Beauty in the beholder's eye

for discussing science, relationships, religion or non-BK spirituality.

Misty

Beauty in the beholder's eye

Post19 May 2013

"It was one of those days, when it's a minute away from snowing, and there's this electricity in the air. You can almost hear it, right ? And this bag was just dancing with me, like a little kid begging me to play with it, for fifteen minutes.

That's the day I realized there was this entire life behind things, and this incredibly benevolent force(*), that wanted me to know there was no reason to be afraid, ever. Video's a poor excuse, I know, but it helps me remember. I need to remember.

Sometimes there is so much ... beauty ... in the world, I feel like I cannot take it, and my heart is just going to cave in."

(From: American Beauty)

(*) I call that human interaction but the choice is yours.

" I guess I could be pretty ****** off about what happened to me, but it's hard to stay mad when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I am seeing it all at once, and it's too much. My heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst. And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it. And then it flows through me like rain. And I cannot feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life. You have no idea what I am talking about, I am sure. But don't worry, you will someday."

Of course you do.

Return to Anything goes