normally goes into a boy (imprint) into me and, in the process, I learned to connect with men on a one to one basis as friends. Interestingly enough, I have one female close friend (I also have the friendship of your beloved ladies ... plus for me) and the rest seem to be men. Yup, odd is it not ... Five years later after my birth, a Brother would arrive and then two more but my dad was hooked. It seemed vanity was more powerful a drug to him ... I only recently recognized this, when my grandmother seemed lost looking at me ... and I smiled and realized she was remembering her son whilst looking at me.

Interestingly enough I came here to post something positive.

Mr. Green yup, I consider you a friend ;-) as wicked as you are at times and funny beyond measure.

p.s. thank you Mike.

nasreenk088

Post05 Mar 2012

Mr Green wrote:pretty much anything you read in the facist eliteist daily mail health section is bogus

and if any ladies are worried, just drop me a line, plenty of fertility going on over here

hmmmm....why the worries!!! :sad:

Return to Anything goes