Poverty in Mount Abu

for discussing science, relationships, religion or non-BK spirituality.

ex-l

ex-BK

Poverty in Mount Abu

Post23 Jun 2013

From discussion about: the Brahma Kumaris House of International Media and the BKs' various luxury facilities in and around Mount Abu.

It's nice to see someone care up on Mount Abu ... "Holy-Abu Blog: The DEADLY MALAISE - Poverty becomes History".

Tiny_tots_go_hungry_outside_BK_HQ.jpg
Tiny tots go hungry just outside Brahma Kumaris headquarter, place of "God's" alleged incarnation on earth
Holy Abu Blog wrote:Poverty, the dreaded scourge sadly endured by Humans, mankind has miserably failed to eradicate. Over 20 millenniums, civilizations have flourished, romances blossomed and ended mostly tragically, kingdoms overthrown, technology has triumphed but Alas! Nature, Godmen and human beings can hardly account for doing away with stark poverty for good.

So, having Reverence for Life and being a champion of Humanness in Humans and with the desire to do my bit to ease the curse of Poverty, humbly I have launched the voluntary activity of feeding the poor children in Mount Abu. With no dearth of a multitude of beggars passing by my gate every day, I have chosen the mangy urchins, progeny of rag pickers camping all over, for succor.

Every morning, a group of starving disheveled kids vociferously gather at the gate and my daughter-in-law, Anisha, herself a mother of two handsome boys, smilingly doles out a sustenance pertaining to our resources, to each child and not hesitating to discipline and humor the miscreants with tips to be more presentable the next morning. Believe me, the pursuit has worked wonders.

And finally, it is our sacred duty to stretch out our hands and say " In spite of what separates us and what we have in common is Humanity", and thus the least we can do for the needy and hungry is to Bless, Love and Protect them

Brahma_Kumaris_luxury_Mount_Abu_poverty.jpg
Brahma Kumaris' glitzy air-conditioned luxury amidst India's poverty

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: Poverty in Mount Abu

Post23 Jun 2013

The BKs had a champion of the ordinary people of Abu in Dr. Vinay Lakshmi who sadly died. Against the resistance of the BKWSU PBKIVV elite, she started a Village Project to care for the women and children of the area. It became a great success ... it also became a successful public relations effort on behalf of the BKWSU to alleviate not poverty but criticism and dislike of them in Mount Abu.

I see, BKs acting through GHF have promised to continue assisting the village project until 2013 but, since Dr Vinay's death, I have heard no more about it.

Does anyone have any news about it? The pictures I could show of the kind of people's whose lives were touched by her work are sometimes awful. These are not so ... but they give some idea of life around the BKs' increasingly luxurious Head quarters.

girls_washing_in_abu.jpg
Children washing in a drain in Abu

Return to Anything goes