Global Peace Index 2014

for discussing science, relationships, religion or non-BK spirituality.

ex-l

ex-BK

Global Peace Index 2014

Post18 Jun 2014

The Global Peace Index for 2014 has been announced by the Institute for Economics and Peace.

To calculate how peaceful a country is, the GPI looks at 22 different indicators ... the number of Brahma Kumaris mega VIP programmes not included. Each of the different indicators is then weighted according to importance and they can be broken down into three broad sections listed below (with examples):

Ongoing domestic and international conflict
    Number of external and internal conflicts fought
    Number of deaths from organised conflict
    Level of organised conflict
Societal safety and security
    Level of perceived criminality in society
    Political terror scale
    Number of homicides per 100,000 people
    Number of internal security officers and police per 100,000 people
Militarisation
    Nuclear and heavy weapons capability
    Ease of access to small arms and light weapons
    Volume of transfers of major conventional weapons as recipients (imports) per 100,000 people
Final figures are than collated into a numerical list ...
    1 Iceland 1.19
    2 Denmark 1.19
    3 Austria 1.2
    4 New Zealand 1.24
    5 Switzerland 1.26
    6 Finland 1.3
    7 Canada 1.31
    8 Japan 1.32
    9 Belgium 1.35
    10 Norway 1.37

143 India 2.57
Perhaps India has less to teach us about real peace than some people would like to think?

Pink Panther

Re: Global Peace Index 2014

Post19 Jun 2014

1 Iceland 1.19
... 143. India 2.57

Perhaps India has less to teach us about real peace than some people would like to think?

Which maybe illustrates the Lao Tzu aphorism "those who know do not speak, those who speak do not know . And India talks, even brags, a lot about its ”spirituality”.

I mean, you never hear about Icelandic gurus or ashrams. Iceland were, for example, the one country that after the financial collapse of 2008 actually jailed the bank officials and politicians who allowed it to happen rather than reward or bail them out, then restructured their laws and regulations to prevent it happening again. Everywhere else was pretty much "Business as usual”.

Maybe having an open, just, egalitarian civil society under the rule of law is a better foundation in which the human spirit can manifest practically than a land of myopic, podgy-bellied navel-gazing egotists who are amazed at their every thought then let everyone know about it, and then expect others to feed them. No peace without justice.

Like Peter Tosh said
Peter Tosh wrote:”Everyone wants to go to heaven, but no-one wants to die.
Everyone is calling for peace, no-one is calling for justice.
I don’t want no peace, I want equal rights and justice"

ex-l

ex-BK

Post19 Jun 2014

Pink Panther wrote:... And India talks, even brags, a lot about its ”spirituality”.

Any nation with 600 million open defecators is going to want to talk about *anything* else ... perhaps it would be better to define India's spirituality as "the stuff between taking a poop outside".

How do they manage during the Kumbh Mela?

Save Innocents

Post21 Jun 2014

Ex I wrote:"How do they manage during the Kumbh Mela?"

Haa haa haa. Funny. Rivers & open grounds are the available options.

I would really like to add, India is great but not all of its Indians. Perhaps the way Indian gurus are making fun of religion & spirituality within & outside India, position 143 is still not bad. May be if it continues this way, then after few years, we will see it at last mark. It is just the effort of good people & right spiritual mentors that India got 143.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post22 Jun 2014

During the Maha Kumbh Mela in 2013, approximately 100 million people attended.

Given the weight of an average turd is around 120gm, let's say 100gm in include people fasting etc, that's a "donation" of 10,000 tonnes of poop a day ... or to visualise it, as much as 2,000 adult elephants. 2,000 adult elephants who cannot walk away on their own.

I've often written, what India needs most is more sanitary engineers, not more god men or women attempting to clamber to the top of the **** pile and exploit it for a living ... sanitary engineers are the true saint of civilisation.

What am I trying to say?

I am making a real statement but I am also trying to say something a little more metaphorical too.

Just as everyone has a shadow, everyone carries with them and dumps their bit of **** behind them too. BKs included. The question is, where are you dumping it and on whom? Who is left to sweep up after you or do you take care of your own? How and by whom is it dealt with?

The BKs appear to want to ignore it ... it's someone else problem. "The scientists", I dare say, will sort it out for them.

Dealing with and managing reality should be our priority of our attention, not marketing some numinous commodity called "spirituality".

Here is a real measurement of India's "peace". Surprisingly, India is not that peaceful. Is it really actually that "spiritual" too? Or does it deal in a traditional of "spirituality plus lots of poop" requiring an army of poop sweepers?

Save Innocents

Post24 Jun 2014

Haa haa Haaaaa That was really a funny post. Kudos to your awesome calculation of poops. :D

Return to Anything goes