Father of the Atomic Bomb Quotes Hindu Scripture.

for discussing science, relationships, religion or non-BK spirituality.

shivsena

ex-PBK

Father of the Atomic Bomb Quotes Hindu Scripture.

Post03 Jul 2014

Sharing a good link.

Father of the Atomic Bomb Quotes Hindu Scripture After First Nuclear Detonation

J.R. Oppenheimer is often referred to as the Father of the atomic bomb for his role in the Manhattan Project, the World War II project that developed the first nuclear weapons. The first atomic bomb was detonated on July 16, 1945, in the Trinity test in New Mexico. Oppenheimer remarked later that it brought to mind words from the Bhagavad Gita: "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." The following video shows him quoting from the Bhagavad Gita about the testing of the atomic bomb.

Two days before the Trinity test, Oppenheimer expressed his hopes and fears in a quotation from the Bhagavad Gita:
    "In battle, in the forest, at the precipice in the mountains,
    On the dark great sea, in the midst of javelins and arrows,
    In sleep, in confusion, in the depths of shame,
    The good deeds a man has done before defend him."
Oppenheimer, although raised in a Jewish environment, was deeply affected by Vedic philosophy. His Brother said that Oppenheimer found the Bhagavad Gita "very easy and quite marvellous ... (and) was really taken by the charm and the general wisdom of the Bhagavad Gita".

Oppenheimer also claimed that, “access to the Vedas is the greatest privilege this century may claim over all previous centuries.”

Remarkably he even once hinted at the possibility of weapons on par of the nuclear ones he was working on in previous eras, particularly those of the Ramayana and Mahabharata. While he was giving a lecture at Rochester University, during the question and answer period a student asked a question to which Oppenheimer gave a strangely qualified answer:
    Student: "Was the bomb exploded at Alamogordo during the Manhattan Project the first one to be detonated?"
    Dr. Oppenheimer replied: "Well — yes. In modern times, of course."
Some people suggest that Oppenheimer was referring to the Brahmastra weapon mentioned in the Mahabharata. The appreciation did not stop there. So much so he always gave the book (Bhagavad Gita) as a present to his friends and kept a copy on the shelf closest to his desk.

ex-l

ex-BK

Re: Father of the Atomic Bomb Quotes Hindu Scripture.

Post03 Jul 2014

shivsena wrote:Sharing a good link.

What on earth is "good" about all that?

It's probably one of the greatest and ugliest evils ever committed by man.

Oppenheimer looks like he is wearing a death mask to me.

The vegetarian Einstein, on the other hand, wrote ...
"I made one great mistake in my life... when I signed the letter to President Roosevelt recommending that atom bombs be made ... when the war is over, then there will be in all countries a pursuit of secret war preparations with technological means which will lead inevitably to preventative wars and to destruction even more terrible than the present destruction of life."

Einstein later wrote, "I have always condemned the use of the atomic bomb against Japan" and adopted a pacifist resolution.

For me, that is good quote ... and it illustrates a core difference between a normal mind and the insanity of Brahma Kumarism who promote the concept that the mass slaughter of an "impure" humanity so that they might inherit and exclusively rule a heaven on earth afterwards is "good", inevitable and unavoidable. Indeed, a consequence and manifestation of their efforts.

Those are the facts.

Pink Panther

Post04 Jul 2014

I have always felt Oppenheimer’s quoting those passages was because he was in dreaded awe of what had been unleashed. The development of nuclear weapons was apparently a bit of a race - hoping that the Nazis weren’t going to do it first, although I don’t know if that is true or propaganda.

newlife

BK

Pink Panther

Post18 Dec 2014

Conspicuously absent are any sources other than the blogger’s opinions and interpretations of ancient scriptures.

The problem here is the desire for one thing to mean or to prove something, and only presenting a single version and not testing that hypothesis against other information, correlating evidence or that there may be other possibilities for the Scripture references or the other evidence.

For example, if it is true there is radioactivity at Mohenjo-Daro (first i’ve heard of that) well, radioactivity has fingerprints. They can tell from what source - uranium, plutonium etc, they can tell whether it’s from a fission reaction, like a bomb, or naturally occurring like you'd find near uranium deposits. From its half life they can tell how long ago an explosion would been set off.

That is, as soon as you offer a quantifiable, verifiable piece of evidence but do not actually quantify or verify it, it implies that it is mentioned generally, in desperation, but please don't look too closely.

ex-l

ex-BK

Post18 Dec 2014

Pink Panther wrote:Conspicuously absent are any sources other than the blogger’s opinions and interpretations of ancient scriptures.

Yes, beware of confirmational biases. It is typical of BKs to do so ... grasping onto events & interpretation that might give credibility to the teachings.

But what are you saying ... that this happened 5,000 years ago or 2,500 years ago?

It does not make logical sense either way. How could evidence of the last Kali Yuga remain through the Golden Age?

Why would a society that had nuclear weapons fight a war with bows and arrows and upon horse and elephant back? Surely if they could make nuclear missiles they could make modern tanks, artillery and bombers?

Why if it happened 5,000 years ago (last Kalpa identical to today by BK theory), were there primitive artefacts more in tune with the historical non-BK view? Surely, the archeologists would be finding mobile phones, iPads, Nike training shoes and motorcars?

Kisari Mohan Ganguli (1883-1896) was translator, most known for the first complete English translation of the Sanskrit epic Mahabharata sold between 1883 to 1896 in Calcutta. A copy of his work is, here.

Read the original and decide.

Return to Anything goes